West World.....

What am I missing? It was impossible most of the time for me to figure out who was real and who were the androids. How are the guests supposed to know? Seems like they could have had an ID marker on them or something.

I think all of the androids do. What I don't get is how they have guns that are lethal when used against androids yet apparently shoot blanks when turned on humans. But I honestly don't really care. I've always been more into the metaphor then details like this.

Too cheap to pay for HBO, so I'll take your word for it.

I don't even have a TV, but I've been watching it anyway. I -would- pay for it if I could afford it. I think it's awesome, it's become my favourite TV series overnight (atleast I think it has, it's been a while since the last Game of Thrones episode of the season aired). Also, Ramin Djawadi's opening theme music combined with the video is sublime in my view -.-...

Ramin Djawadi's is persian iranian :beer:
28961141477416626960_ram.jpg
download

He's also German apparently:
"He was born in Duisburg, West Germany, to an Iranian father and a German mother."

Source: Ramin Djawadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Corroborating evidence for his father's nationality and his place of birth:
"Ramin Djawadi was born on July 19, 1974 in Duisburg, West Germany. His father was an Iranian immigrant in Germany."

Source: Ramin Djawadi - Composer Biography, Facts and Music Compositions

Also, he's the composer of all the Game of Thrones music. Now I know why it's so hard for me to find a clear winner between Game of Thrones and Westworld, he composes the music for both of them ;-)...
Meet the musical genius behind the 'Game of Thrones' soundtrack who watches each season before anyone else

no different . persian and german are aryan :biggrin:

Interesting. I'd known little about the term Aryan other than the Hitler's praise for them. Turns out it did in fact originate from Indo-Iranian people. Learn something new every day...
Aryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

111489.jpg

envelope from adolf hitler to reza shah (iran king)
congratulation nowroz (iran new year)
:biggrin:

Did you not understand that I'm not interested in the show, or HBO?

Then why respond to a review of it? Turn the channel and go someplace else. Stop trolling and wasting peoples time.

Based on his original comment, I think he wanted to let people know about the new shows he had started watching. I was certainly interested in that part, though ofcourse it didn't really have anything to do with Westworld, other then that they were also new shows. I decided to start a thread where everyone can list the TV shows that they're currently watching here:
What TV Show(s) are you watching right now?

I'm liking the show. LOADS of eye candy. Story lines are difficult to follow, but I think I'm starting to catch on.

Confusing. Slow. Absurd. Boring. Nonsensical. Pointless.

Tonight is the third episode. If something doesn't happen to make it even somewhat worth watching I'll cross it off my list.

Compared to such masterpieces as Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Rome and Boardwalk Empire, this WestWorld is a ridiculous waste of time.

Much, much better than the original movie

As usual, HBO nails it. Could air for a long time as they can keep introducing characters to visit Westworld

Tonight is the third episode. If something doesn't happen to make it even somewhat worth watching I'll cross it off my list.

Compared to such masterpieces as Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Rome and Boardwalk Empire, this WestWorld is a ridiculous waste of time.

You think nothing is happening -.-? I was hooked by episode 2, and episode 3 is even better in my view. I'm also in love with Evan Rachel Wood, an actress I hadn't even known before this show. That being said, I have heard some really good things about Deadwood, and it's also essentially a western, think I may check it out.

You think nothing is happening -.-? I was hooked by episode 2, and episode 3 is even better in my view. I'm also in love with Evan Rachel Wood, an actress I hadn't even known before this show. That being said, I have heard some really good things about Deadwood, and it's also essentially a western, think I may check it out.

Deadwood was a great series you cocksucker (you'll figure it out)
Only problem was HBO just pulled the plug on it and there was no real ending

I have to agree......the first episode was very good.....now, the show has ground to a stop......

If you like WestWorld, which is as fantastic as Superman, I'm sure you will like Deadwood, which, while colorfully exaggerated, is based on bizarre but entirely credible circumstances and characters. While Deadwood ended rather abruptly, much like reaching the missing pages of an interesting book, every minute of every episode in that wonderful series was enjoyable and well worth watching.

I have to agree......the first episode was very good.....now, the show has ground to a stop......
It's like an elaborate, meaningless dream that just keeps plodding on from one empty, nonsensical sequence to another. I think of it as a waste of time and I probably won't bother watching it anymore. There are more interesting things on in that time slot.

If you like WestWorld, which is as fantastic as Superman, I'm sure you will like Deadwood, which, while colorfully exaggerated, is based on bizarre but entirely credible circumstances and characters. While Deadwood ended rather abruptly, much like reaching the missing pages of an interesting book, every minute of every episode in that wonderful series was enjoyable and well worth watching.

Saw the first 10 minutes of it. It looks ok, I generally need to see an entire episode or 2 before I can really decide.

Have to agree with you, you cocksucker

It's like an elaborate, meaningless dream that just keeps plodding on from one empty, nonsensical sequence to another. I think of it as a waste of time and I probably won't bother watching it anymore. There are more interesting things on in that time slot.

Blasphemy -.- Seriously, Westworld has become my favourite currently airing show. Maybe the reason I like it so much is because of the metaphors to the real world that I draw. I consider the "guests" to be the proverbial "1%" and the hosts to be the rest of us. I also really like Evan Rachel Wood's performance as Dolores.

(Spoiler ahead)

And I think the 2 different sides (guest/host) may really be coming together now that Dolores finds William and Logan's campsite and collapses in William's arms.

What is it with you and this cocksucker business :p? I suspect Father Guido may be involved -.-...

Last edited:

Another point, I'm not the only one who is intrigued by all the things that are going on in Westworld. Here's an article that compares Westworld to Lost and has a bunch of questions on it...
http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-have-a-lot-more-questions-about-westworld-1787878191

What is it with you and this cocksucker business :p? I suspect Father Guido may be involved -.-...

Deadwood holds the record for most times cocksucker used in a sentence, most times cocksucker used in a scene, most times cocksucker used in and episode and a series. It also holds the record for most creative use of the word cocksucker

loved deadwood.....like westworld....the looping of the hosts at times is kinda boring but the show is interesting in the premise of guests who can do whatever...and hosts who do what they are programmed to do ..and the foreshadowing...'one code line away from chaos' or something like that

loved deadwood.....like westworld....the looping of the hosts at times is kinda boring but the show is interesting in the premise of guests who can do whatever...and hosts who do what they are programmed to do ..and the foreshadowing...'one code line away from chaos' or something like that

I think of the looping as kinda like our every day routines. I guess you could say I never really focus too hard on a lot of the details if they don't seem to be important- the looping thing seems to be kind of background information- the real story is in the things that are changing, all because of the fact that the hosts are now able to remember pieces of their past "lives". Some of the hosts are now killing each other outside of the script. This also plays out with Dolores- first, she killed a fly, something which other hosts were starting to have conniptions about not being able to do. Now she actually managed to pull the trigger of a gun and kill a fellow host. But to me, the most important developments are the interactions between androids and humans where the humans are becoming emotionally attached to the androids. Bernard seems to be forming a pretty strong attachment to Dolores, for instance, and is clearly breaking company rules to do so. It's already having large effects, such as his essentially giving her a gun to defend herself with. I also have high hopes for the interaction between Dolores and William as well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back