Well done Jacinda NZ beats the virus

One world leader who is getting it right. I wish she could come over to the UK and take over our response.

Joint, bipartisan leadership and putting the people of the country first, ahead of political gamesmanship and ego stroking.

What a novel concept.
..yes-- I agree---the left/Dems have been not only wasting time and $$$, but they are also dividing the country ..they are not thinking of country first--but thinking of the 2016 election whining

You didn't agree with anything that I stated. If so, I would delete what I said immediately, because that would be embarrassing.

Both parties are trying to win an election.

Besides, there is not a democratic president in office, nor is the senate controlled by democrats. There are failures in both parties, on both sides.

Except New Zealand had a higher proportion of international travel to their island per population than the USA.

And international travel is how this virus spread.

They just have a more intelligent culture and leaders than the USA.

There is no other conclusion and intelligent person could make.
''per population''' hahahhahahahah--that means 60 TIMES less
Maybe trump could give her a call and get some tips ? Perhaps before he gets to 100k dead Americans.
No one has beat the virus. There will be more peaks everywhere as things open up again. Mitigation was only about not overwhelming medical resources, not eradication which is impossible at this point. The virus will run its course throughout the entire globe forcing herd immunity despite the mitigation efforts. There is no " cure" for any coronavirus and the world is going to have to learn to live with this pathogen.

I never said they have beat the virus, places like Australia and New Zealand just have a much better containment of infection rates and death rates than the USA.

And might I add at much less economic damage too, Australia's unemployment rate is half the USA.

Mitigation works, our health facilities are operating at normal, our populations calm so domestic economic activity is not hit as hard in places like the USA where there is panic, food lines and protests.

This allows for a rational opening up of economic activity, slowly but carefully.

As for having to let it sweep the globe, perhaps, perhaps not if we get a vaccine within the year or early next, but those nations with normally functioning medical centres, a government that knows how to impose restrictions in a rational way, and perhaps reimpose them, citizens who are civilised about such and think of the common good will see far less death, social chaos disruption.

And might I add less economic damage too,

Last edited:
Why is it so difficult to give this girl credit ? This is a glimpse of what the US and the UK could have been under effective leadership.

Why is it so difficult to give this girl credit ? This is a glimpse of what the US and the UK could have been under effective leadership.

First, she's not a "girl". Second, and to answer your question, giving Ardern credit shines a bright light on their Dear Leader's monument to incompetence, blame-shifting, narcissistic self-congratulation, anti-science crackpottery along with fanning the flames of resentment. The Dear Leader doesn't suffer this lightly - hence the irate spluttering apoplexy on the Dear Leader's behalf.

I was over there in Jan. on business. She's got an election coming up in Sept. if I remember right. It's 50/50 whether they dump the c*nt. Half the country detests her.

I was over there in Jan. on business. She's got an election coming up in Sept. if I remember right. It's 50/50 whether they dump the c*nt. Half the country detests her.

As of May 01 "Labour party has 55% approval, and prime minister’s personal rating is 65%"

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
From your "link":

"The poll, which was conducted by UMR and leaked to the New Zealand Herald..."
"....but Labour paid UMR...."

Why does a poll have to be leaked? And why is it paid for by one of the invested parties?

It looks like fake news bullshit. I stand by what I say. She ain't that well liked.

Let's not pretend.... there should have been ZERO Kung Flu deaths on what is the equivalent of Gilligan's Island.

From your "link":

"The poll, which was conducted by UMR and leaked to the New Zealand Herald..."
"....but Labour paid UMR...."

Why does a poll have to be leaked? And why is it paid for by one of the invested parties?

It looks like fake news bullshit. I stand by what I say. She ain't that well liked.

Now I understand the mindset who believes anything they do not want to believe is fake, like gravity or vaccines or science, I get that mindset.

No amount of evidence can ever enter the dark core of such a mind who only lives in their own opinions.

You probably will not even be convinced when she actually wins the election, which she will.

Jacinda Arden is a POS and gun graber, a globlalist and a Rotten Clinton admirer, selling New Zealand to the big tech tyrants...............who does she think she is? She does not own New Zealand! what a tyranical witch!

New Zealand is a small island that's why the China virus didn't spread!

Please.... all of New Zealanders Patriots over there.... please vote this scum out!

Jacinda Arden is a POS and gun graber, a globlalist and a Rotten Clinton admirer, selling New Zealand to the big tech tyrants...............who does she think she is? She does not own New Zealand! what a tyranical witch!

Please.... all of New Zealanders Patriots over there.... please vote this scum out!

Most Kiwis are just not obsessed with waving guns around like little boys playing cowboy and Indians, killing each other like Americans are, or pretending the virus pandemic is jut the flu so dropping like flies like Americans.

By the way, all countries infected heavily had the initial wave come in from overseas travellers, that is how pandemics work, then it starts to spread through community transmission if border controls and domestic restrictions are not put up quick enough and done in a rational national manner. New Zealand has more foreign travellers entering per year per population than the US, but she contained the infection rates and stopped community transmission through intelligent and quick leadership.

Where as you were stuck with Trump and so suffer the horrendous consequences and death.

Most Kiwis are just not obsessed with waving guns around like little boys playing cowboy and Indians

Let's not discuss with what they ARE obsessed.

Funny-Sheep-Facts-1200x800.jpg

Poor old Skye. the dumbest rock on this little planet. New Zealand is actually two main islands and some other little bits. And we already have the reason they have been saved. Strong and effective leadership.
This is why the clown posse hates Jacinda. Her achievements contrast starkly with the dribbling idiot who guides your affairs.

Poor old Skye. the dumbest rock on this little planet. New Zealand is actually two main islands and some other little bits. And we already have the reason they have been saved. Strong and effective leadership.
This is why the clown posse hates Jacinda. Her achievements contrast starkly with the dribbling idiot who guides your affairs.

I didn't even know she was a doctor. Amazing stuff faith healing...

97137fc31c22e2df2d286b9f68d9-should-parents-be-punished-for-faith-healing.jpg

I didn't even know she was a doctor. Amazing stuff faith healing...

View attachment 332622
She cant be a Doctor, she has never prescribed bleach and sunshine.

I guess that is pretty easy to do when your entire country is only two small islands out in the middle of the ocean with just slightly more people living in the whole country than just the one US city of Los Angeles to contend with!
Yet it's been done. Neither the US nor the UK would have had enough self discipline to to it, nor the political will.

the New Zealand Island thread is AIR TIGHT, baby
As though neither the US nor the UK could not seal off their ports and airports. There is no evidence I'm aware of where the virus has entered the US through its northern or southern borders or entered the UK from people swimming the channel. They just chose not to make that sacrifice, rather to trade citizens' lives for their economies. Now they're going to lose both.

Forum List

Back