'We do not arrest our political opponents.' Federal judge rules in Ohio case

Strawman logical fallacy. You're insinuating through a few cherry picked examples that being more educated makes one dumber. Man you're stupid.
Indoctrinated isn't education. You don't know the difference. You believe that you're highly intelligent, huh.

Indoctrinated isn't education. You don't know the difference. You believe that you're highly intelligent, huh.
I know nobody is going to change your mind about anything. You evidently think college is nothing but going from class to class to become further indoctrinated in....something. You're obviously not mentally well enough to have a conversation that is based in reality.

So if they said, the judge, confirmed by the senate, which he was BTW, would you claim the thread was about the senate? Should I send ya another bail of straw for you to grasp at?

Not unusual for a MAGAT to take quotes out of contecxt for their "proof"

But, from the OP...

It takes a special kind of public official to do something so egregious to violate the broad protections of qualified immunity.

I think he meant to say "we should not arrest our political opponents" since dems obviously do arrest our political opponents.

I have no problem with her being charged with a crime if there is evidence that she committed one. Who in their right mind would? So far, however, there doesn't seem to be any such evidence other than republican anger.
Just getting this straight...So, Fani hires her boyfriend, someone who is way under qualified to take that position, and authorizes a $650 thousand dollar salary, while she is taking lavish vacations with him on that money, and you don't see evidence of misappropriations of state funds there? Amazing....

I trust in our system even though it is not perfect. You don't trust the system.
Your solution is to force the system you want but not use the opyions of the system t do so. That is a traitor. A person who wants to destroy our country.
Nice, so now I'm a traitor because I don't want one party to rule over everything....This is why reasoned discussion can not be found between Dems and Reps....

Just getting this straight...So, Fani hires her boyfriend, someone who is way under qualified to take that position, and authorizes a $650 thousand dollar salary, while she is taking lavish vacations with him on that money, and you don't see evidence of misappropriations of state funds there? Amazing....
Quite the accusation there. If she did all of that--or some of that--she should be investigated. Sounds like you’re making it all up though.

Irregardless, it should have no bearing on the blob’s trial.

Quite the accusation there. If she did all of that--or some of that--she should be investigated. Sounds like you’re making it all up though.
Good grief....You need to broaden your news sourcing then...

"

What are the allegations against Willis and Wade?

Last week, Willis was accused of several forms of misconduct: engaging in a romantic relationship with Wade; paying Wade’s firm hundreds of thousands of dollars more than other firms working on the case; and joining Wade on Caribbean cruises and trips to Florida and California’s Napa Valley that may have been paid for with taxpayer money.

The sensational allegations raise questions about why Willis hired Wade — an outside attorney with no experience trying complex felony cases, let alone leading a multidefendant racketeering prosecution — rather than relying on civil servants. If true, the accusations “could present a conflict of interest or … amount to fraud,” according to the Washington Post.

Irregardless, it should have no bearing on the blob’s trial.
first things first..."Irregardless" is NOT a word....Obviously an educated person, just ask Berg80.

Now, as for having bearing on the case...It very well could tank it....

"
The Georgia judge overseeing Willis’s criminal election interference and racketeering case has scheduled an evidentiary hearing for Feb. 15 to address the motion to disqualify the DA and her special prosecutor. He has given Willis until Feb. 2 to file a response to Roman’s allegations.

The case is unlikely to be dismissed outright even if the allegations are proven true. But if a conflict of interest can be shown — if, for instance, Willis extended her investigation to benefit Wade financially — then Willis (and by extension, the entire Fulton County DA’s office) could be disqualified, forcing the Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia to transfer the case to another DA’s office or to take charge itself."

Good grief....You need to broaden your news sourcing then...

"

What are the allegations against Willis and Wade?

Last week, Willis was accused of several forms of misconduct: engaging in a romantic relationship with Wade; paying Wade’s firm hundreds of thousands of dollars more than other firms working on the case; and joining Wade on Caribbean cruises and trips to Florida and California’s Napa Valley that may have been paid for with taxpayer money.

The sensational allegations raise questions about why Willis hired Wade — an outside attorney with no experience trying complex felony cases, let alone leading a multidefendant racketeering prosecution — rather than relying on civil servants. If true, the accusations “could present a conflict of interest or … amount to fraud,” according to the Washington Post.

first things first..."Irregardless" is NOT a word....Obviously an educated person, just ask Berg80.
Irregardless, these are allegations...wake me when she gets charged.
Now, as for having bearing on the case...It very well could tank it....
LOL...
The case is unlikely to be dismissed outright even if the allegations are proven true.
Thanks.

I know nobody is going to change your mind about anything. You evidently think college is nothing but going from class to class to become further indoctrinated in....something. You're obviously not mentally well enough to have a conversation that is based in reality.
I believe many people get a good college education. I also believe way too many are dumber than a plank. I've been around enough to understand what's going on. You're of the opinion that going to college automatically makes you educated. That's idiocy.

