West World.....

BTW, according to my understanding the cult members, with their knives, axes, clubs, and whatnot are Hosts gone awry. They are out of control, and could indeed harm some of the Guests. This is a significant part of the story line.

If I'm right.

"These violent delights have violent ends". Which brings me to yet another musical piece that I really like from it, starting around 2 minutes in...

I also saw a parallel with the old Fantasy Island - main characters remain but a new group of "stars" show up each week.

My take on this is basically that the programmers are adding human-like "emotions" to the Hosts to make them more entertaining to the Guests, but as an unexpected result, the Hosts begin to act like sentient beings, with their own agenda.

Also, a lot of parallels with Lost - story is going nowhere fast, but makes interesting viewing nonetheless.

Aside: I presume it is possible to fcuk the Hosts, eh? Wouldn't mind getting to Know that one little slut in the bar. I find her quite inspiring.

Agree...if HBO can't give us a storyline worth watching, at least they can throw in some gratuitous sex

Confusing. Slow. Absurd. Boring. Nonsensical. Pointless.

Tonight is the third episode. If something doesn't happen to make it even somewhat worth watching I'll cross it off my list.

Compared to such masterpieces as Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Rome and Boardwalk Empire, this WestWorld is a ridiculous waste of time.

You think nothing is happening -.-? I was hooked by episode 2, and episode 3 is even better in my view. I'm also in love with Evan Rachel Wood, an actress I hadn't even known before this show. That being said, I have heard some really good things about Deadwood, and it's also essentially a western, think I may check it out.

Deadwood was a great series you cocksucker (you'll figure it out)
Only problem was HBO just pulled the plug on it and there was no real ending

There has been a lot of talk that Deadwood will be back in some form.

HBO is finally making a Deadwood movie
‘Deadwood’ Reunion 2017 — Is It Happening? - Mediamass

Confusing. Slow. Absurd. Boring. Nonsensical. Pointless.

Tonight is the third episode. If something doesn't happen to make it even somewhat worth watching I'll cross it off my list.

Compared to such masterpieces as Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Rome and Boardwalk Empire, this WestWorld is a ridiculous waste of time.

You think nothing is happening -.-? I was hooked by episode 2, and episode 3 is even better in my view. I'm also in love with Evan Rachel Wood, an actress I hadn't even known before this show. That being said, I have heard some really good things about Deadwood, and it's also essentially a western, think I may check it out.

Deadwood was a great series you cocksucker (you'll figure it out)
Only problem was HBO just pulled the plug on it and there was no real ending

There has been a lot of talk that Deadwood will be back in some form.

HBO is finally making a Deadwood movie
‘Deadwood’ Reunion 2017 — Is It Happening? - Mediamass

I'll believe those cocksuckers when I actually see it

The worst thing those cocksuckers did was pull the plug and just not come back the next season

Well.....watched the Season Finale last night....boring, and not worth the time.........I won't be watching the 2nd season....

BTW, according to my understanding the cult members, with their knives, axes, clubs, and whatnot are Hosts gone awry. They are out of control, and could indeed harm some of the Guests. This is a significant part of the story line.

If I'm right.

"These violent delights have violent ends". Which brings me to yet another musical piece that I really like from it, starting around 2 minutes in...

It is interesting how music affects a movie and t.v. show...the saloon robbery was shown several times...the first time they used an orchestral version of Paint it Black during the robbery...and it really made the action better....later, they used other music and it was less interesting......

Well.....watched the Season Finale last night....boring, and not worth the time.........I won't be watching the 2nd season....

I slogged through the first season hoping it would finally deliver....It didn't

Season 2 is supposed to be in 2018....don't think I will bother

Fool me once....

I agree completely.

I tuned away from the first episode because it was impossible to understand who was who, what was what, and what was going on. I didn't bother tuning in to the second episode because the memory of the first disappointment was still fresh.

I did tune into one or two more episodes, including last night's, and each time it took about ten minutes to become totally bored and tune away. So far I haven't read one favorable review (by an ordinary viewer) of this waste of time, money and talent (Anthony Hopkins),

I'm hoping HBO will dump it and replace it with something else.

Last edited:
It is interesting how music affects a movie and t.v. show...the saloon robbery was shown several times...the first time they used an orchestral version of Paint it Black during the robbery...and it really made the action better....later, they used other music and it was less interesting......
Some really good examples of that are the movies, Dances With Wolves and Braveheart. Those musical scores (by the late John Barry) are what made those movies more than just great. The same may be said for many other movies and tv series.

