We righties need to be prepared for a Trump loss

And yes, the president did downplay the virus and he admitted. "I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic," Mr. Trump told Woodward. When in February, he said it was just the flu, and when he had falsely claimed it was going away in April, in the summer, and by election day, he was downplaying. And today he's still doing it by failing to set an example, by mocking, and ignoring all methods of controlling the virus and offering the vaccine as the magic bullet that will just make it go away when he knows that is not going to happen. Coronavirus is going to be with us for years but if we are very lucky, by the 4th quarter of next year, we might be seeing numbers decreasing.

The un-trusty WHO just made that claim yet several of our vaccine testing is in it's final stages. They want to create this image that there is no hope is in sight. It's all political. Just like the CDC wanted to add an extra three months of testing to keep it out of reach before the election. Dr. Fauci said about the Woodhead interview that in spite of that, all necessary information that he and the President discussed was properly relayed to the people. I don't know what more you want than that. Was the President trying to keep people calm? Yes he was. That's kind of his job.

The left is trying to create this lie that whatever the President instructs us to do, we all obey like dog faced pony solders. We don't. We are individuals that are quite capable of making our own individual choices and in spite of all we know, we are still making them today. I see it everywhere I go in public. I see people wearing no mask at all, or just over their mouth. I see people rubbing their eyes in the store. I seen one lady lick her fingers to count cash for the cashier.

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter what Trump says, or how he feels, or being optimistic we will get over this soon. People are still going to do whatever they want to do.
Your last sentence typifies the problem, "People are still going to do whatever they want to do" In an epidemic, people can't just do whatever they want to do and still bring the epidemic under control. We know how to reduce transmission in an airborne epidemic. We've been doing this all over world for years. The methods that reduce transmission is well know and there is nothing new here. You ask the public to follow the guidelines. If they don't, a combination national disaster declarations and health emergencies declarations at the federal and state level provide the authority needed to enforce compliance. That of course never really happen across the country. The CDC issued guidelines. The president said obeying them was an individual choice and governors said it wasn't. And thus people did whatever the fuck they wanted to do and here we are today with 217,000 dead, hospital admission increasing in half the states, and an over all trend that points to a really bad fall and winter. And what's going to be done about it. Absolutely nothing.

No. How Trumpie of you. You got 4 years to defend this piece of shit in the White House. And now this. FO and die, Ray Ray.

No, you said you were going to shoot my claims down, I said nothing about Qanon. So start shooting.
Your last sentence typifies the problem, "People are still going to do whatever they want to do" In an epidemic, people can't just do whatever they want to do and still bring the epidemic under control. We know how to reduce transmission in an airborne epidemic. We've been doing this all over world for years. The methods that reduce transmission is well know and there is nothing new here. You ask the public to follow the guidelines. If they don't, a combination national disaster declarations and health emergencies declarations at the federal and state level provide the authority needed to enforce compliance. That of course never really happen across the country. The CDC issued guidelines. The president said obeying them was an individual choice and governors said it wasn't. And thus people did whatever the fuck they wanted to do and here we are today with 217,000 dead, hospital admission increasing in half the states, and an over all trend that points to a really bad fall and winter. And what's going to be done about it. Absolutely nothing.

Our problems are not only increasing here, the same thing is happening in Europe, maybe even worse. Didn't those people follow guidelines, stay inside, wear masks? Of course they did, but no leader in any free world has control over a virus.

People can't do whatever they want to do? If that were the case, we could stop drug addiction, overdose deaths, drunk driving, murders.... You can't stop people from making their own choices good or bad.

The President nor Congress has the right to issue any declarations that violate our Constitutional rights. I posted an article for you from PA where the federal judge ruled that the Governors lockdown orders were in violation of that Constitution. There are lawsuits all across the country of people or organizations holding their local governments liable for the economic damage they did to them as free Americans. And this is going to continue long after this virus is under control.

Biden is not promising free healthcare nor free college, and he has said he will build toward a clean energy economy. Better and more affordable healthcare, tuition free college and vocational schools, and more green energy jobs are all possible and will happen but only after we bring coronavirus under control and revive the economy.

We could have all green energy today. Are you ready to pay two to three times for it? Do you think businesses are? Are you ready for the rolling blackouts like they have in California, where the Governor was telling people to not use your toaster so they didn't knock out the power? I'm sorry, I don't want to live like that.