MAGA hates everyone who is not MAGA, no matter their political leaning.
Trump. MAGA before country.
MAGA is my country. Patriotic Americans who believe in law and order, not flooding the country with more government dependents. What the hell is wrong with you creatures?

Nice, so now I'm a traitor because I don't want one party to rule over everything....This is why reasoned discussion can not be found between Dems and Reps....
Where do you come up with one party rule. The Republicans have the house. The Democrats barely have the Senate.

What you want is one party rule.

You (actualy it is Donald Trump) does not want anything to get in the way of implementing a MAGA doctrine.
The MAGA doctrine is being restricted by the safeguards the founding fathers built into our government to prevent one party, one person rule.

Trump and MAGA are trying to eliminate the safeguards built into our system.

A federal judge this week issued a blistering ruling in favor of a Trumbull County commissioner who was arrested after criticizing the sheriff.

"Here in America, we do not arrest our political opponents," Judge Philip Calabrese wrote in an order filed Wednesday.

Calabrese wrote that the sheriff, the deputies and the other two commissioners violated Republican Commissioner Niki Frenchko's First Amendment rights. Sheriff Paul Monroe, Commissioner Frank Fuda and Commissioner Mauro Cantalamessa are all Democrats. The judge, who was nominated by former president Donald Trump, also found the defendants do not have qualified immunity in this case, meaning they can be sued for monetary damages.

"I was compelled to file this suit because if public officials can use their offices and power to silence me, they can do it to anyone,” Frenchko said in a news release. "This is a tremendous day for freedom of speech, the rule of law, and democracy."

It takes a special kind of public official to do something so egregious to violate the broad protections of qualified immunity.

I think he meant to say "we should not arrest our political opponents" since dems obviously do arrest our political opponents.

Anyway.....Good, do the DOJ next.
Too bad that Trump broke the law 91 times.

Then he wouldn't have to worry about being arrested.

MAGA is my country. Patriotic Americans who believe in law and order, not flooding the country with more government dependents. What the hell is wrong with you creatures?
Believe in law and order, BULLSHIT!!
No political movement has disrespected our justice system more than MAGA. They degrade the system and everyone involved, FBI, CIA etc.
A movement that respects law and order does not storm our capitol assaulting police officers and trash government property.

Donald Trump has used and abused our legal system his entire life. He has conned a group of people to believe his lies and be complicit in continuing to use and abuse the legal system . You are one of those people. Ypou should be ashamed.

Believe in law and order, BULLSHIT!!
No political movement has disrespected our justice system more than MAGA. They degrade the system and everyone involved, FBI, CIA etc.
A movement that respects law and order does not storm our capitol assaulting police officers and trash government property.

Donald Trump has used and abused our legal system his entire life. He has conned a group of people to believe his lies and be complicit in continuing to use and abuse the legal system . You are one of those people. Ypou should be ashamed.
Yeah, you just riot in cities, looting and burning down property of your fellow Americans. Get off your self-righteous high horse.

Yeah, you just riot in cities, looting and burning down property of your fellow Americans. Get off your self-righteous high horse.
People who loot and burn do not respect the law. Any group, including MAGA on Jan 6th.
People, also, verbally disrespect law and order. Defund the police is one. Defund the FBI is one. Saying our justice system is not fair. Criminals have been saying this for years. MAGA has joined in calling our justice system not fair.

We see the most disrespect for law and order from the extreme right and the extreme left.

Where do you come up with one party rule. The Republicans have the house. The Democrats barely have the Senate.

What you want is one party rule.

You (actualy it is Donald Trump) does not want anything to get in the way of implementing a MAGA doctrine.
The MAGA doctrine is being restricted by the safeguards the founding fathers built into our government to prevent one party, one person rule.

Trump and MAGA are trying to eliminate the safeguards built into our system.
Wrong..but hey the day ends in y so you’re on track.

Wrong..but hey the day ends in y so you’re on track.
Tell me where I am wrong about what MAGA is doing. MAGA wants to rule. They do not want any individuals or groups, in government, that does not agree with them.

Trump does not put forth a rebuttal to people who disagree with him, he trys to destroy them. It does not matter if they are republican, democrat or independent. They can be our gretest war heros who have given more to our country than anyone else. If these heroes disagree with him, he trys to destroy them. Not I disagree with the hero on this issue. He insults them, devalues them. It is beyond disgusting.

A Nazi or a white supremacist likes him, kisses his butt, Trump likes them.

People who loot and burn do not respect the law. Any group, including MAGA on Jan 6th.
People, also, verbally disrespect law and order. Defund the police is one. Defund the FBI is one. Saying our justice system is not fair. Criminals have been saying this for years. MAGA has joined in calling our justice system not fair.

We see the most disrespect for law and order from the extreme right and the extreme left.
Democrats support blm and antifa who have done far more damage to the American people than the right.

Forum List

Back