We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

catch the virus and die - the constitution is moot

Civil war. More people die. The constitution is NEVER moot.

Your civil war is going to look more like suicide by cop.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.
You gonna go to war because they told you to keep your germ-ridden ass at home and not contaminate others?

Gonna be lonely on your team.

Going to war because I'm not a slave, and I'll prove with my actions, and the actions of millions of conservative, freedom loving, armed patriots.

We're not your slaves.

You want to convince us, by all means. As I said, I thought the pastor should have kept everyone home.

But that doesn't mean you can just burn the constitution whenever you decide to.

If you are going to toss away our constitutional rights, then the basis for this country has no meaning, and if it has no meaning, then it is time to overthrow you people, and make a nation without you that is based on freedom again.

Is the Jim Jones place up for sale, cuz you're going to need to find a new home.

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Of course the exceptions don't apply to Muslims. Why that would be wacist.

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

That's all it takes for most simpleton Leftists to drool all over them.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

:laughing0301:
thud.gif
:laugh2: :lmao:
shakehead.gif
:auiqs.jpg:
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

Holy SHIT that just took over first place for stupidest post in recent memory.
Oh no, I gotta bookmark this shit.

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".

It wasn't the church that tried to illegally shut down the government. It was the government that tried to illegally shut down the church, in blatant and inexcusable violation of the First Amendment. It was government that manufactured a fake crisis, and then tried to use it as an excuse to trash the Constitution.
Congregating at the church was not the only option. They could have performed their services online.

Not everyone has online access you know.

Computers are limited ,they have not yet found a way to deliver smell waves, so that the congregants can smell the incense. And how will snake handling denominations going to reproduce that experience online
People can burn their own incense and handle their own snakes.

Not necessarily. A lot of landlords prohibit both practices in rental properties. I suppose if the continued ban on Evictions continues indefinitely it might be possible.
Why would those people rent an apartment where they're not free to practice their religion? Sounds like they're not very committed.

Neither incense-burning nor snake-handling are typically part of individual daily devotions. They're both part of group rituals.

But I admire your consistency in never, ever, in any way allowing yourself to even try to understand people you don't agree with.

Stupid people gathering together in mumbers over 10 in these times should not be given any consideration ....they do not deserve it because they are willing to endanger others....for which there is no excuse.

A breathtaking statement

We don't deserve our great country anymore really, and won't keep it very much longer.

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".

It wasn't the church that tried to illegally shut down the government. It was the government that tried to illegally shut down the church, in blatant and inexcusable violation of the First Amendment. It was government that manufactured a fake crisis, and then tried to use it as an excuse to trash the Constitution.
Congregating at the church was not the only option. They could have performed their services online.

Other churches have found a lot of ways to maintain the fellowship and community that is the purpose of attending church, many of them quite creative.

I think anyone who believes that physical presence in a building with other people once a week (or more) regardless of any other considerations is what worshipping God is all about is doing it wrong and missing the entire point of the exercise.

But I don't think the point at all is what we think about how people exercise their religious faith. It's what THEY think and believe. My church is meeting virtually and I personally think that's the right call. But I am not in the position to put that on others' consciences. That's the first point.

My second point, and an important one, is that this going on day after week after posibly, month. A violation of all kinds of individual rights as outlined in the Bill of Rights. For "safety", for "public health". Today it's a virus; next year it's Tornado, Flood and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings. Can't be out on the roads or in stores because you put such and such lives at risk, yadda yadda. Below will be the nincompoop chatterers saying "That's ridiculous" but it's not at all.

Give totalitarians an inch and they will always take 100 miles, every time.

You used the word 'ridiculous' that is exactly what you are....no common sense...pathetic.

I do not know your i.q. and following this thread I have noted it is not about intelligence....or mental retardation....it is about stupidity and it is more proof that there is no remedy for stupidity.....but the remedy for those attending big gatherings in these times....is quite simply ....jail time. That would shut it all down quickly. These morons go on and on about their personal liberty being violated....but I gurantee not one of them would be willing to go to jail to back up their ridiculous position on this matter.

