West Virginians are Mad at Manchin

Anyone who goes underground should make $100 per hour. If we want coal then we should pay people to go down there and get it. Some dust still gets thru. This is looking ke Rand Paul telling NYC first responders nope we aren't going to give you any help. Miners should be making big money.

Anyone who goes underground should make $100 per hour. If we want coal then we should pay people to go down there and get it. Some dust still gets thru. This is looking ke Rand Paul telling NYC first responders nope we aren't going to give you any help. Miners should be making big money.

If we want coal then we should pay people to go down there and get it.

You should definitely do that.

West Virginians are Disappointed in Joe Manchin

In mid-October, Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a Democrat, announced he would forgo the prosperity of his constituents and their descendants by refusing to vote for a climate measure billed as the nation’s last-ditch effort to secure a livable future. Read the full article.

That measure is the Clean Electricity Payment Program, or CEPP, a $150 billion plan that would incentivize utilities to switch to clean energy sources like solar, wind, and nuclear and penalize those continuing to burn fossil fuels like coal, oil, and natural gas. Experts say it’s the nation’s best chance to meet the Biden administration’s climate goal of 80 percent clean electricity sources by 2030. The popular program is cited as the pillar for the Build Back Better Agenda—a $3.5 trillion plan to help working families and create green energy. Paid for by a fairer distribution of the tax burden onto corporations and wealthy Americans, the plan could be a historic investment in tackling the climate crisis, if Manchin would vote for it.

“I think the whole state is disappointed in Joe Manchin. Every Democrat I talk to is furious at Manchin, and I mean furious,” says Stewart Acuff, a retired labor organizer with the AFL-CIO who lives in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. “There is simply no rational explanation for what he’s doing on the Build Back Better plan than lining his own pockets.”

Joe Manchin is a coal money man and he wants to line his pockets. It's time W.Va. elected a new senator.
Every Democrat I talk to is furious at Manchin, and I mean furious

I would expect every Democrat to be furious, but I'd like to see a neutral bias poll before I'd say "west Virginia's are disappointed", what about the Republicans? I'm sure they are very happy with what Manchin did.

In mid-October, Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a Democrat, announced he would forgo the prosperity of his constituents and their descendants by refusing to vote for a climate measure billed as the nation’s last-ditch effort to secure a livable future. Read the full article.

That measure is the Clean Electricity Payment Program, or CEPP, a $150 billion plan that would incentivize utilities to switch to clean energy sources like solar, wind, and nuclear and penalize those continuing to burn fossil fuels like coal, oil, and natural gas. Experts say it’s the nation’s best chance to meet the Biden administration’s climate goal of 80 percent clean electricity sources by 2030. The popular program is cited as the pillar for the Build Back Better Agenda—a $3.5 trillion plan to help working families and create green energy. Paid for by a fairer distribution of the tax burden onto corporations and wealthy Americans, the plan could be a historic investment in tackling the climate crisis, if Manchin would vote for it.

“I think the whole state is disappointed in Joe Manchin. Every Democrat I talk to is furious at Manchin, and I mean furious,” says Stewart Acuff, a retired labor organizer with the AFL-CIO who lives in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. “There is simply no rational explanation for what he’s doing on the Build Back Better plan than lining his own pockets.”

Joe Manchin is a coal money man and he wants to line his pockets. It's time W.Va. elected a new senator.
I imagine some are but I would imagine the majority are not.

And while his decision, I feel, is not in the best interest of the nation writ large...he's probably doing what the majority of his constituents want. Much like Sinema.

Again, it's actually good to see some independence in the face of overwhelming party pressure.

What Biden should do is break the bill down into more digestible pieces and see what he can get passed. If the legislation is that good and that important...it will get passed. Thats how it's supposed to work.

"says Stewart Acuff, a retired labor organizer with the AFL-CIO"

Union thugs are not the only people living in WV, moron. Furthermore, many people in the union oppose the Biden agenda of wiping out coal and natural gas.

So is Joe Biden. You are not entitled for people to accept and agree with the facts that lie between your ears. Give up the entitlement.

Pay the miners $100 per hour plus full bennies. Don't need a f fetal bill to do this. If you disagree you are anti worker and anti American.

U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) has an overall job approval rating of 60 percent compared to Biden’s 32 percent.

Joe-Manchin-scaled-e1604708280429-252x300.jpg
U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va. (File)

“Voters want to be listened to. When they feel like you’re listening to them, they will reward that either at the polls or in numbers like this,” Blankenship said. “I think that’s what’s recognized here is that Senator Manchin is listening to the people of West Virginia.”

I can guarantee you that Manchin wins his reelection not giving into this Inflation 2.0 bill.
Manchin is a fixture in West Virginia the same way Susan Collins is a fixture in Maine the Democrats spent nearly $100 million dollars against Collins in the last election and it got them nothing even though Maine is a blue state. Democrats can throw everything imaginable at Manchin.... He's in for as long as he chooses.

U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) has an overall job approval rating of 60 percent compared to Biden’s 32 percent.

Joe-Manchin-scaled-e1604708280429-252x300.jpg
U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va. (File)

“Voters want to be listened to. When they feel like you’re listening to them, they will reward that either at the polls or in numbers like this,” Blankenship said. “I think that’s what’s recognized here is that Senator Manchin is listening to the people of West Virginia.”

You can smell the Chinese money all the way from Beijing pushing the false headlines.

I imagine some are but I would imagine the majority are not.

And while his decision, I feel, is not in the best interest of the nation writ large...he's probably doing what the majority of his constituents want. Much like Sinema.

Again, it's actually good to see some independence in the face of overwhelming party pressure.

What Biden should do is break the bill down into more digestible pieces and see what he can get passed. If the legislation is that good and that important...it will get passed. Thats how it's supposed to work.

Most West Virginians supported the plan. Independence is not voting for what your large donors want.

Biden doesn't have to break anything down considering Manchin and Sinema didn't worry about inflation or debt when they voted for an 8 trillion dollars for the military over the same 10 years.

Manchin is a rich man who doesn't give a damn about anything but his wallet.

So is Joe Biden. You are not entitled for people to accept and agree with the facts that lie between your ears. Give up the entitlement.
Lol! Somebody white talking about a person being entitled. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

In September 2021, it was reported that Manchin, 74, suffered another decline in approval ratings after he rejected Joe Biden's Infrastructure Bill that has been causing strain within the Democratic Party.

It was reported in September that he has a 42 percent approval in West Virginia, along with a 37 percent disapproval rate.

The year prior, Manchin had a 44 percent approval rating with a 44 percent disapproval rating while 12 percent remained unsure, according to a WV MetroNews West Virginia Poll.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The people of the state are mad at him and solyndra was not the only green company. We are looking at making the planet unlivable if you idiots get your way.
No no, im.2. A few of the misguided (and maybe DNC paid-for) people of WV might be annoyed. But the notion that WV isn’t thrilled with Manchin is a fable. And dopes like you fall for that nonsense.

West Virginia Constituents Decry 'Immorality' of Joe Manchin​

"West Virginia has been locked into an economy that forces workers into low-wage jobs with no hope for advancement, and after decades of this our hope is dwindling," said one West Virginian. "The cuts that Sen. Manchin has negotiated into the agenda hurt our state."

West Virginians Ask Joe Manchin: Which Side Are You On?​

The senator’s blockade against programs that have helped his constituents escape poverty makes some question “who matters to Joe.”

I can keep going. Republicans are good at conflating, not so good with facts.

Forum List

Back