West Virginians FIGHTING MAD at Joe Manchin for $15 Minimum Wage Opposition

Joe Manchin, the senior Senator from West Virginia. He’s a Democrat.⁣

He has announced that he intends to vote against confirming Neera Tanden, because she had tweeted criticism of lawmakers in the past. ⁣

This is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh.

This is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm William Barr.

And this is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm Trump’s ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, who was nothing but a twitter troll for Trump.⁣

This sure appears to be a double standard, my friends

Yes but the double standard is widespread. The "left" condemned Trump all day for doing this. It's either OK or it's not.

Calling people names on Twitter IMO is a clear sign of an immature person not qualified for important offices.

......but but but trump. Lol.

What part of my argument do you disagree with?

The left rages with seething hate and offers no substance. There is a difference. It's not the same.

Calling people out for their inequity, lawlessness, isn't wrong. Many of Trump's tweets were stupid though.

Which is why Manchin is not going to support this nominee and led to my statement. It shows an immature person not fit for higher offices.

He has announced that he intends to vote against confirming Neera Tanden, because she had tweeted criticism of lawmakers in the past. ⁣

And this is the same Joe Manchin who voted to confirm Trump’s ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, who was nothing but a twitter troll for Trump.⁣

Yes but the double standard is widespread. The "left" condemned Trump all day for doing this. It's either OK or it's not.

Calling people names on Twitter IMO is a clear sign of an immature person not qualified for important offices.

The left rages with seething hate and offers no substance. There is a difference. It's not the same.

Calling people out for their inequity, lawlessness, isn't wrong. Many of Trump's tweets were stupid though.

Which is why Manchin is not going to support this nominee and led to my statement. It shows an immature person not fit for higher offices.

So essentially you're saying that the federal govt is worthless. I agree.

I said they and a large number of their supporters are hypocrites.

They're all immature so do you support them?

They're all immature so do you support them?

I already noted that I'm good with Manchin not supporting this nominee.

I can see loads of problems with a $15 hour minimum wage.
But not for those getting the $15 an hour.

Oh I'd say they will love it. Only problem is there won't be many of them.
So, these businesses that are going to have to let people go have been operating all along with surplus workers on staff?
YUP! Most small businesses that will be affected are owned by ordinary Americans who aren't greedy but have been to the
financial ability carrying some people. For sure! People that aren't smart enough to get a higher paying job. Easier to keep them
on BUT if the small business owner's expenses increase over 60% here I'll figure it out for those of you that can't!)
1 worker at $7.25 /hour cost the employer actually $7.70/hour (see most people unaware employer pays 6.2% payroll tax to govt.)
1 worker at $15.00/hour cost the employer actually $15.93/hour or nearly 50% more in wages.
The average small business where the $15 wage will have the most impact nets about
How Much Profit Does the Average Small Business Owner Make a Year in 2021?
The general public believes that a small business makes up to 36% profit margin when in actuality, the number isn’t even remotely close to 36%. From an article titled SME Operating Performance on the Government of Canada website, margins for a small business operating between 2004 and 2012 were 7%.
7% net profit average small business.
So assume a small business paying minimum wage for 4 employees or a total of $127,000 vs $61,600 or more than double.
That small business net margin was $27,090 at $61,600 employee costs... but at $127,000... zero net profit but a loss!
So what will that small business do?
aveprofitsmallbusiness.png

So, these businesses that are going to have to let people go have been operating all along with surplus workers on staff?
YUP! Most small businesses that will be affected are owned by ordinary Americans who aren't greedy but have been to the
financial ability carrying some people. For sure! People that aren't smart enough to get a higher paying job. Easier to keep them
on BUT if the small business owner's expenses increase over 60% here I'll figure it out for those of you that can't!)
1 worker at $7.25 /hour cost the employer actually $7.70/hour (see most people unaware employer pays 6.2% payroll tax to govt.)
1 worker at $15.00/hour cost the employer actually $15.93/hour or nearly 50% more in wages.
The average small business where the $15 wage will have the most impact nets about
The general public believes that a small business makes up to 36% profit margin when in actuality, the number isn’t even remotely close to 36%. From an article titled SME Operating Performance on the Government of Canada website, margins for a small business operating between 2004 and 2012 were 7%.
So assume a small business paying minimum wage for 4 employees or a total of $127,000 vs $61,600 or more than double.
That small business net margin was $27,090 at $61,600 employee costs... but at $127,000... zero net profit but a loss!
View attachment 460748

Maybe small business owners should be asking for their share of what Musk, Bezo's, Goldman Sachs, etc are getting?

