We righties need to be prepared for a Trump loss

With the exception of N95 mask which have been professionally fitted, masks provide protection for others but very limited protection for the wearer. We knew that last March. The only way to stop or slow down an airborne epidemic without a vaccine is by putting a barrier between the carrier and others. Masks, distancing, and quarantining work well in slowing down transmission. Countries that follow the guidelines have done well. Those that haven't have done poorer.

In March there was a picture of Trump wearing a masks. However, after Redfield said they protected others not the wearer, we rarely saw Trump in a mask. I guess he though if didn't protect me, it was worthless. So many of our problems we face such as, coronavirus, poverty, homelessness, global warming, etc are due to a lack of social conciseness.

Trump and people around him are tested constantly. That's why he doesn't wear a mask. When he went to visit the VA hospital where strangers were around, he wore a mask.

We did all the things you've mentioned. I did it today. However in a free country with a Constitution, government cannot force you to act against your own will. So there will be plenty of people who don't believe in wearing a mask, consider themselves low risk due to age, or think a lot of this is BS based on the many stories out there of fudging the virus numbers.

On the other hand you see people walking or riding a bike, all alone with nobody around wearing a mask. Or they're in their car alone wearing a mask.

Look how dangerous illegal narcotics are. Do laws stop them from using these drugs? Hasn't it been amplified how dangerous they are? People still take the stupid drugs. Last year we lost over 70,000 Americans from ODs.
You don't get. Trump should be wearing a mask to set an example. They wouldn't let him in hospital without wearing mask.

No, the government can force you to act against your will and it has done so. The idea that the constitution gives you the freedom to violate healthcare orders in an epidemic is nonsense. However this idea is why many thousands in this country have died. Personal freedoms have to be curtailed when not doing so threatens the lives of millions of people.

People die from the use of illegal drugs because they made a bad choice. Many people die of Covid-19, not because they made a bad choice but because others did. To me, that is one of the saddest thing about epidemics. You can do all right things and become sick because others don't.
No.

You can believe what you want but you try to force that on others and you're going to get shot.
Oh, bullshit.
People are forced to do things they don't want to do everyday because some local, state, or federal regulation or law compels them to do so. In healthcare emergencies or state disasters state laws give governors all kinds of extraordinary powers to save lives.
I'm not forced to do anything I don't want to.

I'm right here, doing my thing...... come and stop me.
(But we both know you won't, don't we? You will simply fume and try to get some proxy like LE to come after me and force me to bow to your will. And I will tell them to fuck off and laugh at how weak and pathetic your behavior is.)
that is how fascist do it

Oh, bullshit.
People are forced to do things they don't want to do everyday because some local, state, or federal regulation or law compels them to do so. In healthcare emergencies or state disasters state laws give governors all kinds of extraordinary powers to save lives.

Yes they do, provided they don't violate anybody's constitutional rights.
As you know constitution rights are not absolute. They depend on the situation. You have a right to free speech but that doesn't mean you can scream fire in a crowded auditorium. The same holds in state and national emergencies.

As you know constitution rights are not absolute. They depend on the situation. You have a right to free speech but that doesn't mean you can scream fire in a crowded auditorium. The same holds in state and national emergencies.

Correct, but in such cases that is decided by the courts, not the President or Governor. If they ignore the rights of the citizen, they can be sued for a violation of those rights.

Not saying its gonna happen BUT as we all know you are wise to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Personally I think a Biden administration would be an economic disaster and truth be told that is virtually all I care about, hence my Trump vote.
Having said that I am not so narrow minded as to assume that others think like me. Anything can happen and the wise person does their best to prepare for it.
I hope to God we don't see any unhinged responses from the right like we did from the left when Hillary lost.

Keep your composure if the worst happens and for God's sake don't come on here......

Are you in the habit of thinking like a loser?

