Weekend spending is going to cause a long term recession, well actually already started..

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This weekend...just the grocery store, butcher store and gas for one of our cars.... $391 - GONE.
Nothing special. Just regular stuff. Didn't even particularly need a lot this week.
$391!!!
FFS.
I honestly do not know how lower middle class is surviving right now. It is just the two of us. Kids grown and have their own kids.
What about families with a couple kids, but don't have great jobs??
How the hell are they surviving right now, let alone buy anything other than essentials??

It's going to get much worse before it gets better. Our 'leaders' won't even admit to what's going on in this country; they refuse to say they have driven the economy into a recession.

It's going to get much worse before it gets better. Our 'leaders' won't even admit to what's going on in this country; they refuse to say they have driven the economy into a recession.
I totally agree.

And it isn't one leader or the other, or one party or the other. But media on both sides, and politicians on both sides, want to deflect blame everywhere but where it belongs.

It started with Trump, but Biden magnified the problem.

Some of the money that the government pumped into the economy, we could argue, was critically necessary, like the gargantuan amounts of money that the government spent on paying for money to pay for COVID vaccines for everyone, and then boosters. Clearly, these were necessary for high risk groups.

OTH? As they have proven to be not very safe, or very effective for folks that have very little to worry about, if they are not in a high risk group from COVID, should Big Pharma continue to get huge subsidies from the government?

Obviously that aid to Ukraine, was likewise, ill timed. The government, and the media, has done very little to make an honest case, as to how this in the vital national interest of the average American, versus being able to pay for food, gas, and healthcare.

The insanity of all our leaders, it almost seems to me, they are trying to purposely destroy the national economy at this point.

It used to be, nearly everyone knew, it was an axiomatic formula, the more the government spends, the more inflation we got.

6k6x71.jpg

Message to young couples....don't have kids. This is going to happen over and over and over again. Work save, no fun spending. Done.

Last year Biden was bragging about the $0.16 savings in our 4th of July cookouts...

Something tells me he won't be bragging about this year's costs...

The insanity of all our leaders, it almost seems to me, they are trying to purposely destroy the national economy at this point.
^^^That!!! They KNOW what they are doing. It all comes down to control.

Both Pfizer and Moderna made over $30 billion each, with a totally useless product.

Covid lockdowns cost us $10 trillion, and just prevented the epidemic from being able to end with herd immunity.

Then we wasted $2 trillion on weapons to the Ukraine that will only result in 10 times as many Ukrainians being killed as compared to if they negotiated right away instead.

The fed interest rate increase can only greatly increase inflation, because this is NOT inflation from too much demand, but from too little essential products. Increasing interest rates make production more difficult, so decreases supply, and increases inflation.

This weekend...just the grocery store, butcher store and gas for one of our cars.... $391 - GONE.
Nothing special. Just regular stuff. Didn't even particularly need a lot this week.
$391!!!
FFS.
I honestly do not know how lower middle class is surviving right now. It is just the two of us. Kids grown and have their own kids.
What about families with a couple kids, but don't have great jobs??
How the hell are they surviving right now, let alone buy anything other than essentials??
Swamp creatures are in full attack mode to destroy the middle class.

Forum List

Back