Well, now we have the first indication that Trump fired Comey to impede the "Russia" probe

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Trump Told the Russians That 'Nut Job' Comey's Firing Relieved 'Great Pressure'

Well, it's not as if prudent individuals actually thought Trump did not intend to interdict the investigation into "Russia." Now, however, we know that is precisely the reason he fired him.

The case for Trump obstructing justice just got easier to make and prove.

I suspect the foreign leaders with whom Trump will meet over the next nine days will not likely collaborate on much of anything for it's become more likely that he won't long be the POTUS.

Last edited:

Well, it's not as if prudent individuals actually thought Trump did not intend to interdict the investigation into "Russia." Now, however, we know that is precisely the reason he fired him.

Comey is a nut job! He hides behind curtains, the guy has screws loose.

The world and country has more respect for Comey than the lunatic running this asylum.

He's gonna be real mad at whoever leaked that one.

The world and country has more respect for Comey than the lunatic running this asylum.
Sure they do. Democrats were calling him incompetent and wanted him fired months ago. Make up your minds.

Whether that's so really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. That is not what Trump said that gives the all-important "intent lever" to the obstruction of justice case against Trump.

Sure they do. Democrats were calling him incompetent and wanted him fired months ago. Make up your minds.
Tensions boil up between Democrats and FBI director

He's gonna be real mad at whoever leaked that one.
Well be that as it may, he'd be right to be even angrier at himself for having said it. Uttering that was a total braggadocious novice's remark...that or he truly is not mentally fit to hold office. Indeed, a dementia defense may be all that keeps Trump out of jail.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but if Trump was innocent, there would be no pressure.

That's just my opinion, though.

You know, Xelor, we should not be getting the transcripts of these conversations. I know it's entertaining and all, but it could go to the investigating committees behind closed doors and still be helpful in determining Trump's role without laying bare every damned utterance the man makes to a foreign official. At some point, foreign officials are going to start shunning the WH and even having conversations with Trump, just because of the blabbing we've got going on over here.
I know people want to get Trump. Let the investigators get him. This to me is unseemly.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but if Trump was innocent, there would be no pressure.

Yes, you're wrong about that. Political pressure doesn't necessarily have anything to do with one's having done something right or wrong. Legal pressure does to an extent; however, one can pretty well cooperate with a legal inquiry if one has done nothing wrong, but the pressure, aka risk that one must nonetheless in court defend one's innocence, is still there until the inquiry is completed and one is not charged with a crime. The pressure Trump faces (faced) was both legal and political, and for POTUSes, one overlaps with and begets the other.

Is it my imagination or was every Liberal in the country and perhaps the planet calling for Comey's resignation during the election? LOL You can't make this stuff up!

You know, Xelor, we should not be getting the transcripts of these conversations. I know it's entertaining and all, but it could go to the investigating committees behind closed doors and still be helpful in determining Trump's role without laying bare every damned utterance the man makes to a foreign official. At some point, foreign officials are going to start shunning the WH and even having conversations with Trump, just because of the blabbing we've got going on over here.
I know people want to get Trump. Let the investigators get him. This to me is unseemly.
At some point, foreign officials are going to start shunning the WH

I suspect we may well already be at that point. The only question in my mind is whether foreign officials and leaders openly attest to being of that mind or whether they take a more subtle approach to doing so.

I suspect too that bookmakers are taking wagers on which past president's term in office Trump will surpass..

I suspect the foreign leaders with whom Trump will meet over the next nine days will not likely collaborate on much of anything for it's become more likely that he won't long the POTUS.

I suspect the foreign leaders with whom Trump will meet will be less likely to talk candidly about world problems because the American media is eager to report damning information about them, regardless of its veracity.

You, apparently, find this beneficial...to whom?

Yes, you're wrong about that. Political pressure doesn't necessarily have anything to do with one's having done something right or wrong. Legal pressure does to an extent; however, one can pretty well cooperate with a legal inquiry if one has done nothing wrong, but the pressure, aka risk that one must nonetheless in court defend one's innocence, is still there until the inquiry is completed and one is not charged with a crime. The pressure Trump faces (faced) was both legal and political, and for POTUSes, one overlaps with and begets the other.

I fail to see how firing Comey took any pressure off of anything. If anything, it did the opposite of that. I know if I was in that situation, I'd feel no pressure and would fully comply without acting suspicious and defensive.

At some point, foreign officials are going to start shunning the WH

I suspect we may well already be at that point. The only question in my mind is whether foreign officials and leaders openly attest to being of that mind or whether they take a more subtle approach to doing so.

I suspect too that bookmakers are taking wagers on which past president's term in office Trump will surpass..
LOL. If you "suspect" that, I'm sure it's true.

As we get deeper into this feeding frenzy, the taste and smell of blood is growing stronger every day, will someone please pull their head up long enough to remember that this is our country we are talking about and he is our President and we can't snap our fingers and make him be gone. So what we attack him on should be well thought out and worth the humiliation it brings on all of us.

It's worth noting that under D.C. law, the mere attempt to obstruct justice -- no matter whether one successfully does so -- is a criminal act. Just trying to do it is enough.

Your tears were delicious on election night

They will be even more delicious when Trump skates on this Muh Russians investigation

Forum List

Back