Nope. They have employees but aren't paying $15 and hour. If they have to pay that then there won't be many employees, if any.

The ceos and executives of the companies make many millions of times more than just 15 dollars an hour.

Yet the far right has no problem with the obscene income of the ceos and executives.

Why is it ok for the few at the top of the companies to make obscene income but it's not ok for those at the bottom and middle to make a living wage?

Why is it accepted that working people have to rely on public assistance because they don't make a living wage while the ceos and executives are making millions of dollars a year?

I think that the compensation for those at the top needs to be looked at before anyone has a problem with the rest making a living wage.

Joe is a red-state democrat...just as Susan Collins is a blue state Republican.

Not quite the same as a DINO or RINO.

The former Missouri State Governor Jay Nixon was a Democrat. I voted for him. On the national stage he would be considered a moderate Republican...but by Missouri standards he is left of center.

Joe and Susan should be judged in comparison to their constituency...not the national range.

The ceos and executives of the companies make many millions of times more than just 15 dollars an hour.

Yet the far right has no problem with the obscene income of the ceos and executives.

Why is it ok for the few at the top of the companies to make obscene income but it's not ok for those at the bottom and middle to make a living wage?

Why is it accepted that working people have to rely on public assistance because they don't make a living wage while the ceos and executives are making millions of dollars a year?

I think that the compensation for those at the top needs to be looked at before anyone has a problem with the rest making a living wage.

No one is talking about big companies idiot. We are talking about small business which is the back bone of this country. No one running a small business can afford to pay $15 an hour. I'm wondering how many will go out of business.

View attachment 460748

Maybe small business owners should be asking for their share of what Musk, Bezo's, Goldman Sachs, etc are getting?
Right! Welcome to the worker's paradise!
Apple1984commercial.png

How many people do you think would be directly affected by raising the NATIONAL Minimum wage to $15.00/hr?
FACT:
In 2018, 81.9 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates,
representing 58.5 percent of all wage and salary workers.
Among those paid by the hour, 434,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
About 1.3 million had wages below the federal minimum.
Together, these 1.7 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.1 percent of all hourly paid workers.
Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up just under half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less.
Among employed teenagers (ages 16 to 19) paid by the hour, about 8 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 1 percent of workers age 25 and older. (See tables 1 and 7.)
Now evidently you aren't aware of a concept known as "standard of living".

This in your simple terms is You live in NYC $15/hour/ $2,400/mo will be spent entirely on rent! So why is that fair?
But in Mississippi.. $15/hr is considerably more than the standard of living requires.
Is that fair?
I'm all in favor of "STATES" determining minimum because I believe "one size does not fit all" national minimum wage is inappropriate!

The Dem Party is headed for civil war...Manchin is a DINO (Democrat In Name Only)

Yep having been in WV many many times and still owning property there, I can say that the not light pigmented people people in their photos are very much the minority. WV is a very white state. WV MW is already $8.75 per hour so if they wanted $15 an hour they could have it. Clearly they don't as a whole

It would not surprise me if a majority of the people in West Virginia supported a $15 minimum wage. There is a interesting disconnect. In Florida, a referendum on raising the minimum wage to $15 passed with over 60% of the vote. That is a larger margin than Trump got in the Presidential race in Florida.

The Dem Party is headed for civil war...Manchin is a DINO (Democrat In Name Only)

Yep having been in WV many many times and still owning property there, I can say that the not light pigmented people people in their photos are very much the minority. WV is a very white state. WV MW is already $8.75 per hour so if they wanted $15 an hour they could have it. Clearly they don't as a whole

It would not surprise me if a majority of the people in West Virginia supported a $15 minimum wage. There is a interesting disconnect. In Florida, a referendum on raising the minimum wage to $15 passed with over 60% of the vote. That is a larger margin than Trump got in the Presidential race in Florida.

And that is Florida's life style requires that minimum wage. Which is fine for Florida! It is not ONE size fits all folks!

Do minimum wage jobs need to be done? Debatable. But a good job if one doesn't feel like working hard.

Do minimum wage jobs need to be done? Debatable. But a good job if one doesn't feel like working hard.
Of course when the economic lines cross, i.e. when is it cheaper to buy a robotic floor sweeper vs paying a human... no question!

Forum List

Back