Last time a Democrat offered us affordable healthcare, my employers went up so high he dropped it for us. I called to get this so-called affordable coverage, and I pay less on my two mortgages every month than the price they gave me. Plus it was crap. 7K deductible, 7K out of pocket, no prescription, no dental, and a 50 dollar doctor visit copay. It would have been only good if I decided to walk out in front of a moving bus. Fool me once, shame on you..........

Tuition free college and vocational school. So how is Biden going to accomplish that? Do you think he can get the instructors and professors to work for free? How about the utility companies not charging them for power? How about the administrators working for free?

If you think something is expensive now, wait until you see how much it's going to cost you when it's free. There is nothing wrong with graduating high school, living at home with your parents for three or four years while working a full time job saving as much as possible, and paying for college yourself like the generations before. Once in college, you can continue to work part-time and weekends.
Biden said his admiration would work toward building a green energy America. I think he gave a date of something like 2050. There's no one need to worry about two three times cost any time soon. The fact is that the cost green energy is coming down. Alternative green sources are now cheaper than coal. Biden says his first priority is to stop the virus so we can get the economy back on track. Trump seems to think he can bring the economy back while the virus is spreading. That just is not going to happen.

If you take time to read the proposals on free college an vocational schools, not the opposition rebuttal, you will see the cost is a lot less than thing. The reason is federal aid and state aid is now paying nearly 50% of the cost. When you in add in tax rebates, tax incentives, 528 tax savings, and other college tax sheltered plans, you'll see that federal and state government is already paying about 70% of the cost. Then there's the loan forgiveness program available to teachers and other selected professions and federal student loan program with numerous benefits, then the cost write offs of write offs unpaid federal loans, and then the huge cost of administrating student aid at the federal and state level and almost every college in the country. When we put all this together, you find that about 90% of cost of free college and vocational schools is offset by the cost of the current system. The biggest problem is constructing good legislation that does no further the bureaucratic nightmare that typifies financial aid today.

No. How Trumpie of you. You got 4 years to defend this piece of shit in the White House. And now this. FO and die, Ray Ray.

No, you said you were going to shoot my claims down, I said nothing about Qanon. So start shooting.

Our problems are not only increasing here, the same thing is happening in Europe, maybe even worse. Didn't those people follow guidelines, stay inside, wear masks? Of course they did, but no leader in any free world has control over a virus.

People can't do whatever they want to do? If that were the case, we could stop drug addiction, overdose deaths, drunk driving, murders.... You can't stop people from making their own choices good or bad.

The President nor Congress has the right to issue any declarations that violate our Constitutional rights. I posted an article for you from PA where the federal judge ruled that the Governors lockdown orders were in violation of that Constitution. There are lawsuits all across the country of people or organizations holding their local governments liable for the economic damage they did to them as free Americans. And this is going to continue long after this virus is under control.
A number of countries in Europe have had the same problem that we have in the US, fighting and bickering over methods, fear of effects on the economy such as in the UK, France, Belgium, and Italy. Other European countries such as Latvia, Greece, Norway, Finland, Germany, and Denmark are doing very well. In these countries the government did a good job of selling the preventive measures to people and they had relatively little resistance.

Our existing laws at the federal and state level give the president and the governors extraordinary powers in dealing with a healthcare emergency. In my state, the governor is not going after individuals that violate the guidelines but rather businesses, and origination that allow it to happen. In other words he's forcing businesses to police their employees and customers. It seems to work fairly well. In most retail establishments, you don't get more than ten feet inside the door without a mask before you are turned away. In a restaurant you can take off your mask to eat or drink, but you'll be asked to put it on if you leave the table. Businesses know that if they start having covid cases traced to them, the health dept. will shut them down.

Last edited:
A number of countries in Europe have had the same problem that we have in the US, fighting and bickering over methods, fear of effects on the economy such as in the UK, France, Belgium, and Italy. Other European countries such as Latvia, Greece, Norway, Finland, Germany, and Denmark are doing very well. In these countries the government did a good job of selling the preventive measures to people and they had relatively little resistance.

Our existing laws at the federal and state level give the president and the governors extraordinary powers in dealing with a healthcare emergency. In my state, the governor is not going after individuals that violate the guidelines but rather businesses, and origination that allow it to happen. In other words he's forcing businesses to police their employees and customers. It seems to work fairly well. In most retail establishments, you don't get more ten feet inside the door without a mask before you are turned away.

And trust me, that will end up in court as well.

Biden said his admiration would work toward building a green energy America. I think he gave a date of something like 2050. There's no one need to worry about two three times cost any time soon. The fact is that the cost green energy is coming down. Alternative green sources are now cheaper than coal. Biden says his first priority is to stop the virus so we can get the economy back on track. Trump seems to think he can bring the economy back while the virus is spreading. That just is not going to happen.

