"We try to stay away from news" the guy said

I went into a sports-bar-restaurant some time ago and they had TVs galore, but it was all on sports!

I don't like sports. I mean, if Trump were president and deep state didn't exist anymore... Sure, maybe on Sundays I would watch a game of football which I did when very young. But the world is in a hell of a mess and I want to know just how messed up it is..

So anyhow, I asked this waiter or whatever he was.. if I could watch Fox News.. Oh, wait.. I didn't mention Fox, I just asked if i could watch news on one of the TVs while I ate.

And he said exactly that, "We try to stay away from news."

Yeh, him and everyone else these days. And this is why our country is going the way of the Roman Empire... debauchery and lack of morals and lack of education are ruining us. Our minds are turning to mush with all the sports and entertainment and lack of information.

It's really disgusting. Then we wonder why people on the street who are asked by Fox's Jesse Watters or someone who works for him "Who was president during the civil war?" we get answers like

"Washington..?"

:uhoh3:
If I went to a sports bar or diner and they had Fox News or any other news channel on, I would be irritated. I am a political junkee but I don't live, breathe, focus on politics 24/7. There is a lot more to life. Likewise, if I went to a news channel to catch up on what's happening in the world and they had a football game on, I would be irritated.

If I went to a sports bar or diner and they had Fox News or any other news channel on, I would be irritated. I am a political junkee but I don't live, breathe, focus on politics 24/7. There is a lot more to life. Likewise, if I went to a news channel to catch up on what's happening in the world and they had a football game on, I would be irritated.
I don't get it. If the station is on news but you're not in the mood for news, why not just sit somewhere else or ignore the TV?

I don't get it. If the station is on news but you're not in the mood for news, why not just sit somewhere else or ignore the TV?
As opposed to walking into a sports bar/restaurant with only sports on the TV and only complaining (and not going somewhere else) that they won't put news on??

I couldn't have set this up any better if I tried. :auiqs.jpg:

ok, whatever... it was just a question in my mind.. didn't think you would be offended by it
Understood. And I wasn't offended. Just annoyed when people deliberately read something I didn't say into my posts usually childishly trying to provoke a food fight. I try very hard to never take that bait.

But you usually are a straight shooter and don't engage in that kind of thing so I accept that wasn't your intent.

WAIT!! WHAT?! A SPORTS BAR that put SPORTS on its TELEVISIONS?!

OH THE HUMANITY!! SAY T AIN'T SO!!

Moron...
Not only does make a complaining OP about news not being shown in a sports bar, but it takes him exactly 23 posts to reverse himself and advise someone who didn't want to listen to news to go somewhere else..you cannot make this shit up. :auiqs.jpg:

Understood. And I wasn't offended. Just annoyed when people deliberately read something I didn't say into my posts usually childishly trying to provoke a food fight. I try very hard to never take that bait.

But you usually are a straight shooter and don't engage in that kind of thing so I accept that wasn't your intent.
well, frankly, I just wish everyone here would be more clear about what they ARE saying so people will not "read into it" what is not supposed to be read into it...just saying. I've noticed on the board tht people say really odd, confusing things and then get ticked off whne someone doesn't understand wht they're saying...

I should probably contact Trump

and ask him for the $$$ to start this kind of thing.

The thing is, all these damn restaurants and other joints that have TV... it's always on the lamestream media channels!

Everyday people, esp those who work hard to support their families, may not have a lot of time to watch news, so if it's on while they are out to dinner, maybe they will learn something of what is going on in the world.

But there seems to be some kind of conspiracy afoot to keep everyday people totally IGNORANT

well, frankly, I just wish everyone here would be more clear about what they ARE saying so people will not "read into it" what is not supposed to be read into it...just saying. I've noticed on the board tht people say really odd, confusing things and then get ticked off whne someone doesn't understand wht they're saying...
If I don't understand what somebody is saying, and I am sufficiently interested, I ask for clarification. Some members are deliberately obscure however because they can't make a coherent argument and I gave up trying to engage those.

I am as guilty as the next person of occasionally including some confusing syntax or omitting an intended qualifier--I do a LOT of editing of my posts for that very reason. I do miss one now and then and I appreciate those who call it to my attention or ask my intentions before jumping to very wrong conclusions.

Mostly though, the dishonest left cherry picks phrases out of context or selectively edit posts to create their own justification for attacking me or somebody else. Or they insert something unrelated as their 'evidence' for attacking. It is very hard for me to respect anybody that dishonest.

