We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Im wondering if public health emergencies do override Everything else?

It is more than just a public health emergency....it is a national emergency.........with all the ramifications that go with that.

To explain just a little.............China appears to have conquered the virus.....say we are unable to because people insist they have the right to congregate wherever they please and care not whether they help spread the virus or not.

The net result of which could be the weakening of the nation to such an extent that China would be enabled to dominate us. That is not something unreasonable------right now as we speak.

Whether or not these public gathering executive orders and stay at home orders from governors and mayors are Constitutional is a question that absolutely should be asked. It's times like these when the public is in a panic that gives elected officials the opportunities to seize power they typically wouldn't have and that's when the Constitution needs protected more than ever.
You are correct the constitution needs to be protected. I will count on your outrage when anyone abuses the emergency powers they temporarily enjoy no matter their party. There's going to come a time very soon when Trump is going to directly attack the election with his disaster powers. You know it, I know it, it is inevitable.

Whether or not these public gathering executive orders and stay at home orders from governors and mayors are Constitutional is a question that absolutely should be asked. It's times like these when the public is in a panic that gives elected officials the opportunities to seize power they typically wouldn't have and that's when the Constitution needs protected more than ever.
You are correct the constitution needs to be protected. I will count on your outrage when anyone abuses the emergency powers they temporarily enjoy no matter their party. There's going to come a time very soon when Trump is going to directly attack the election with his disaster powers. You know it, I know it, it is inevitable.
How can there be an election in this COVID-19 state of emergency?
:omg:
Trump is now your emperor for life due to COVID-19 scare.

Elections have to be suspended due to the seriousness of the situation.

rofl.gif

God Bless the USA and Lord help us, is all I have to say.

You really have nothing to say other than to shout your vulgarities which says much more about you than you realize.

BTW The question I was referring to was not the one you answered but the one before that.

If you refuse to answer it which I must assume you will because apparantly you lack the moral fortitude to do so.

I have no use for intellectual cowards.......if you do not answer I will put you on ignore....not that I think you will care one way or the other....just my signal to all the readers of this board that I have no time for cowards ....of the intellectual variety or otherwise.

Have a nice day.

This is a nasty planet. Lot of stuff in the air but we fight on even if having to deal with viruses and bacteria’s and airborne stuff that will kill you

rofl.gif
Election Day will occur

---“Why the government is so insistent on closing the church down on Sundays, restricting worship, restricting the size of the gathering in the church is totally against the first amendment of our constitution which says congress make no law prohibiting the free worship exercise of peaceful assembly of people in the United States that include the church,” he said.---

If I were a pastor, I wouldn't hold services in the church and put my parishoners at risk. I realize it's hard on people; if people ever needed their religion, it's now. But there are other ways: Some congregations are doing "drive in's" and others are doing services, readings, etc. on line. You can do Mass (well, you don't get the wafer) on EWTN. There are sermons on tv every Sunday where I live.

Declaring an emergency is legal. Holding church services right now is irresponsible. IMO.

rofl.gif
Election Day will occur
And then what? It's gonna reverse the Depression the leftists engineered?
I'll tell you right now: It will not.

Trump wil still win, then what?

What's he gonna be able to do unless he has the House and Senate both?

Will they vote to be uncrooked? Unlikely, unless Trump has some serious schmoozing power.

It is more than just a public health emergency....it is a national emergency.........with all the ramifications that go with that.

To explain just a little.............China appears to have conquered the virus.....say we are unable to because people insist they have the right to congregate wherever they please and care not whether they help spread the virus or not.

The net result of which could be the weakening of the nation to such an extent that China would be enabled to dominate us. That is not something unreasonable------right now as we speak.
This is so nicely said with no base vulgarity and over personalization. That overwhelms me .

---“Why the government is so insistent on closing the church down on Sundays, restricting worship, restricting the size of the gathering in the church is totally against the first amendment of our constitution which says congress make no law prohibiting the free worship exercise of peaceful assembly of people in the United States that include the church,” he said.---

If I were a pastor, I wouldn't hold services in the church and put my parishoners at risk. I realize it's hard on people; if people ever needed their religion, it's now. But there are other ways: Some congregations are doing "drive in's" and others are doing services, readings, etc. on line. You can do Mass (well, you don't get the wafer) on EWTN. There are sermons on tv every Sunday where I live.

Declaring an emergency is legal. Holding church services right now is irresponsible. IMO.
Yeah, but you kinda skipped seminary, so..next!

And today we find that in Britain the police (not all but too many) have begun police-state rule:

Anybody have reports of similar overreach here in the former country once called The United States?

Of course I do understand if your party won't allow you to respond or if the Gestapo is at your door.....

I said right at the beginning that Trump would be forced to declare martial law.....do you understand what that means? If he has to do that.....people like you will be a prime reason for it.....so ignorant and stupid that you think you are entitled to do things that put everyone in danger just because you think it is your constitutional right to do so. Absolutely ridiculous. With friends like you and your buddy America needs no enemies.

I expect to see liberals behave that way.....but when I see those who think they are republican and or conservative behave like that it is even more disgusting.

Last edited:

This is so nicely said with no base vulgarity and over personalization. That overwhelms me .

Thank-you......it really saddens me when I have to forcefully correct those who really believe they are standing up for America....but in their confusion and ignorance are doing precisely the opposite.

rofl.gif
Not that worried. There's a phenomena associated with epidemics where people seriously assess their allegiances to authority. I suppose we are lucky we didn't have a Reagan that knew how to act heroic and genuinely patriotic while fixing it for the fatcats.

I will give John Wayne(another phoney) about 10 mins to answer my question and if he does not I will put him on ignore.

Which I really hate to do as I like a lot of his posts.....but I must insist on intellectual honesty for everyone I debate with.....and his blatant use of obscene language is also intolerable.

Last edited:
Here's a laugher, liberals Democrats are calling themselves Christians.

Yea, everybody knows Jesus was a republican.
vgf16u1iiqm41.jpg

0kqh8hani0p41.jpg

On top of everything else I see you are a blasphemer.....may the Lord have mercy on you because I surely will not.

In a few short minutes I will banish you into the outer darkness unless you summon up some courage and answer my question.

Another stupid thread by a trump supporter. These guys have flown way past ridiculous.

Forum List

Back