If you take time to read the proposals on free college an vocational schools, not the opposition rebuttal, you will see the cost is a lot less than thing. The reason is federal aid and state aid is now paying nearly 50% of the cost. When you in add in tax rebates, tax incentives, 528 tax savings, and other college tax sheltered plans, you'll see that federal and state government is already paying about 70% of the cost. Then there's the loan forgiveness program available to teachers and other selected professions and federal student loan program with numerous benefits, then the cost write offs of write offs unpaid federal loans, and then the huge cost of administrating student aid at the federal and state level and almost every college in the country. When we put all this together, you find that about 90% of cost of free college and vocational schools is offset by the cost of the current system. The biggest problem is constructing good legislation that does no further the bureaucratic nightmare that typifies financial aid today.

If green anything were a value, you wouldn't need government to promote it, force regulation to have it, or subsidize it. The private market would take care of that all on their own. After all, the government didn't need to promote the internet, cell phones, cable television. There was a demand and the private sector seen the opportunity.

The fact of the matter is, Biden on several occasions said he would get rid of fracking. HIs VP, Kamamla Whoreis stated if elected as President, she would eliminate it on her first day in office. It's not surprising given the Democrat parties position on killing cheap reliable energy. They've been promoting it for decades. Biden refused to answer the question on making PR and DC a state, he and KH refused to state if they support packing the courts. They said they'd give their answer a few days before the election, which thanks to their promotion of early mail in voting, will be too late for many voters to change their minds.

My nephew and niece went to college and graduated. I know what kind of outstanding balance they had on their loans into their 30's. If not for a wealthy Uncle who passed before his time, they'd be paying until their 40's, along with my sister and ex-husband who also funded their education.

The state nor feds gave them a dime. But that aside, what law is there that a kid must enter college right out of high school? What's wrong with living at home for a while, working for three or four years saving every dime, then enter college and pay for most of it yourself?

On average, people who get an advanced education make much more than a blue collar worker. In other words, it's an investment, and taxpayers should never be funding individual investments.

Not saying its gonna happen BUT as we all know you are wise to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Personally I think a Biden administration would be an economic disaster and truth be told that is virtually all I care about, hence my Trump vote.
Having said that I am not so narrow minded as to assume that others think like me. Anything can happen and the wise person does their best to prepare for it.
I hope to God we don't see any unhinged responses from the right like we did from the left when Hillary lost.

Keep your composure if the worst happens and for God's sake don't come on here......

If it happens, it happens and you're right. A Biden presidency would be an economic disaster. A train wreck and none of the lefty loons on this board will ever acknowledge that fact.

I don't think Trump will lose because I still have faith in humanity. Then again, I think there will be a lot of protesting over these fucked up mail in ballots. I do believe that's the way Democrats want it.

I agree. I think Trump will win as well. Hell he has thousands at his rally's and you can hardly see anyone at Bidens, well, when he comes out of his basement that is.

I don't intend to pull the shit the Dems did in 2016. They sure tried to unseat him for four years and failed.

Dems 0
Trump Winning.

If it happens, it happens and you're right. A Biden presidency would be an economic disaster. A train wreck and none of the lefty loons on this board will ever acknowledge that fact.

What they will do however is blame the next four years of Biden failure on President Trump. Who wants to make that bet with me?

You are oh so right. Hell Obama blamed every failure on Bush for eight years.

And yes, the president did downplay the virus and he admitted. "I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic," Mr. Trump told Woodward. When in February, he said it was just the flu, and when he had falsely claimed it was going away in April, in the summer, and by election day, he was downplaying. And today he's still doing it by failing to set an example, by mocking, and ignoring all methods of controlling the virus and offering the vaccine as the magic bullet that will just make it go away when he knows that is not going to happen. Coronavirus is going to be with us for years but if we are very lucky, by the 4th quarter of next year, we might be seeing numbers decreasing.

The un-trusty WHO just made that claim yet several of our vaccine testing is in it's final stages. They want to create this image that there is no hope is in sight. It's all political. Just like the CDC wanted to add an extra three months of testing to keep it out of reach before the election. Dr. Fauci said about the Woodhead interview that in spite of that, all necessary information that he and the President discussed was properly relayed to the people. I don't know what more you want than that. Was the President trying to keep people calm? Yes he was. That's kind of his job.