But the world is in a hell of a mess and I want to know just how messed up it is.

The world has always been in a hell of a mess.

You don't have to watch a bunch of talking heads over dramatizing that fact to know that.

The trick is... keep that area of the world that is under your control, no matter how small, as tidy as possible and ignore the rest

The rest of the world won't be any more messed up if you enjoy a game or two on TV.

The world has always been in a hell of a mess.

You don't have to watch a bunch of talking heads over dramatizing that fact to know that.

The trick is... keep that area of the world that is under your control, no matter how small, as tidy as possible and ignore the rest

The rest of the world won't be any more messed up if you enjoy a game or two on TV.
You would not do well in my News cafe

just sayin...

I'm thinking we could have this box with a hole in the top and people could put their opinions in it and then someone would read those comments at a certain time, and they would be anonymous so no one would have to know who said what...

Fights may break out otherwise, I think... you know... like if some lib managed to sneak in

LOL

If I don't understand what somebody is saying, and I am sufficiently interested, I ask for clarification. Some members are deliberately obscure however because they can't make a coherent argument and I gave up trying to engage those.

I am as guilty as the next person of occasionally including some confusing syntax or omitting an intended qualifier--I do a LOT of editing of my posts for that very reason. I do miss one now and then and I appreciate those who call it to my attention or ask my intentions before jumping to very wrong conclusions.

Mostly though, the dishonest left cherry picks phrases out of context or selectively edit posts to create their own justification for attacking me or somebody else. Or they insert something unrelated as their 'evidence' for attacking. It is very hard for me to respect anybody that dishonest.
which is why I don't even bother reading most lib comments or threads.

You would not do well in my News cafe

just sayin...

I'm thinking we could have this box with a hole in the top and people could put their opinions in it and then someone would read those comments at a certain time, and they would be anonymous so no one would have to know who said what...

Fights may break out otherwise, I think... you know... like if some lib managed to sneak in

LOL

Opinions, even those of self-proclaimed experts, are like rectum. Everyone has them and they all drink.

The only reason I read people's opinions here is to reinforce my already established feeling of superiority.

I would hope no lib would creep into my joint

But if so, he'd best be on his best behavior

or it would be like what DeSantis had to deal with

"tackled by security" LOL

I went into a sports-bar-restaurant some time ago and they had TVs galore, but it was all on sports!

I don't like sports. I mean, if Trump were president and deep state didn't exist anymore... Sure, maybe on Sundays I would watch a game of football which I did when very young. But the world is in a hell of a mess and I want to know just how messed up it is..

So anyhow, I asked this waiter or whatever he was.. if I could watch Fox News.. Oh, wait.. I didn't mention Fox, I just asked if i could watch news on one of the TVs while I ate.

And he said exactly that, "We try to stay away from news."

Yeh, him and everyone else these days. And this is why our country is going the way of the Roman Empire... debauchery and lack of morals and lack of education are ruining us. Our minds are turning to mush with all the sports and entertainment and lack of information.

It's really disgusting. Then we wonder why people on the street who are asked by Fox's Jesse Watters or someone who works for him "Who was president during the civil war?" we get answers like

"Washington..?"

:uhoh3:
That is not the TV's fault, that is the fault of our failed education system.
Kids who are failing, don't fail anymore. They just keep shoving them on.
Especially in inner city schools, where there are kids in HIGH SCHOOL that can barely read.
In some areas over 30% of students are functionally illiterate.

That is not the TV's fault, that is the fault of our failed education system.
Kids who are failing, don't fail anymore. They just keep shoving them on.
Especially in inner city schools, where there are kids in HIGH SCHOOL that can barely read.
In some areas over 30% of students are functionally illiterate.
I've heard that kind of statistic, although I've never met someone who does not know how to read and write at least a 4th grade level.. not that I've been polling folks or anything..

Years ago, I noticed that many fast food restaurants, some not so fast, had TVs and if you asked for news, they would allow you to change the station! Not so anymore

And it all seemed to end all at once... But when you mention the C word (conspiracy) everyone just rolls their eyes and moves on

Right... Why does the word Conspiracy exist if all anyone ever thinks about the word is: it never happens.

Also see: the briben story of 20 shell companies, taxes not paid on income and etc..... etc... I say to those who don't believe in conspiracies..

Forum List

Back