West World.....

[

Again....right on point...that is what it should have been.....

No, not at all.

Did no one here read the Crichton book?

I saw the original movie....that was fun....

Yes, but not true to the book.

This was actually closer, but this was flawed on several levels. They MENTIONED the Turing test, but failed to explain the impact and why it was critical to what was going on. Gaining self-awareness by the machines altered the dynamic of the park. Of course this series had no virus, the ultimate feature of the book.

[

No, not at all.

This was actually closer, but this was flawed on several levels. They MENTIONED the Turing test, but failed to explain the impact and why it was critical to what was going on. Gaining self-awareness by the machines altered the dynamic of the park. Of course this series had no virus, the ultimate feature of the book.

I just went to Wikipedia....it says that the film came first, and then Crichton wrote a book tie in for the film....

No, not at all.

Did you see the whole series? 'Cause "These violent delights have violent ends" sure seemed a lot like a virus to me, just not necessarily a bad one. Have you ever heard of the word meme and the study of memetics? In a lot of ways, memes can be like viruses, only they're passed through language instead of through microscopic life forms...
Meme - Wikipedia

Personally, I loved the show, and while they may not have dwelled on the meaning of the turing test all that much, I think they did a great job of covering the heart of it anyway.

The Maze was essentially made so that the androids could become conscious, which I believe was what Alan Turing was hoping AI could achieve

For those not familiar with the Turing Test...
Turing test - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back