So what's your story. What are you so afraid of? It's something.

Fear should never rule your life.

Computers are limited ,they have not yet found a way to deliver smell waves, so that the congregants can smell the incense. And how will snake handling denominations going to reproduce that experience online
People can burn their own incense and handle their own snakes.

Not necessarily. A lot of landlords prohibit both practices in rental properties. I suppose if the continued ban on Evictions continues indefinitely it might be possible.
Why would those people rent an apartment where they're not free to practice their religion? Sounds like they're not very committed.

Neither incense-burning nor snake-handling are typically part of individual daily devotions. They're both part of group rituals.

But I admire your consistency in never, ever, in any way allowing yourself to even try to understand people you don't agree with.

Stupid people gathering together in mumbers over 10 in these times should not be given any consideration ....they do not deserve it because they are willing to endanger others....for which there is no excuse.

A breathtaking statement

We don't deserve our great country anymore really, and won't keep it very much longer.

I take it cabin fever has set in.

a national emergency -

catch the virus and die - the constitution is moot

Some people will die, but the overwhelming majority will recovered and thrive.

The problem here is that an indefinite lockdown will cause extreme poverty and that is one of the most deadly conditions out there. I lived through the Steel Collapse of the late 70's/early 80's, and a lot of people die from extreme destitution. What we are looking at is a lot worse than just some people falling dead in a pestilence, but a breakdown of all society.

Then stop driving cars, which is a known danger.

Do not EVER eat peanuts or tree nuts in public places again, a known danger for the food allergic.

Or wear fragrances. A danger for asthmatics.

Gosh, so many dangers you need to avoid, thumb sucker

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

Oh no, I gotta bookmark this shit.Ho

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?
How can you possibly compare our social distancing Orders to Nazis who systematically gassed/worked to death millions of people they didn't like?
That's going too far, in my book.

Last edited:

You gonna go to war because they told you to keep your germ-ridden ass at home and not contaminate others?

Gonna be lonely on your team.

from the looks of things theres plenty of other stupid sob's walking around wasting air

"If they would rather die, maybe they should do it, and decrease the surplus population."--Ebeneezer Scrooge "A Christmas Story", when he was a completely heartless moron

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

How can you possibly compare our social distancing Orders to Nazis who systematically gassed/worked to death millions of people they didn't like?
That's going to far, in my book.

Read here, on this forum, what people would like to DO to do those who don't follow "Social distancing orders"

Over to you, Mactheknife

People want to be comforted by being in God's house. Period. And they have a right to do it. Period.

i have a right to be comforted by the fact that some selfish covidiot doesn't spread their damn cooties around so i'll catch it.
Then don't go out and don't go to church. Simple.

ya well --- those selfish enough not to care about their fellow humans who go to church, & end up picking up the virus, then go to the fucking grocery store & shed it - which scientists, you know...the ones that actually KNOW what they are talking about; say that COVID 19 can stay live & active on plastic & metal for up to 3 DAYS, can give it to me. or gramma. thinking bipeds realize that having food or god damn toilet paper is more important right now. NOT going to church for a few TEMPORARY weeks won't kill you ... but the virus could.

DUH.

Have you eliminated all those food allergens from your diet and also stopped wearing all fragrances of any kind? Otherwise you just continue to be a blatant hypocrite Jackboots Karen
Not reading through the whole thread but will share a Word to consider. Also will say that by law we have the right to assemble yet that does not mean it is prudent to do so in a church setting.

It is in Matthew Chapter 4. When the Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted Satan told Jesus to throw himself down and Jesus responded to him you shall not tempt the Lord your God.

