Were Ashli Babbit's civil rights violated?

Are you talking about how the 5 or 6 armed grads who were standing in front of the door simply walked away without incident right before Babbit was murdered?
What? I am talking about the armed police who were inside the closed doors when the looter broke the glass and tried to force their way in.

Our laws should be applied to everyone equally, if some can break laws and then investigate themselves I believe all then should.

I would prefer outside sources always doing the investigators but a segment of the population isn't interested in that.

I believe in a fair and equal justice system. You seem to have a problem with that.
I take no issue with a internal affairs investigation first, then the chips can fall where they may in the aftermath once the politics get involved.

My issue with some outside the dept investigative entity is who would make it up.....I can see it going badly if liberals or the right leaning made them up.

I take no issue with a internal affairs investigation first, then the chips can fall where they may in the aftermath once the politics get involved.

My issue with some outside the dept investigative entity is who would make it up.....I can see it going badly if liberals or the right leaning made them up.

This isn't going to work everywhere but in large cities we need a diverse group to investigate the police. It can even include an officer.

This isn't going to work everywhere but in large cities we need a diverse group to investigate the police. It can even include an officer.
Perhaps but you are basically looking at a grand jury type of thing and you know what they say about grand juries and ham sandwiches. ;)

Blah, the powers that be don't really give a shit what either of us think.

Perhaps but you are basically looking at a grand jury type of thing and you know what they say about grand juries and ham sandwiches. ;)

They largely do not which is why I also support when people burn things down.

The extreme political ends of both party's are killing our country. When acting like a complete idiot hell bent on getting your way over working together for some much needed balance. & common sense is completely abandoned in the name of winning, its a down hill run to the destruction of all that is good about America,
Yeah....it's the Republican's fault that the Democrats have lost their collective minds.

Here, you had a person openly supporting a group that is ostensibly about seeking redress for the killing of unarmed criminals killing an unarmed women who did FAR less to warrant it than any of the actual criminals he supports.

I'd call it a politically motivated assassination, myself.

On January 6, 2021, rioter Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot while breaching the United States Capitol building-so no is the answer.
An easy 2 sec shout out by that cop, like “first one through gets shot!” would have most likely prevented her death. He gave no verbal warning prior to death shot. Wrong but he had time to do it.

The attackers had plenty of warning, since the police had their guns drawn. Why would they need pepper spray anyway if this was a peaceful protest? This was an unexpected attack and the police, who were grossly outnumbered, were as prepared as possible under the circumstances.
You would favor firepower in the case of BLM "peaceful" protests, yes? What is different about this "love fest"(tump's words)?
1645393513848.png

Since that's the way you feel then it'll be alright to get rid of non-lethal methods and warnings from law enforcement across the nation.

*****SMILE*****

:)

An easy 2 sec shout out by that cop, like “first one through gets shot!” would have most likely prevented her death. He gave no verbal warning prior to death shot. Wrong but he had time to do it.
Why put your life on the line for a known liar?

Why put your life on the line for a known liar?
This is not the first post today that is out there, hey, are you proactively attempting to derail threads today Moonglow? Lol Well, I can’t say much about that as I tend to get off topic as well, but you are pulling a 180 here, deflection would be the apparent game.

They say that because the prosecutor totally controls the information presented to the Grand Jury. I served on one and the prosecutor previewed all of our questions and refused to forward any that he didn’t agree with.

Did the police have X-ray vision?

It's all in the hands. Law-enforcement usually doesn't use deadly force unless someone's holding an object in their hands, or their hands are not visible. You know that.

Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act​

• False arrest
  • Malicious prosecution
  • Excessive use of force
  • Unreasonable use of force
  • False arrest
  • Sexual assault by a police officer

No Use of Verbal Commands​

There are many different examples of excessive use of force. In some instances, police officers will not use any verbal commands on a suspect. Police officers should start with using verbal commands before they resort to using physical force against a suspect. When officers forget or purposely choose not to use verbal communication with a suspect but instead choose to become physical, the victim may have a valid claim of police brutality. Suppose a police officer does not yell at a suspect to put down a weapon before shooting the suspect. In that case, the victim may have a valid case against the police officer for excessive use of force.

Excessive Use of Force​

Unfortunately, excessive use of force claims against police officers are far too common in Philadelphia. Excessive use of force claims garner publicity because they are often outrageous or involve serious injuries or death. These types of claims often involved sexual assault by a police officer, police brutality, or unjustified police shooting against a suspect. Whether the amount of force an officer uses is reasonable depends on the case’s facts and circumstances.

Courts will not look to the police officer’s motivations or intentions. They will focus on whether the police officer used a reasonable amount of force. Even if an officer had good intentions but used unjustifiable and unreasonable force against the victim, the victim can win a case against that police officer.

Comment:
Were Ashli Babbit's civil rights being violated?
The Capital Police did an internal investigation and then cleared themselves.
This is unreasonable.
Can Biden's DOJ be trusted to do an unbiased investigation?
There should be an independent investigation because there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Yes, they were.

How would you and 5 or 6 law enforcement officers, without the use of weapons, prevent an unruly, armed mob from breaking a door down to attack lawmakers when they were told to disappear.
Civil rights, you say? How about the right of police to do their job?
They were not armed......though that is a oft told lie.

No lawmakers were attacked.

The police are sworn to uphold the constitution though it is all too common for them not to do so.

If you pop your head into my house through a window, you will likely get shot.

That is one of the possible outcomes when you break into a place you are not allowed to enter.

Sorry, that is just how it works. I have a right to protect my property. The cops have a duty to do the same with public property. She decided to be part of a mob. She decided that she was going to illegally break into the capitol. She decided to break through a window.

She gets to pay the piper for that bad decision. In the future, do not be part of a violent mob breaking into an occupied government building - you might get shot.
You would fit right in with any totalitarian regime......irregardless................
a Prince George's County-based attorney who specializes in police misconduct and civil rights litigation, says the Babbitt family plans to file a multi-million dollar wrongful death lawsuit against the Capitol Police Department. Roberts, who represented the family of Howard University student Prince Jones after he was killed in 2000 by an undercover Prince George’s County police detective, said to him the shooting is an “obvious case of excessive force.”
“She could have easily been stopped by the officer who shot her or numerous other officers who were around and been arrested, if that's what they wanted to do. There was no need to shoot her,” Roberts said. “Any rookie police officer with a set of handcuffs could have taken her into custody. She's an Air Force veteran. She was actually a military police officer.....this tragedy was the result of intense hatred by the capitol police officer byrd....who was quoted as saying he wanted to shoot some trump supporters.

There were many officers in that room and he was the only one who decided to shoot.

Many,many lies have been told and most of us on here have heard them....the fact remains Ashli Babbit was the only person killed that day.

Forum List

Back