..we can do two things at once....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Obviously.
Fittingly.
America will now focus mostly on the potentially world-changing events of the Ukraine conflict.
The potentialy existential events.

"Mostly"
But not exclusively.

There is still that little 'clean-up-in-aisle-five' matter of the Janaury 6th attempt to ruin our historical governance.

Today, one of those blokes who really did bring high-lethality hardware, who really did intend to change our governance tradition, and who really did do it with other such blokes.....well, he plead guilty to all of that.

"A member of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group has become the first to admit to engaging in seditious conspiracy on Jan. 6, 2021, to keep President Biden from taking office.

Joshua James, 34, of Arab, Ala., pleaded guilty in federal court in Washington on Wednesday to helping lead a group that prosecutors say sent two tactically equipped teams into the Capitol and organized a cache of weapons in a hotel just outside the city. He also pleaded guilty to one count of obstructing an official proceeding, and he may face the stiffest sentence of any Jan. 6 defendant so far, according to preliminary sentencing guidelines."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever happens in Ukraine.
And we fervently hope it is not unimaginably tragic.
Well, life still goes on here in the relatively safe United States of America.
And one of our 'clean-up' responsibilities is to write the most fulsome expose', most complete history, of the events of Janaury 6th.
And let the chips fall where they may.
------------------------------------

Meanwhile, God bless Ukraine. And Ukrainians.
And not Vlad-the-Bad.

Obviously.
Fittingly.
America will now focus mostly on the potentially world-changing events of the Ukraine conflict.

"Mostly"
But not exclusively.

There is still that little 'clean-up-in-aisle-five' matter of the Janaury 6th attempt to ruin our historical governance.

Today, one of those blokes who really did bring high-lethality hardware, who really did intend to change our governance tradition, and who really did do it with other such blokes.....well, he plead guilty to all of that.

"A member of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group has become the first to admit to engaging in seditious conspiracy on Jan. 6, 2021, to keep President Biden from taking office.

Joshua James, 34, of Arab, Ala., pleaded guilty in federal court in Washington on Wednesday to helping lead a group that prosecutors say sent two tactically equipped teams into the Capitol and organized a cache of weapons in a hotel just outside the city. He also pleaded guilty to one count of obstructing an official proceeding, and he may face the stiffest sentence of any Jan. 6 defendant so far, according to preliminary sentencing guidelines."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one of our 'clean-up' responsibilities is to write the most fulsome expose', most complete history, of the events of Janaury 6th.

And not Vlad-the-Bad.
I don't think people actually care about January 6. But the economic onslaught against Russia should quiet the trollfarms that convinced our rubes to invade the Capitol in the first place, so that's something.

Obviously.
Fittingly.

"Mostly"
But not exclusively.

And not Vlad-the-Bad.
Don't forget that little border problem Joe made worse, either. I haven't.

I don't think people actually care about January 6. But the economic onslaught against Russia should quiet the trollfarms that convinced our rubes to invade the Capitol in the first place, so that's something.
That's awesome, so you're blaming Russian troll farms for inciting people to invade the Capitol? That's highly questionable, but I'm glad you finally gave up trying to blame Donald Trump for Jan. 6

Obviously.
Fittingly.

"Mostly"
But not exclusively.

And not Vlad-the-Bad.
Why is this drivel in Politics? Try the Badlands.

When the dems secure the border we can talk.
The border will never be secure unless you're willing to cut into business profits. Since profit is the only goal of the way this country is organized, it will never happen.

That's awesome, so you're blaming Russian troll farms for inciting people to invade the Capitol? That's highly questionable, but I'm glad you finally gave up trying to blame Donald Trump for Jan. 6
I believe we're going to see a significant drop in Russian propaganda campaigns in the U.S. now that the world has shut off their cash flow. You might even stop wishing for a Putin-type despot to become President here because of it.

Of course people care about the attempt to overthrow our government.

Whatever that nonsensical comment means, it doesn't matter. They don't have to do whatever you're talking about because it's already the way things are.
The Ukrainians coined it to describe the Biden family and other dem dealings/interference in the Ukraine.

If I was the House majority leader after next January I'd tie everything that Tater wants to border security.....Oh you want a "program", well Tater, that going to cost you 100 miles of border wall.

Oh, sure. They care about it enough that Trump supporters are going to destroy Democrats this November. But keep harping on January 6 instead of demanding your leaders actually accomplish any of the things they "lied about ----," sorry, I mean "promised" to do if you elected them.

The Ukrainians coined it to describe the Biden family and other dem dealings/interference in the Ukraine.

If I was the House majority leader after next January I'd tie everything that Tater wants to border security.....Oh you want a "program", well Tater, that going to cost you 100 miles of border wall.
Every time a few hundred miles of border wall gets built, your complaints about illegal immigration increase. I know this because there's more border wall now than ever before, and yet here you are, complaining that illegal immigration is worse than ever.

Not per the polls taken BullSHIT.

Nowhere on that list does Jan. 6 appear. No, it doesn’t fall under national security so try that lie.

I’m so unconcerned with 1/6. Some folks did engage in criminality. So? Arrests and prosecutions are warranted. Life goes on. But it wasn’t an “insurrection.” The defendant who pled-out today got hosed. But be that as it may, the point remains. The 1/6 shit is a distraction from what matters: The Russian military aggression and the abysmal performance of all things Brandon.

Every time a few hundred miles of border wall gets built, your complaints about illegal immigration increase. I know this because there's more border wall now than ever before, and yet here you are, complaining that is worse than ever.
Well isn't it?

Just because Tater's bunch chooses to redefine them as something else other than illegals does not mean illegal immigration not at historic highs.....I have friends in the BP, the volume is simply overwhelming them.

Used to be the northern tier border states were hardship postings for the BP, nobody really wanted to go there......Now there's a waiting list to go up there.

Well isn't it?

Just because Tater's bunch chooses to redefine them as something else other than illegals does not mean illegal immigration not at historic highs.....I have friends in the BP, the volume is simply overwhelming them.

Used to be the northern tier border states were hardship postings for the BP, nobody really wanted to go there......Now there's a waiting list to go up there.
Illegal immigration will never go away as long as there's profit to be made. You hate Democrats because they won't shoot illegal immigrants coming into this country. I hate republicans because they don't punish businesses that incentivize immigrating to this country illegal. But neither of our opinions will matter until we can find a way profits can be made from stopping illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration will never go away as long as there's profit to be made. You hate Democrats because they won't shoot illegal immigrants coming into this country. I hate republicans because they don't punish businesses that incentivize immigrating to this country illegal. But neither of our opinions will matter until we can find a way profits can be made from stopping illegal immigration.
You are right in some respects. What I am hoping is enough have entered the country to sate the ones that hire them and at the same time the border can be re-secured by holding hostage anything the dems want till such time it is secured.

I mean I don't hate illegals as for the most part they are damn hard workers, it's the thousands upon thousands that get away I'm more concerned about as the BP is busy dealing with the "family units" that turn themselves in. It must stop.

You are right in some respects. What I am hoping is enough have entered the country to sate the ones that hire them and at the same time the border can be re-secured by holding hostage anything the dems want till such time it is secured.

I mean I don't hate illegals as for the most part they are damn hard workers, it's the thousands upon thousands that get away I'm more concerned about as the BP is busy dealing with the "family units" that turn themselves in. It must stop.
Agree. But, I think there will have to be a basic revamp of immigration policy as a whole, along with enforcement, including enforcement on civilian employers to make it happen or just pissing in the wind. I see no political will for enforcing on employers on either sided of the issue.

Forum List

Back