Why give into temptation to the possibility of exposing one's flesh being to a virus that can be and is already known to be deadly. Not that one should not take the government's threat to one's liberties lightly but to have an awareness that the possibility of catching and distributing a deadly virus is there and to wait a few weeks to let it all blow over. There are a lot of things that will need to be done to help take care of one another in the near future and if you get sick or even get another sick unnecessarily you may miss your chance to help another who needs your help.

exactly - this is only temporary. nobody is chaining the doors to houses of worship & throwing away the key

Agreed. Those of my religion obey the laws of the government unless said law is against God's law - sheltering in place is NOT against God's law. (Acts 5:29)

Those of my religion (Jehovah's Witnesses) thus obey the God-given authority of governments as Romans 13:1-5 explains. In my area (SE Louisiana, USA) we are meeting together by means of computer download (Zoom) - we had our mid-week meeting last night - we were able to comment on questions including the spiritual gems in Genesis chapters 24,25 (our assigned Bible reading this week) and see others comment, and hear their talks.

We had our last public meeting a couple of weeks ago, before the local government directed us to shelter in place. Our direction from our governing body (spiritual) was to no longer have public meetings and to stop going door to door (which some of you may realize we normally do).

The Bible teaches the importance of quarantine as well as being considered unclean after touching a dead body - the Bible did not say why - science now knows why.

As per my user name, I am especially interested in scientific research on any subject - and certainly at this time researching how Corona/Covid 19 spreads and how to bolster our immune system since many of us will be exposed to this deadly virus which may be more contagious than the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic which killed c. 1.5% of the world's population back then. 20 million people died in 4 months in every country on earth except for the tiny island of St. Helena.

While science and medicine has come a long way since 1918, we still do not have a cure for viruses and vaccines take a long time to develop. Millions will die if we do not shelter in place. Those who choose to have public meetings and then go shopping (etc.) will have blood on their hands. Very sad.

Aren't you the denomination that uses your religious freedom to deny children blood transfusions? Yes, I believe you are. And, children have died. So really before you start sermonizing Christians take a good long look in the mirror thanks
You are not a Christian. You attend church. There is a difference.

' hate your next door neighbor, but don't forget to say grace '.

Then stop driving cars, which is a known danger.

Do not EVER eat peanuts or tree nuts in public places again, a known danger for the food allergic.

Or wear fragrances. A danger for asthmatics.

Gosh, so many dangers you need to avoid, thumb sucker

I don't drive with a blind fold on.

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

When a klown can sit and post "Muslims are brown skinned" --- they have no book.

There are exceptions.

thud.gif
shakehead.gif
smiliegah.gif

Kind of an understatement, no?

Ya' just can't defeat the Christian church. The Soviet Union tried for decades.

And those on the left wrong have been trying to do so here in this country, for not quite as many decades, and without nearly as much power behind them. But they keep trying, and it's no surprise to see them exploiting this manufactured crisis for this purpose.
The best the left can do to compete is establish and feed their "liberal" churches.

The crisis is quite real, though; a lot of people are dying. But they do seem to delight in posting stories on these boards about the arrest of pastors. And I don't imagine we've seen the last such story.

Like I say, the church is not easy to oppose.

neh - it's not so much about arresting religious leaders - but rather holding those responsible for their actions instead of allowing them to cloak themselves in some sort of false special 'constituional' privledge regardless of the danger they are creating.

the preacher already has a TV program.

Ya' just can't defeat the Christian church. The Soviet Union tried for decades.

And those on the left wrong have been trying to do so here in this country, for not quite as many decades, and without nearly as much power behind them. But they keep trying, and it's no surprise to see them exploiting this manufactured crisis for this purpose.
The best the left can do to compete is establish and feed their "liberal" churches.

The crisis is quite real, though; a lot of people are dying. But they do seem to delight in posting stories on these boards about the arrest of pastors. And I don't imagine we've seen the last such story.

Like I say, the church is not easy to oppose.

neh - it's not so much about arresting religious leaders - but rather holding those responsible for their actions instead of allowing them to cloak themselves in some sort of false special 'constituional' privledge regardless of the danger they are creating.

I seem to recall the same wags sitting on here denouncing those who refuse to follow mandatory evacuation orders in a coming hurricane. Here, they do a complete 180. Having it both ways: Priceless.

Forum List

Back