Correct, but in such cases that is decided by the courts, not the President or Governor. If they ignore the rights of the citizen, they can be sued for a violation of those rights.
Wake up boys. You’re debating something that died long ago. It’s not constructive.

How can you call yourself a Trump supporter? Wearing a mask that doesn't protect you, sanitizing, and washing hands your hands is for pussies. I'll bet you even follow your mayor and your governor's guidelines. You know you're going to lose your Red Trump hat if you keep this up.

BTW You don't need antibacterial soap. Washing with any hand soap for 20 secs does the deed. The 20 seconds is important.

Simply making the point that I do all these things while at the same time, reject the notion it should be mandated by government. Another point that shoots down your (and every other liberal) argument is that we Trump supporters do as he says and march in lockstep, and that's why Trump is responsible for all these cases and deaths. We are not liberals. We think for ourselves.

The CDC reported that most of the Covid infections were with people who wore masks. There are credible medical professionals who have stated masks are a waste of time, and may even do you harm if worn for a prolonged period of time. As I mentioned earlier, even the WHO came out with a statement that lockdowns are not the solution.

What we on the right do is weigh our particular circumstance, and make our own decisions. One size does not fit all, especially with a virus we've only begun to do research on.
With the exception of N95 mask which have been professionally fitted, masks provide protection for others but very limited protection for the wearer. We knew that last March. The only way to stop or slow down an airborne epidemic without a vaccine is by putting a barrier between the carrier and others. Masks, distancing, and quarantining work well in slowing down transmission. Countries that follow the guidelines have done well. Those that haven't have done poorer.

In March there was a picture of Trump wearing a masks. However, after Redfield said they protected others not the wearer, we rarely saw Trump in a mask. I guess he though if didn't protect me, it was worthless. So many of our problems we face such as, coronavirus, poverty, homelessness, global warming, etc are due to a lack of social conciseness.
if mask work why did Harris and Biden staffers get covid 19?
Probably from the same place other people that wear masks get it, dining out or from a close personal contact.
Stop crying. Get it and recover. Booo hooo it’s a virus with a. 99.96% survival rate
It’s a virus that has killed over 200,000 Americans. You gonna tell their families “boo hoo, suck it up”?

Typical un-American Trumpster.

How can you call yourself a Trump supporter? Wearing a mask that doesn't protect you, sanitizing, and washing hands your hands is for pussies. I'll bet you even follow your mayor and your governor's guidelines. You know you're going to lose your Red Trump hat if you keep this up.

BTW You don't need antibacterial soap. Washing with any hand soap for 20 secs does the deed. The 20 seconds is important.

Simply making the point that I do all these things while at the same time, reject the notion it should be mandated by government. Another point that shoots down your (and every other liberal) argument is that we Trump supporters do as he says and march in lockstep, and that's why Trump is responsible for all these cases and deaths. We are not liberals. We think for ourselves.

The CDC reported that most of the Covid infections were with people who wore masks. There are credible medical professionals who have stated masks are a waste of time, and may even do you harm if worn for a prolonged period of time. As I mentioned earlier, even the WHO came out with a statement that lockdowns are not the solution.

What we on the right do is weigh our particular circumstance, and make our own decisions. One size does not fit all, especially with a virus we've only begun to do research on.

Probably from the same place other people that wear masks get it, dining out or from a close personal contact.
Stop crying. Get it and recover. Booo hooo it’s a virus with a. 99.96% survival rate
It’s a virus that has killed over 200,000 Americans. You gonna tell their families “boo hoo, suck it up”?

Yep. Average age of death is 78. Booo hooo. F you, bitch.

and it didn't kill the president and he fits all the criteria for supposedly those who die from the Chinese virus

At this point, we must work hard to save the Senate.
A Biden win along with a Dimocrat Senate, and we are absolutely doomed.

Not a whole hell of a lot we can do outside of voting. Look at it this way, either way we really win. It's like when Ears took over with Democrat led House and Senate. When people realized what a disaster it was, we got the Congress back. The only reason Hussein won reelection is because he was a likable guy who attracted the white guilt vote. Other than that, he would have been thrown out on his ass.