The left is trying to create this lie that whatever the President instructs us to do, we all obey like dog faced pony solders. We don't. We are individuals that are quite capable of making our own individual choices and in spite of all we know, we are still making them today. I see it everywhere I go in public. I see people wearing no mask at all, or just over their mouth. I see people rubbing their eyes in the store. I seen one lady lick her fingers to count cash for the cashier.

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter what Trump says, or how he feels, or being optimistic we will get over this soon. People are still going to do whatever they want to do.
Trump's message from the first outbreak has been to carry on as normal but that is just not possible when an epidemic that's killing people is sweeping across the country. Every method to slow transmission requires people to make sacrifices, mask wearing, social distancing, regular hand washing, cleaning public surfaces, testing, individual quarantining, mass quarantines, closing our borders to travelers, avoiding large gatherings, etc. Just about everybody hates this stuff so Trump tells the people what they really want to hear, you don't have to do this stuff, the virus is just going to magically go away. He's right it will go away but how many hundreds of thousands will have to die due to this message that encourages people to ignore the guidelines?

Everyone agrees that we need to get our economy moving. We all need to be doing what is required to get our economy back to normal and the first step is getting this epidemic under control.

Trump's message from the first outbreak has been to carry on as normal but that is just not possible when an epidemic that's killing people is sweeping across the country. Every method to slow transmission requires people to make sacrifices, mask wearing, social distancing, regular hand washing, cleaning public surfaces, testing, individual quarantining, mass quarantines, closing our borders to travelers, avoiding large gatherings, etc. Just about everybody hates this stuff so Trump tells the people what they really want to hear, you don't have to do this stuff, the virus is just going to magically go away. He's right it will go away but how many hundreds of thousands will have to die due to this message that encourages people to ignore the guidelines?

Everyone agrees that we need to get our economy moving. We all need to be doing what is required to get our economy back to normal and the first step is getting this epidemic under control.

A President cannot force people to do all those things without violating their rights. Outside of when this first hit, when did Trump tell people not to do them? I've heard him say many times to wash and sanitize your hands. Social distancing not a bad idea, and never said masks were a bad idea, again, after this first hit us and the CDC with Fauci and Birx said the same thing.

How do you get an epidemic under control unless you have the power to force everybody to stay home like in China? You can't stop it. And since that's the case, we might as well live life as normal as we can until we find a solution to it.

What they will do however is blame the next four years of Biden failure on President Trump. Who wants to make that bet with me?
Bush blamed Clinton.
Obama blamed Bush.
Trump blamed Obama.
I can remember a president that didn't blame his predecessor.

However when it comes to blaming others, no one beats Trump.

During five decades in business and politics, he has never taken personal responsibility for anything. Not for violating the Fair Housing Act when he refused to rent apartments to black people in New York City. Not for hiring undocumented immigrants to work at his hotels and golf courses. Not for many bankruptcies and failed real estate ventures. Not for illicit payoffs to the women who claimed affairs with him. Not for perpetrating the biggest and most protracted lie in our political history that Barack Obama, the first black American president, was illegitimate because he was born in Africa.

As president, Trump blamed “liberal judges” for rejecting his initial travel ban on predominantly Muslim countries. He blamed Obama for his own policy of separating families seeking asylum. He blamed the media and Democrats for perpetrating a hoax about the dangers of the coronavirus. He then blamed China for failing to apprise us about the pandemic, even though he was briefed on it before he took remedial action. He blamed the WHO for being to cozy with the Chinese. He blamed a nonexistent Obama era regulation for his own failure to provide medical professionals with adequate testing kits for the coronavirus. He blamed governors for the lack of protective equipment for health care workers. He blamed Obama for low level the US stockpile of emergency supplies, although he never anything remedy the situation. He blamed the FDA for not changing regulations to allow privates labs to process tests. He's even blamed Biden, who was not president for not instituting a mask mandate.

Trump's old buddy Harry Cohn told him you never, ever take responsibility for failure. Never lie to a judge and never tell the truth to public. Never defend but always attack.

A President cannot force people to do all those things without violating their rights. Outside of when this first hit, when did Trump tell people not to do them? I've heard him say many times to wash and sanitize your hands. Social distancing not a bad idea, and never said masks were a bad idea, again, after this first hit us and the CDC with Fauci and Birx said the same thing.

