We have become cowards

I ask because it is easy to say one would do something from the safety of their computer, but until they are given the actual opportunity they really do not know how they will react
I was waiting for a bus in downtown Seattle when a formidable looking man walked up to a young woman and started fondling her body. She was obviously terrified and unable to react, so I just started shouting. Luckily, a police cruiser was just around the corner, but the guy was startled by my yelling and took off, and all we could do was give the officer a descriprion of the man. They'll back down if you fight back. Note: this was several years ago. With the prevalence of tweakers, my approach might not be as successful. Tweakers are always beyond reason and sensibility. But I still find that flat out crazy loud and wide eyed aggressiveness does it for me.

I was waiting for a bus in downtown Seattle when a formidable looking man walked up to a young woman and started fondling her body. She was obviously terrified and unable to react, so I just started shouting. Luckily, a police cruiser was just around the corner, but the guy was startled by my yelling and took off, and all we could do was give the officer a descriprion of the man. They'll back down if you fight back.

That is awesome, thanks for doing that.

The King of the universe chooses life for those who hate the murders and oppressions of their society.
The rest of them go down to the grave and never rise/return.
I see no evidence of that.

This is inexcusable. As a father of two daughters I am both angry and ashamed at my fellow Americans. We have become a nation of pussies and wimps.

If I were on that train I would have beaten the living hell out of that rapist.

The rapist was black. ANy white person there, had to be afraid of being arrested if he used force to stop the attack.

THe law in on the side of the criminals. Look to Rittenhouse's arrest. Look to the way Zimmerman was arrested.

This is inexcusable. As a father of two daughters I am both angry and ashamed at my fellow Americans. We have become a nation of pussies and wimps.

If I were on that train I would have beaten the living hell out of that rapist.
I would have helped (and I am no spring chicken)

pos

hope he gets life (ok, almost life)

^^^ Maybe not, but it IS a crime to harbor and aid someone who is guilty of illegal activity which is exactly what those who did nothing are guilty of. Their decision to not do a thing only aided the rapist, therefore, I hope that they like prison food.

God bless you and their victim always!!!

Holly

^^^ Maybe not, but it IS a crime to harbor and aid someone who is guilty of illegal activity which is exactly what those who did nothing are guilty of. Their decision to not do a thing only aided the rapist, therefore, I hope that they like prison food.

God bless you and their victim always!!!

Holly
But there was none of that going on.

Doing nothing is neither aid nor harboring.

Aid would be actively assisting in the crime or helping him get away from the scene. Harboring would be allowing him to hide from the police if you knew he committed a crime.

The King of the universe chooses life for those who hate the murders and oppressions of their society.
The rest of them go down to the grave and never rise/return.
I'll bet you're fun at parties.

But there was none of that going on.

Doing nothing is neither aid nor harboring.

Aid would be actively assisting in the crime or helping him get away from the scene. Harboring would be allowing him to hide from the police if you knew he committed a crime.
Their choice to do nothing is what allowed the illegal activity to continue which can be labeled assisting the perpetrator.

God bless you and the victim always!!!

Holly

P.S. Because of how much they didn't do in the grand scheme, I doubt that they would've tried to stop him if he had been given the chance to flee the scene which only would've been another way that they would've been assisting him.

Forum List

Back