We have more CO2. So what's our reduced level of O2?

:lol:

The problem is that you are so amazingly ignorant, you have to ask such base questions that you really ought to know the answer to already, considering the way you talk.

Pin-pointing the exact cause (or causes) of the Permian–Triassic extinction event is a difficult undertaking, mostly because the catastrophe occurred over 250 million years ago, and much of the evidence that would have pointed to the cause has either been destroyed by now or is concealed deep within the Earth under many layers of rock. The sea floor is also completely recycled every 200 million years by the ongoing process of plate tectonics and seafloor spreading, thereby leaving no useful indications beneath the ocean. With the fairly significant evidence that scientists have managed to accumulate, several mechanisms have been proposed for the extinction event, including both catastrophic and gradualistic processes (similar to those theorized for the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event). The former include large or multiple bolide impact events, increased volcanism, or sudden release of methane hydrates from the sea floor. The latter include sea level change, anoxia, and increasing aridity. Any hypothesis about the cause must explain the selectivity of the event, which primarily affected organisms with calcium carbonate skeletons, the long (4– to 6-million-year) period before recovery started, and the minimal extent of biological mineralization (despite inorganic carbonates being deposited) once the recovery began.

This information is from Abby's beloved Wikipedia, but I'm going to pretend that I just finished reading Wikipedia's sources so I can pretend that I've read things that I haven't.

Very good. Now why do you say Old Rocks information was a delusion?

ps: My name is Abraham.

Last edited:

That is what I suggest you do, you silly ass.

Ancient mass extinction tied to torched coal

In the current Nature Geoscience,
a team led by Stephen Grasby of the Geological Survey of Canada—Calgary, report evidence the eruption of the Siberian volcanoes torched massive coal beds, leaving behind ash deposits found by the team in deep rock layers from 250 million years ago, near Canada's modern-day Buchanan Lake. "Mafic megascale eruptions are long-lived events that would allow significant build-up of global ash clouds. More than 3 trillion tons of carbon released by Siberian Traps coal burning has been suggested," they report.

a team led by Stephen Grasby of the Geological Survey of Canada—Calgary, report evidence the eruption of the Siberian volcanoes torched massive coal beds, leaving behind ash deposits found by the team in deep rock layers from 250 million years ago, near Canada's modern-day Buchanan Lake. "Mafic megascale eruptions are long-lived events that would allow significant build-up of global ash clouds. More than 3 trillion tons of carbon released by Siberian Traps coal burning has been suggested," they report.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen, the AGW cult promoting AGW church mantra.

This is almost as bad as Mathew claiming the Dinosaurs were wiped out by AGW, oh wait that is what Old Rocks is doing now.

:lol:

Listen kid, go to home room. Sit in class and learn a thing or two.

What a ridiculous person you are. First, universities don't have home rooms, they have study lounges, well used by those serious about their education. Now I know you grandma's basement could also be used for study, as well as a place to live, but I very much doubt that you understand the word study, and definately, do not understand the word research. You are a dumb one kid, and as I daily watch very bright kids working their butts off, I wonder how people like you are ever going to compete even for a janitor's job.

This is almost as bad as Mathew claiming the Dinosaurs were wiped out by AGW, oh wait that is what Old Rocks is doing now.

So what you are saying is that the geologists that have done the research just don't have your evidence or information. So, why don't you present us with that evidence?:badgrin:

So what you are saying is that the geologists that have done the research just don't have your evidence or information. So, why don't you present us with that evidence?:badgrin:

Here is that far left mentality again, "I know I posted bunk material, but it is up to you to prove me wrong!".

Grasby studied the formations with Dr. Benoit Beauchamp, a professor in the Department of Geoscience at the University of Calgary. They called upon Dr. Hamed Sanei adjunct professor at the University of Calgary and a researcher at NRCan to look at some of peculiar organic layers they had discovered.
"We saw layers with abundant organic matter and Hamed immediately determined that they were layers of coal-ash, exactly like that produced by modern coal burning power plants," says Beauchamp.
Sanei adds: "Our discovery provides the first direct confirmation for coal ash during this extinction as it may not have been recognized before."
The ash, the authors suggest, may have caused even more trouble for a planet that was already heating up with its oceans starting to suffocate because of decreasing oxygen levels.
"It was a really bad time on Earth. In addition to these volcanoes causing fires through coal, the ash it spewed was highly toxic and was released in the land and water, potentially contributing to the worst extinction event in earth history," says Grasby.

Read more at: Researchers find smoking gun of world's biggest extinction

Here is that far left mentality again, "I know I posted bunk material, but it is up to you to prove me wrong!".

Once more a willfully ignorant lying ass doesn't want to post anything to support his bullshit opinion.

Once more a willfully ignorant lying ass doesn't want to post anything to support his bullshit opinion.

And the AGW cult thinks that when they post any story that supports their religious belief it should be accepted as the absolute truth and fact, even though their religion is entirely bunk.

See the far left two year old mentality, they post bunk, know it is bunk, but say it is up to you to prove them wrong.

Is that supposed to explain why you NEVER post ANY evidence supporting your contentions?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back