Welfare

See, a person who expects people to provide for them because they don't want to work, and who won't work because he doesn't *like* the available jobs...yet isn't willing to move...that person isn't going to be a great worker. They are going to always be blaming other people when things go wrong and they aren't going to be able to accept responsibility in any meaningful way.

They're trouble in the workplace.

"Are you willing to pay for them to move to China where our jobs are?"

"India too, and Mexico."

If not for the greedy unions, those jobs would still be in America.

Yup.

And there are still jobs here, if you can bring yourself to move to N. Dakota, or Wyoming, or Alaska.
People who are self sufficient are self sufficient. They find work.

People who don't are typically losers who are limiting themselves.

That isn't to say a person can't be out of work for a chunk of time...but the difference between losers and workers is that a person who is out of work for a chunk of time doesn't give up, and ups the ante after a certain period of time. If you don't get a job within x number of months, then you look at a different field, a different locale, a different type of job.

If the unions don't get you, the regulations will.

Is Overregulation Driving U.S. Companies Offshore? - NYTimes.com

As my colleague Richard A. Oppel Jr. reported on Thursday, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is arguing that companies are sending work abroad primarily because of overregulation in the United States, and not because labor is cheaper abroad.

“They did not leave to begin with just because they could find cheap labor somewhere,” said Mr. Perry, who is running for the Republican presidential nomination. “That may have been part of a formula, but it is not the reason they left. I would suggest to you they left because they were overregulated, and the cost of that regulation and the tax structure that we have in place in this country is what drove the masses away.”

I'm also a person who hires...and likewise, if you haven't worked (unless there's a really good reason) I typically will pass over you.

People who haven't worked, usually don't want to.

Define, 'good reason.'

Now if you've been married and raising kids, or you had to quit 5 years ago because you had cancer and you just got a clean bill of health, those things I will consider.

But just a loser who hasn't worked for no reason for a year, and has no solid work history?

Forget it.

And what financial incentive do you have to turn over someone who hasn't worked in over a year?

"Are you willing to pay for them to move to China where our jobs are?"

"India too, and Mexico."

If not for the greedy unions, those jobs would still be in America.

Yup.

And there are still jobs here, if you can bring yourself to move to N. Dakota, or Wyoming, or Alaska.
People who are self sufficient are self sufficient. They find work.

People who don't are typically losers who are limiting themselves.

That isn't to say a person can't be out of work for a chunk of time...but the difference between losers and workers is that a person who is out of work for a chunk of time doesn't give up, and ups the ante after a certain period of time. If you don't get a job within x number of months, then you look at a different field, a different locale, a different type of job.

If the unions don't get you, the regulations will.

Is Overregulation Driving U.S. Companies Offshore? - NYTimes.com

As my colleague Richard A. Oppel Jr. reported on Thursday, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is arguing that companies are sending work abroad primarily because of overregulation in the United States, and not because labor is cheaper abroad.

“They did not leave to begin with just because they could find cheap labor somewhere,” said Mr. Perry, who is running for the Republican presidential nomination. “That may have been part of a formula, but it is not the reason they left. I would suggest to you they left because they were overregulated, and the cost of that regulation and the tax structure that we have in place in this country is what drove the masses away.”

Exactly!

We punish them for working in the US...of COURSE they're going to go where they can function without constant fed meddling.

it is a issue, because I throw resumes in the garbage can that didnt work for over a year. because I know the jobs were out there in the past 10 years and I am not the only one. because I took the low paying jobs...... like septic tank digger, residental electrician, carpenter helper, plumber, taxi cab driver, the job sucked but kept working. And now back to just to being a industrial maintenace guy/ maintenace manager of a small plastic company.

You're speaking from your personal preference as an employer, I presume. Many other employers don't share your mindset. I guess they're just slightly more money hungry than you are.

There are plenty of people who have been unemployed for longer than 6 months and up to a year. Of course, why hire people who are fresh on the unemployment line when the Government is going to pay you not to?

well of course, I hire skill maintenace guys, but we cant pay them worth a shit. were a small company, but like I said what got me in the door the most when I kept on moving state to state and did what ever I could to make a buck at 47 years old, [and they knew I wanst going to stay]. but knew I had work etheic [spl?] I wouldnt call in sick and tell them when I had a new job. they helped me and I helped them [I would like to think, a few boss's told me they got touched by an angel when I worked for them] guess I am bragging but yup I am that good in my attitude when it comes to work.

well of course, I hire skill maintenace guys, but we cant pay them worth a shit. were a small company, but like I said what got me in the door the most when I kept on moving state to state and did what ever I could to make a buck at 47 years old, [and they knew I wanst going to stay]. but knew I had work etheic [spl?] I wouldnt call in sick and tell them when I had a new job. they helped me and I helped them [I would like to think, a few boss's told me they got touched by an angel when I worked for them] guess I am bragging but yup I am that good in my attitude when it comes to work.

That's good. So if the Government offered you the same salary you are making now NOT to work, you wouldn't consider taking it?

Forum List

Back