The same thing would happen if Biden gets in with a Democrat Congress. Yes, it will be some major suffering for the country, but once again, people will realize what a huge mistake it was to vote that way. Joe will never run for reelection, and that puts Whoris in the drivers seat who many people really don't like, including her own party where she only got 2% of the vote for the presidential nomination.

Testy, testy inhumane Trumpster. It's totes adorbs that I'm the bitch because I care about my fellow citizens. What does that make you who doesn't care about his fellow Americans?

Hmm..tell me..how important are seniors in Florida? What do you imagine their average age is?

It is your attitude..reflected by Trump, that is peeling voters off of the Trump side. So..please do go on taking their lives lightly.

Marcelo Montesinos voted for President Donald Trump in 2016 because he said he saw "a man who would bring a lot of change."
Four years later, after losing a family member to the coronavirus, Montesinos, 72, is one of many seniors who now say they can no longer support the president because of his handling of the pandemic.
"He knew everything all the way back in February and he didn't take the precautions ... he didn't believe in science. He doesn't believe in doctors," Montesinos said. "He always tries to blame somebody else, like a little kid."

Montesinos, who is from West Palm Beach, Florida, said he still plans to vote for Republicans in other races.
"It hurt me so much" to hear the president recently dismiss the pandemic by saying Americans were "pandemic-ed out," Montesinos added.
Trump is attempting a repeat of his first stunning victory by banding together a base that's still mostly white, largely male, less educated and older.
Underpinning Trump's success in 2016 was, in part, an army of seniors that made up a large slice of the electorate and backed him by 7 percentage points over Hillary Clinton, according to national exit poll data. Older voters are among the most likely to vote and have sided with Republican nominees in every presidential election since 2004, reinforcing Trump four years ago and helping tilt key battleground states in his favor.

But this cycle, former Vice President Joe Biden is cutting into Trump's coalition, making significant gains with older voters across the U.S., particularly in must-win states for Trump. A recent ABC News/Washington Post poll found the two men running even among likely voters 65 and older nationally -- 48% to 49%.

Trump campaign aides have grown weary of the president's declining support among older Americans, a group they know is critical to his reelection chances, especially in states like Florida and North Carolina, sources told ABC News. Perhaps the most telling sign of concern in Trump circles over seniors is the president's campaign schedule, with a rally set for Friday in The Villages, a sprawling mecca for retirees in a conservative pocket of central Florida.
"With the President at the helm," Trump campaign spokesperson Ken Farnaso said in a statement, "seniors can rest assured their voice will be heard in Washington."

In follow-up interviews with more than a dozen independent and Republican voters over 65 who participated in recent ABC News/Washington Post polls in Florida and North Carolina, including some who voted for Trump in 2016, most said they're repelled by the president after four years. His fumbled response to the pandemic and derogatory rhetoric outweigh his much-touted economic gains, the voters said.

Testy, testy inhumane Trumpster. It's totes adorbs that I'm the bitch because I care about my fellow citizens. What does that make you who doesn't care about his fellow Americans?

You care about your fellow Americans? Then I guess you are not going to vote for Biden.

You care about your fellow Americans? Then I guess you are not going to vote for Biden.
Actually, that’s exactly why I voted for Joe Biden, because he cares too...unlike Trump. Trump only cares about Trump.

Hmm..tell me..how important are seniors in Florida? What do you imagine their average age is?

It is your attitude..reflected by Trump, that is peeling voters off of the Trump side. So..please do go on taking their lives lightly.

Marcelo Montesinos voted for President Donald Trump in 2016 because he said he saw "a man who would bring a lot of change."
Four years later, after losing a family member to the coronavirus, Montesinos, 72, is one of many seniors who now say they can no longer support the president because of his handling of the pandemic.
"He knew everything all the way back in February and he didn't take the precautions ... he didn't believe in science. He doesn't believe in doctors," Montesinos said. "He always tries to blame somebody else, like a little kid."

