We need a forum on Crime….and here’s why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Election season is in full swing, and there are separate forums for two of the top three issues that weigh on voters’ minds: 1) The economy, and 2) Immigration (mostly illegal). There is, however, no separate forum for the third top issue, which is 3) Crime, which the majority (according to the Pew study linked below) are concerned about.

Given the skyrocketing rate of crime, and that it is among the top three issues of concern for voters, why should only the first two get a separate forum and not the third?

There is a curious response in America to reports that certain problems are in decline. That is that we no longer have to worry about them. If crime declines a few percent we think, "Well, I'm sure glad we've solved the crime problem, now I can sleep better at night." This regardless of an ongoing serious crime problem, albeit fractionally smaller. I think it's the "stock market effect" in that any good or bad news, no matter how small results in a response all out of proportion to that news.

Election season is in full swing, and there are separate forums for two of the top three issues that weigh on voters’ minds: 1) The economy, and 2) Immigration (mostly illegal). There is, however, no separate forum for the third top issue, which is 3) Crime, which the majority (according to the Pew study linked below) are concerned about.

Given the skyrocketing rate of crime, and that it is among the top three issues of concern for voters, why should only the first two get a separate forum and not the third?

The crime issue is a sticky one. Americans are hooked on drugs, which is connected to a huge majority of crimes, from petty theft to murder. However, to address these crimes users and addicts must be held responsible. This is politically dangerous as lawmakers would face severe backlash at the polls for even suggesting measures to deal with them. Americans love their drugs and drug use is woven into the fabric of the nation. Start pulling threads and whole garment might come undone. :omg:

The crime issue is a sticky one. Americans are hooked on drugs, which is connected to a huge majority of crimes, from petty theft to murder. However, to address these crimes users and addicts must be held responsible. This is politically dangerous as lawmakers would face severe backlash at the polls for even suggesting measures to deal with them. Americans love their drugs and drug use is woven into the fabric of the nation. Start pulling threads and whole garment might come undone. :omg:
But once you are a senior drugs are ok to use.

But once you are a senior drugs are ok to use.
Sure, as long as you don't pay for them. It's the drug money that causes most of the problems. Users and addicts commit petty crimes to obtain drugs. Dealers commit murder over the money.

Sure, as long as you don't pay for them. It's the drug money that causes most of the problems. Users and addicts commit petty crimes to obtain drugs. Dealers commit murder over the money.
I did it the old fashioned way, I earned it when I used drugs and alcohol before being a senior citizen
I never did get around to killing anyone when I dealt, I guess I was doing it wrong according to yer operations.

I did it the old fashioned way, I earned it when I used drugs and alcohol before being a senior citizen
I never did get around to killing anyone when I dealt, I guess I was doing it wrong according to yer operations.
Who did you get your drugs from?

It's the low-hanging fruit that law enforcement won't touch. In fact legislators across the country want to make drug use legal (most of their supporters must be users). See my comments at the bottom of my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back