We're

I just watched him speak at Disney. I thought he was very funny when he said that he was "looking forward to meeting Mickey, because he is the only leader with bigger ears than me." Naturally, I suspect he did not write the line, but it made me laugh... and I don't care who wrote it, it was funny and he delivered it well.

Oh yay,, a comedian for our leader. great. maybe steven colbert should run,, one of the tv pundits said today "how appropriate.. he gave a speech in fantasyland" I thought that was waaaaaaay funneeeee.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's a lot more to visiting America than just disney.. He is promoting disney.. for a thousand bucks a day you get to stand in line two hours to ride a 30 second ride.. Hell why not tell them about the Grand Canyon, the Sequoia National forest. Denali National Park, or Niagra falls. but disney? sheesh.

Anything he does, you say he should've done something else on everything. That Obama Derangement Syndrome is kicking your ass.

cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

Disney has movies,parks, merchandising, hotels and cruise ships around the globe a little promotion creates global dollars.

I just watched him speak at Disney. I thought he was very funny when he said that he was "looking forward to meeting Mickey, because he is the only leader with bigger ears than me." Naturally, I suspect he did not write the line, but it made me laugh... and I don't care who wrote it, it was funny and he delivered it well.

Oh yay,, a comedian for our leader. great. maybe steven colbert should run,, one of the tv pundits said today "how appropriate.. he gave a speech in fantasyland" I thought that was waaaaaaay funneeeee.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I bet that stick up you butt has a stick up its butt.

You still crying?

Obama's got a lot of catching up to do:

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

The problem is that W. wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in US history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president, but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president.

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights

If cost of the flight was the only expense involved to taxpayers Bush’s vacations would still seem rather economical, but there is more, much more. Unlike the Obama’s $4 million Christmas vacation price tag, which includes the cost of everything from transportation to accommodations for the First Family, the White House staff, and the White House press corps, Bush’s numbers only include the cost of flying the president to Crawford. The cost of transporting and accommodating staff, media, friends and family is not included in Bush’s vacation numbers.

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/07/the-traveling-president/

I quite like politicians to show a little humor.... particularly when they poke fun at themselves. I honestly don't get the outrage on this. But, I tend to lean towards not bullshitting for the sake of political point scoring.

And, yea, if a pundit mocked him with a 'fantasyland' comparison, that's funny too.

Black people have to always look busy or theyll be seen as lazy...Thats why when Bush took all those Vacations people responded "WORKING Vacations!" and then some old stuff about the President NEVER being off. They've since dropped that reasoning.

Black people have to always look busy or theyll be seen as lazy...Thats why when Bush took all those Vacations people responded "WORKING Vacations!" and then some old stuff about the President NEVER being off. They've since dropped that reasoning.

That is such a pathetic response. Seriously. Are you channeling the spirit of truffmocker?

That is such a pathetic response. Seriously. Are you channeling the spirit of truffmocker?

I'm basing that from experience being black...What are you basing yours on? Messageboards?

well we had one before Obama......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A&feature=related]Bush "Fool Me Once..." - YouTube[/ame]

I'm basing that from experience being black...What are you basing yours on? Messageboards?

More on family than on 'messageboards'.

Being black is not an excuse to lie. It's not a 'get out of jail free' card to assert your authority on the subject. You have life experiences that I will not demean, however, what you said is a massive generalization, and frankly, you know better than that. I may not agree with you often, but I do believe you are better than to make sweeping generalizations.

Being black is not an excuse to lie. It's not a 'get out of jail free' card to assert your authority on the subject. You have life experiences that I will not demean, however, what you said is a massive generalization, and frankly, you know better than that. I may not agree with you often, but I do believe you are better than to make sweeping generalizations.

Point out the lie, if you cannot then I accept your apology. It might be a generalization and may not be the case 100% of the time but it is the MAJORITY of cases.

Point out the lie, if you cannot then I accept your apology. It might be a generalization and may not be the case 100% of the time but it is the MAJORITY of cases.

Your comment about 'black people have to appear busy or they are considered lazy'. I don't think that is true - perhaps it's not a 'lie' but it is a remarkably subjective sentence. You may have that opinion, I certainly don't view anyone that way - no matter what their skin color.

I'm not gonna apologize for it, although I will accept I worded it badly. Not a lie, but not a truth either.

Your comment about 'black people have to appear busy or they are considered lazy'. I don't think that is true - perhaps it's not a 'lie' but it is a remarkably subjective sentence. You may have that opinion, I certainly don't view anyone that way - no matter what their skin color.

I'm not gonna apologize for it, although I will accept I worded it badly. Not a lie, but not a truth either.

Many view Obama that way even tho he's taken less Vacation than previous presidents. Coincidence? :doubt:

Many view Obama that way even tho he's taken less Vacation than previous presidents. Coincidence? :doubt:

Hardly!!! The claims of color blindness sound hollow, as if we hadn't grown up in the U.S., too. Who are they trying to fool? Remember, we were still in the room after the last black person left and heard what was said. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back