Montesinos, who is from West Palm Beach, Florida, said he still plans to vote for Republicans in other races.
"It hurt me so much" to hear the president recently dismiss the pandemic by saying Americans were "pandemic-ed out," Montesinos added.
Trump is attempting a repeat of his first stunning victory by banding together a base that's still mostly white, largely male, less educated and older.
Underpinning Trump's success in 2016 was, in part, an army of seniors that made up a large slice of the electorate and backed him by 7 percentage points over Hillary Clinton, according to national exit poll data. Older voters are among the most likely to vote and have sided with Republican nominees in every presidential election since 2004, reinforcing Trump four years ago and helping tilt key battleground states in his favor.

But this cycle, former Vice President Joe Biden is cutting into Trump's coalition, making significant gains with older voters across the U.S., particularly in must-win states for Trump. A recent ABC News/Washington Post poll found the two men running even among likely voters 65 and older nationally -- 48% to 49%.

Trump campaign aides have grown weary of the president's declining support among older Americans, a group they know is critical to his reelection chances, especially in states like Florida and North Carolina, sources told ABC News. Perhaps the most telling sign of concern in Trump circles over seniors is the president's campaign schedule, with a rally set for Friday in The Villages, a sprawling mecca for retirees in a conservative pocket of central Florida.
"With the President at the helm," Trump campaign spokesperson Ken Farnaso said in a statement, "seniors can rest assured their voice will be heard in Washington."

In follow-up interviews with more than a dozen independent and Republican voters over 65 who participated in recent ABC News/Washington Post polls in Florida and North Carolina, including some who voted for Trump in 2016, most said they're repelled by the president after four years. His fumbled response to the pandemic and derogatory rhetoric outweigh his much-touted economic gains, the voters said.
Dont care. Not sure how many more times I can tell you this. Biden when he was VP messed up H1N1 and if it were as deadly and contagious as COVID there would have been 700k deaths. Seniors can do as they wish.

Trumps only mistake was not bringing economic and psychological experts to the forefront along with Fauci and Birx. The cure cannot be worse than the disease. We are losing many to depression and suicides but the fake news media won’t report that. Hell my kids are stuck at home on Zoom calls. All for what? A 99.96% recovery rate? Spare me your leftist bullshit.

If you cared you would care about kids stuck at home on zoom calls and missing out on sports. You would care about small business owners. You would care about people depressed and suicidal due to lockdowns and or loss of business. You would care about higher cases of drug and alcohol abuse and lastly you would care about higher cases of child abuse. You stupid bitch.

Actually, that’s exactly why I voted for Joe Biden, because he cares too...unlike Trump. Trump only cares about Trump.
You voted for Jie Biden because he is a Democrat you lying bitch.

Dont care. Not sure how many more times I can tell you this. Biden when he was VP messed up H1N1 and if it were as deadly and contagious as COVID there would have been 700k deaths. Seniors can do as they wish.

Trumps only mistake was not bringing economic and psychological experts to the forefront along with Fauci and Birx. The cure cannot be worse than the disease. We are losing many to depression and suicides but the fake news media won’t report that. Hell my kids are stuck at home on Zoom calls. All for what? A 99.96% recovery rate? Spare me your leftist bullshit.
As we are in the political forum..I was looking at this politically---and it's not a good sign for Trump in Florida. I happen to chafe at the masking and such as well--but the virus is spiking and people love their parents..so...what ya going to do?

As for Trump's 'only' mistake..if I have to pick one..it's...once again, failing to keep his yap shut. That's what we get..when we elect an anti-intellectual as President. Dumb statements...dumb actions and inactions---impotent anger as his opinions are continually at odds with the experts--and the inability to discern BS from the real deal.

Oh...oops..you did say just one, right? My bad.

Forum List

Back