I agree completely.

I tuned away from the first episode because it was impossible to understand who was who, what was what, and what was going on. I didn't bother tuning in to the second episode because the memory of the first disappointment was still fresh.

I did tune into one or two more episodes, including last night's, and each time it took about ten minutes to become totally bored and tune away. So far I haven't read one favorable review (by an ordinary viewer) of this waste of time, money and talent (Anthony Hopkins),

I'm hoping HBO will dump it and replace it with something else.

It was just tedious to keep up with and when you did, it really wasn't worth it. This character is secretly that character, this character is really a robot, who gives a crap about the maze.

loved deadwood.....like westworld....the looping of the hosts at times is kinda boring but the show is interesting in the premise of guests who can do whatever...and hosts who do what they are programmed to do ..and the foreshadowing...'one code line away from chaos' or something like that
When all is said and done I believe being able to enjoy a production like WestWorld calls for being receptive to utter fantasy. I am not. I never believed in Santa Claus or tooth fairies, and even though I quietly agonized through twelve years of Catholic School to patronize my dear mother's devotion to the Church (and avoid being walloped) I have always been a covert but unmitigated atheist.

There are some fantasies which are subliminally acceptable because they accommodate a functional purpose -- such as my occasional fantasies about Kate Winslet or Scarlett Johannsen. And there are theatrical productions, such as the Game of Thrones TV series, which present likeable and interesting characters and such satisfying visual and situational experiences they are well worth watching (even though the plots are often bafflingly confusing).

Series like Rome, Boardwalk Empire and Deadwood are somewhat fantastic but their essence is tangibly real because they are based on historical fact. But this WestWorld production is totally vapid. A silly waste of time and talent.

Last edited:
Some really good examples of that are the movies, Dances With Wolves and Braveheart. Those musical scores (by the late John Barry) are what made those movies more than just great. The same may be said for many other movies and tv series.

Whatever his personal problems are....Braveheart is an amazing movie.... and Mel Gibson knows how to direct......he is as good as spielberg....

loved deadwood.....like westworld....the looping of the hosts at times is kinda boring but the show is interesting in the premise of guests who can do whatever...and hosts who do what they are programmed to do ..and the foreshadowing...'one code line away from chaos' or something like that
When all is said and done I believe being able to enjoy a production like WestWorld calls for being receptive to utter fantasy. I am not. I never believed in Santa Claus or tooth fairies, and even though I quietly agonized through twelve years of Catholic School to patronize my dear mother's devotion to the Church (and avoid being walloped) I have always been a covert but unmitigated atheist.

There are some fantasies which are subliminally acceptable because they accommodate a functional purpose -- such as my occasional fantasies about Kate Winslet or Scarlett Johannsen. And there are theatrical productions, such as the Game of Thrones TV series, which present likeable and interesting characters and such satisfying visual and situational experiences they are well worth watching (even though the plots are often bafflingly confusing).

Series like Rome, Boardwalk Empire and Deadwood are somewhat fantastic but their essence is tangibly real because they are based on historical fact. But this WestWorld production is totally vapid. A silly waste of time and talent.

The original movie was good because it was 2 hours......and had a point....they could have done a really good 2-3 hour remake of the original movie and called it a day....I have no clue how they would ever go on to season 2 and after...there just isn't anyplace to go...

I agree...they spend far too much time developing and revealing the mythology of Westworld rather than concentrate on character and storyline. There just was not something that compelling to make you want to tune in next week. I usually got around to watching WW on Wednesday or Thursday and was barely interested in what I was watching
The critics loved it as did the internet geeks who reveled in every minute plot development
Sex and violence are usually enough to cover a weak storyline....But with WW, you knew it was all fake and scripted anyway....like watching someone get killed in a video game

You moved to Brick?

So....to use West World for conversation.....

In the final episode and throughout the series they bitch about humans being bad and evil.....but that isn't really the case as far as West World goes....only one man knows that the robots are gaining sentience, Anthony Hopkins, everyone else thinks it is just Disney Land for adults.......except for a few people who wouldn't care, as soon as most people learned that the robots were "alive" there would be a movement to free them....so the Madame of the Saloon is just wrong....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back