Zone1 Weapons of Whiteness’: Minneapolis Racial-Equity Leader Accuses Black Council Members of Anti-Black Discrimination

LibertyKid

Platinum Member
May 26, 2021
When you don't get you're way, twice now, you might as well turn on your own.

I'll start off with this statement from the article: "The memo, published online by the Star Tribune, even includes a diagram outlining the typical pattern of “The ‘Problem’ Woman of Colour in the Workplace,” which starts with “white leadership” making a “tokenized hire,”

The token hire she speaks of is due to the attempts to bring diversity into various job sectors, whether public or private.
Had the City of Minneapolis hired a non-black for this role, the city leaders would have been labeled racist. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Also in the article:
"Green also accuses black city council members Latrisha Vetaw and Andrea Jenkins, the council president, of lying about her and engaging in antiblack racism against her. “Blacks can utilize Antiblackness and racism against other Blacks,” she wrote, accusing Vetaw and Jenkins of creating “an unsafe and unhealthy work environment for Black people.”

So I had to read the actual piece that Green wrote to find details of these alleged racist acts against her by fellow Black council members. Here is a section:
"Blacks can utilize Antiblackness and racism against other Blacks. During our Metamorphosis kickoff meeting, CP (Council President) Jenkins, while expressing the importance of the antiracism training, informed the department heads in the room that she is antiblack, homophobic,and transphobic. Those of us who working antiracism and are experts in our field know this to be accurate, as do scholars at Boston University." (I'm not sure what Boston University has to do with anything in the above statement from Green)

What?? Council President Andrea Jenkins is a Black African American Trans-Woman!! I reread that section multiple times to make sure I understood what I was reading. Yes, Tyeastia Green is stating that the Council President who is a trans-woman, and black, that she is herself, transphobic and anti-black. You can't make this up. Seriously. This is low, extremely low. All you have to do is Google Andrea Jenkins and you will see her social media and her credentials that absolutely show her being an advocate for the Black Community and the LGBTQ community. Yet Green, in her spite, will tear down her own advocates. What is written by Green, is almost libel IMO.

Get a load of what the Minneapolis council presbo looks like. Is Minneapolis dosing their water supply with acid?
Andrea-Jenkins-03.jpg

This is a photo of the President of the Board of Commissioners in my city.

Note how he looks normal.

Document

When you don't get you're way, twice now, you might as well turn on your own.

I'll start off with this statement from the article: "The memo, published online by the Star Tribune, even includes a diagram outlining the typical pattern of “The ‘Problem’ Woman of Colour in the Workplace,” which starts with “white leadership” making a “tokenized hire,”

The token hire she speaks of is due to the attempts to bring diversity into various job sectors, whether public or private.
Had the City of Minneapolis hired a non-black for this role, the city leaders would have been labeled racist. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Also in the article:
"Green also accuses black city council members Latrisha Vetaw and Andrea Jenkins, the council president, of lying about her and engaging in antiblack racism against her. “Blacks can utilize Antiblackness and racism against other Blacks,” she wrote, accusing Vetaw and Jenkins of creating “an unsafe and unhealthy work environment for Black people.”

So I had to read the actual piece that Green wrote to find details of these alleged racist acts against her by fellow Black council members. Here is a section:
"Blacks can utilize Antiblackness and racism against other Blacks. During our Metamorphosis kickoff meeting, CP (Council President) Jenkins, while expressing the importance of the antiracism training, informed the department heads in the room that she is antiblack, homophobic,and transphobic. Those of us who working antiracism and are experts in our field know this to be accurate, as do scholars at Boston University." (I'm not sure what Boston University has to do with anything in the above statement from Green)

What?? Council President Andrea Jenkins is a Black African American Trans-Woman!! I reread that section multiple times to make sure I understood what I was reading. Yes, Tyeastia Green is stating that the Council President who is a trans-woman, and black, that she is herself, transphobic and anti-black. You can't make this up. Seriously. This is low, extremely low. All you have to do is Google Andrea Jenkins and you will see her social media and her credentials that absolutely show her being an advocate for the Black Community and the LGBTQ community. Yet Green, in her spite, will tear down her own advocates. What is written by Green, is almost libel IMO.

What happens with the token hires, is once hired many start asking for accommodations no one else needs to do their job, and when they don't get what they want or are reprimanded for not doing their job they cry racism.

Let's not devolve the conversation into shaming the Council President. Rather, focus on the fact that Green stated that the council president is Transphobic and anti-black while being trans and black. I would love to see if Andrea Jenkins fires back against what Green said about her, and also if the other black female council woman fires back at her.

Forum List

Back