West Virginians FIGHTING MAD at Joe Manchin for $15 Minimum Wage Opposition

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

The Dem Party is headed for civil war...Manchin is a DINO (Democrat In Name Only)

The Dem Party is headed for civil war...Manchin is a DINO (Democrat In Name Only)

Yep having been in WV many many times and still owning property there, I can say that the not light pigmented people people in their photos are very much the minority. WV is a very white state. WV MW is already $8.75 per hour so if they wanted $15 an hour they could have it. Clearly they don't as a whole

• Banned
"As a native West Virginian, I usually grit my teeth and wince when I see my home state making national headlines.

My state consistently tops the lists for poor health, a struggling education system, and high poverty rates. However, this time, West Virginians are at the top of a list they can be proud of — West Virginia is leading the nation in the COVID-19 vaccine rollout!"

GOD BLESS WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA!

"As a native West Virginian, I usually grit my teeth and wince when I see my home state making national headlines.

My state consistently tops the lists for poor health, a struggling education system, and high poverty rates. However, this time, West Virginians are at the top of a list they can be proud of — West Virginia is leading the nation in the COVID-19 vaccine rollout!"

Interesting that though. They did it by bypassing the profit motive. They used the National Guard to get the vaccine out while other states relied on pharmaceutical companies like Walgreens and CVS.

• Banned
Joe Manchin, the senior Senator from West Virginia. He’s a Democrat.⁣

He has announced that he intends to vote against confirming Neera Tanden, because she had tweeted criticism of lawmakers in the past. ⁣

This is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh.

This is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm William Barr.

And this is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm Trump’s ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, who was nothing but a twitter troll for Trump.⁣

This sure appears to be a double standard, my friends

He has announced that he intends to vote against confirming Neera Tanden, because she had tweeted criticism of lawmakers in the past. ⁣

And this is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm Trump’s ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, who was nothing but a twitter troll for Trump.⁣

Yes but the double standard is widespread. The "left" condemned Trump all day for doing this. It's either OK or it's not.

Calling people names on Twitter IMO is a clear sign of an immature person not qualified for important offices.

Forgot your meds again, didn't you?

Yep having been in WV many many times and still owning property there, I can say that the not light pigmented people people in their photos are very much the minority. WV is a very white state. WV MW is already $8.75 per hour so if they wanted $15 an hour they could have it. Clearly they don't as a whole

• Minimum wage workers tend to be young.
  • Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers,
  • they made up just under half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less.
  • Among employed teenagers (ages 16 to 19) paid by the hour, about 8 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 1 percent of workers age 25 and older. (See tables 1 and 7.)
BUT what is the typical MSM example of a minimum wage earner:
Older than 25 male head of household, sole income source.... oh woe is.....
Also the raising of minimum wage means several increases in employer costs:
Regardless of hourly rate, employer contributes 6.2% in payroll taxes... so the cost is more than just an hourly increase.

Joe Manchin knows his constituents. He has to walk that tightrope between placating a conservative state, while supporting his party where feasible.

He's right. Not many can afford to hire at $15 an hour. If it passes there won't be many jobs and prices of everything will go up to cover that idiotic minimum wage.

We have it here in Florida and I can just see some businesses going out of business cause they can't afford to hire. Also how are long time employee's going to feel when a newbie is making more money than they are.

I can see loads of problems with a $15 hour minimum wage.

Yes but the double standard is widespread. The "left" condemned Trump all day for doing this. It's either OK or it's not.

Calling people names on Twitter IMO is a clear sign of an immature person not qualified for important offices.

......but but but trump. Lol.

What part of my argument do you disagree with?

The left rages with seething hate and offers no substance. There is a difference. It's not the same.

The left rages with seething hate and offers no substance. There is a difference. It's not the same.

So there was no part? You just felt a need to offer nothing of substance?

Interesting that though. They did it by bypassing the profit motive. They used the National Guard to get the vaccine out while other states relied on pharmaceutical companies like Walgreens and CVS.

how much of a profit can those companies be making when paid by the government at government mandated rates?

how much of a profit can those companies be making when paid by the government at government mandated rates?

No idea..........I might guess that the delay in other states was Walgreens and CVS debating on how to make the most profit as possible.

Calling people out for their inequity, lawlessness, isn't wrong. Many of Trump's tweets were stupid though.

Forum List

Back