How do you get an epidemic under control unless you have the power to force everybody to stay home like in China? You can't stop it. And since that's the case, we might as well live life as normal as we can until we find a solution to it.
I'm not suggesting the president force the people to do any of those things. He just needs to consistently encourage people to follow the guides and stop questioning their effectiveness. Trump has never told people specifically to violate the guidelines but that has been his message by mocked those that wear masks, by refuses to wear a mask, by telling the people, that following a governors orders is their personal choice, by encouraging protests against governors who have imposed virus restrictions, by question the the effectiveness of masks, by embracing a declaration that opposes lock downs in favor of herd immunity, by making no effort toward social distancing at his rallies, by implying that wearing masks and social distancing is cowardly, etc, etc......

If congress declared war against the virus, Trump would be considered a trader.

I'm not suggesting the president force the people to do any of those things. He just needs to consistently encourage people to follow the guides and stop questioning their effectiveness. Trump has never told people specifically to violate the guidelines but that has been his message by mocked those that wear masks, by refuses to wear a mask, by telling the people, that following a governors orders is their personal choice, by encouraging protests against governors who have imposed virus restrictions, by question the effectiveness of masks, by embracing a declaration that opposes lock downs in favor of herd immunity, by making no effort toward social distancing at his rallies, by implying that wearing masks and social distancing is cowardly, etc, etc......

What President Trump understands is that these leftists Governors are not doing anything to stop the virus, they are trying to stop the economy.

In spite of our current situation, voters understand what Trump has accomplished before the Chinese flu. They also understand he can do it again, whereas all of Biden's policies promise a prolonged recession and possible depression. In order to win, they have to do whatever they can to destroy this economy beyond repair. That includes months long riots and destruction in their cities unchecked.

Not many people will listen to the Presidents suggestions. He's not a biologist, he's a businessman. That's why on many, many occasions, he allowed Drs. Fauci and Birx to address the country. THEY made the recommendations you stated multiple times, and they are free to do so anytime they wish. People are more likely to listen to experts than somebody who doesn't have the least idea of viruses. The Doctors tell us what to do for our safety, and the President tells us what we need to do to save our businesses and economy. That's his line of expertise.

During five decades in business and politics, he has never taken personal responsibility for anything. Not for violating the Fair Housing Act when he refused to rent apartments to black people in New York City. Not for hiring undocumented immigrants to work at his hotels and golf courses. Not for many bankruptcies and failed real estate ventures. Not for illicit payoffs to the women who claimed affairs with him. Not for perpetrating the biggest and most protracted lie in our political history that Barack Obama, the first black American president, was illegitimate because he was born in Africa.

Donald Trump has owned or operated over 500 businesses or operations in his career. He had 5 bankruptcies. That's a 1% failure rate which is a record any CEO would be happy to have. You don't become a multi-millionaire into a multi-billionaire because you're a failure.

When President Trump was running for the nomination, he did address his dealings with foreigners. He said what most of us already knew: you can't compete with businesses that use low wage workers unless you do the same yourself.

How many times have we seen wealthy people payoff women whether they had anything to do with them or not? It happens all the time, and Trump would have fought her in court until her last dime was spent if not doing the job of a US President. It doesn't mean he did anything wrong.

The court dropped the charges against Donald's father with a settlement that included no admission of guilt on behalf of the Trump organization for discrimination. The settlement included advertising in media that had a large black readership.

Out of the dozens of interviews they conducted of Trump's employees, they only found one disgruntled doorman who said he "was told" to tell blacks there were no units available to rent, and not by Trump himself. All other former employees said they were unaware, and certainly never participated in discrimination of blacks. This was outlined in a 400 page FBI report.

As president, Trump blamed “liberal judges” for rejecting his initial travel ban on predominantly Muslim countries. He blamed Obama for his own policy of separating families seeking asylum. He blamed the media and Democrats for perpetrating a hoax about the dangers of the coronavirus. He then blamed China for failing to apprise us about the pandemic, even though he was briefed on it before he took remedial action. He blamed the WHO for being to cozy with the Chinese. He blamed a nonexistent Obama era regulation for his own failure to provide medical professionals with adequate testing kits for the coronavirus. He blamed governors for the lack of protective equipment for health care workers. He blamed Obama for low level the US stockpile of emergency supplies, although he never anything remedy the situation. He blamed the FDA for not changing regulations to allow privates labs to process tests. He's even blamed Biden, who was not president for not instituting a mask mandate.

Trump's old buddy Harry Cohn told him you never, ever take responsibility for failure. Never lie to a judge and never tell the truth to public. Never defend but always attack.
[/QUOTE]

And how many of those was he correct on? Care to take them one by one, I'm game.

Forum List

Back