We have become cowards

Yeah in my experience the people who keep saying they're tough guys usually ain't.
Well, as AssClog once said, "it's not a lie if your believe it".... He thinks he's tough so therefore, he's that guy on the back of the comics

1634986515510.png

For the most part I think people just assume someone else will step in.

Some people think calling the police is rendering aid but the police have no legal obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

I'm thinking it was a racial thing. We know the guy was black, young, and probably subtly African ----- accent, funny color, whatever. I imagine the situation was confusing if he was at her for 45 minutes, talking at her ---- maybe people thought she was okay with it. (She should have moved cars, called police on a cell phone, etc. Sounds like a case of trying to avoid a "scene.") It's so dangerous these days to interfere in black crimes, after which you always get Twitter mobs and Facebook campaigns against you, that I suspect this was the reason people didn't help -------- they were afraid of Internet mob action. I sure would like to know if the riders were mostly black, white, or half-and-half, and if the woman was black or white. Or even something else, like Oriental! Blacks will attack Oriental women, we often see in the news.

If we had the racial breakdown of this event, we could understand it a lot better, but the newspapers don't print what is most important. The news wants to tell one narrative only: people should have helped, but didn't. But I think this was much more complicated than that.

Interesting thread title.

I am "only" 84 years old.

But I have read that back in the "good old days," ordinary citizens DID take the law into their own hands.

Of course, we all know how groups of ordinary people (AKA mobs) took direct action in the South against a certain ethnicity.

But in the North, too, "groups of ordinary people" also got involved whenever they saw something that they felt needed direct action.

Some people feel that Americans have become more civilized.

Some people feel that Americans have become more indifferent or even cowardly.

Some people think that case in Georgia against those 3 guys is proof that one should mind one's own business.

This is inexcusable. As a father of two daughters I am both angry and ashamed at my fellow Americans. We have become a nation of pussies and wimps.

If I were on that train I would have beaten the living hell out of that rapist.
I would like to hear the sex and skin color of the witnesses. May be a bit bigoted but I bet the majority of them were blacks or Asians

How many times are you going to try and digress to this talking point?

Waste of fucking time trying to have an actual discussion......
And yet you ignored the first part of my reply and the link

So it seems you don't want to discuss those things

The article you linked on ends with the question I asked above. What is the purpose of the police? To serve the interests of the State? What does it mean? Oppressing people taking part in demonstrations?

I have heard of such a ruling of the Supreme Court. And after that you can have only two options. Either making it legally abiding for the police to protect the citizens.

Or enabling people to protect themselves without the help of the State. But in this case the state shouldn't intrude or make objections how people will be doing so. That means constitutional carry, the castle doctrine, unrestricted right of self-defense, the possibility to form local armed militia etc.
Personally I think the police are nothing but a revenue arm for the state and the acquisition arm for the prison for profit corporations

I'm thinking it was a racial thing. We know the guy was black, young, and probably subtly African ----- accent, funny color, whatever. I imagine the situation was confusing if he was at her for 45 minutes, talking at her ---- maybe people thought she was okay with it. (She should have moved cars, called police on a cell phone, etc. Sounds like a case of trying to avoid a "scene.") It's so dangerous these days to interfere in black crimes, after which you always get Twitter mobs and Facebook campaigns against you, that I suspect this was the reason people didn't help -------- they were afraid of Internet mob action. I sure would like to know if the riders were mostly black, white, or half-and-half, and if the woman was black or white. Or even something else, like Oriental! Blacks will attack Oriental women, we often see in the news.

If we had the racial breakdown of this event, we could understand it a lot better, but the newspapers don't print what is most important. The news wants to tell one narrative only: people should have helped, but didn't. But I think this was much more complicated than that.
You might be right. I know in my old neighborhood you didn't talk to the cops if you wanted to stay out of the hospital or the morgue.

No they don'tvwant that, if they did we would have a Voting Rights Bill and a Police Reform bill and the reason we don't is because of Republiklans.
The reason you vote for the same party over and over again is because you're a brainwashed zombie. I am 41 yrs old. Not much has improved for those voting blue who are PoC. But you do you. My people are finally starting to see the light. I do not care if you vote Democrat. That is your choice but to vote for the same people over and over again but to expect different results is lunacy.

The US has committed enough atrocities that if one believed in such things our fate was sealed a long time ago

So you think the US has not committed any atrocities? Really?
The only “atrocities” committed by the U.S.-
Lincoln not sending ALL the slaves home to their beautiful homelands.
Roosevelt for starting the free shit slide
Reagan for recruiting millions of wetbacks

America is FUCKING AMAZING if those three “atrocities“ never happen.
(now go piss your pants in the corner tards)

Forum List

Back