..we can do two things at once....

Agree. But, I think there will have to be a basic revamp of immigration policy as a whole, along with enforcement, including enforcement on civilian employers to make it happen or just pissing in the wind. I see no political will for enforcing on employers on either sided of the issue.
Oh I don't either, too much Chamber of Commerce support so tight border security is were the rubber will have to meet the road.

It simply can't go on as it is.....The records of many of the bad actors that are coming across, getting away, and arrested later while the BP is occupied with the "family units" would curl your hair. Vicious animals with no regard at all for human life and they just walk right in, it has to stop.

You are right in some respects. What I am hoping is enough have entered the country to sate the ones that hire them and at the same time the border can be re-secured by holding hostage anything the dems want till such time it is secured.

I mean I don't hate illegals as for the most part they are damn hard workers, it's the thousands upon thousands that get away I'm more concerned about as the BP is busy dealing with the "family units" that turn themselves in. It must stop.
I think it would have by now if they could have figured out how. Since they can't do anything about it they just make it a wedge issue. The argument should be about how to manage it.

Oh I don't either, too much Chamber of Commerce support so tight border security is were the rubber will have to meet the road.

It simply can't go on as it is.....The records of many of the bad actors that are coming across, getting away, and arrested later while the BP is occupied with the "family units" would curl your hair. Vicious animals with no regard at all for human life and they just walk right in, it has to stop.
I am not a nice person and never claimed to be. While not in favor of a useless expensive public works wall, that I can easily scale, It would not hurt my feeling a bit to have the border marked and a 50 meter minefield running the length of the border and constant drone surveillance 24/7.

I am not a nice person and never claimed to be. While not in favor of a useless expensive public works wall, that I can easily scale, It would not hurt my feeling a bit to have the border marked and a 50 meter minefield running the length of the border and constant drone surveillance 24/7.
Despite what you may believe the upgraded wall was very effective where it was in place according to the BP guys I talk to almost every day....There is a BP K-9 training center in my AO and a lot of them live in my neighborhood and frequent the same morning eatery that I do......They despise Tater for what he has done.

Despite what you may believe the upgraded wall was very effective where it was in place according to the BP guys I talk to almost every day....There is a BP K-9 training center in my AO and a lot of them live in my neighborhood and frequent the same morning eatery that I do......They despise Tater for what he has done.
The wall and the BP will not stop the drugs and gang people crossing the length of our southern border, no matter how much it makes for favored contractors. It will only serve to keep out the ones that are coming across and turning themselves in and the border extends well beyond your AO.

Why is this drivel in Politics? Try the Badlands.
I cannot answer for the editors of this particular Op-Ed page.
But, the real world reality of the topic is that that bloke ...plead guilty, this week, to seditious conspiracy.
This week. He did that.
THAT makes it a 'current event'.
Now, more importantly than one poster's desire to shelf-life the discussion, is that it was a "conspiracy".
One doesn't do 'conspiracies' by oneself.
There are more blokes in the mix.
I kinda sorta expect we will see more of 'em in the 'current' new in the foreseeable future..
The cake bakes. Albeit, with fewer interested eyes watching it.
But, it bakes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course people care about the attempt to overthrow our government.
Of course, some do.
A lot don't though.
And too, some want to move beyond it quickly.
Sorta like Rover scratching dirt over his scat.

But, admittedley, with the more 'headline-y' stuff about Bad Vlad burning down Ukraine the January 6th events will continue to recede in the public's concience. It is what it is.

However, I personally hope that the Select Committee will act as thorough fulsome historians of the actors, the acts, and the implications of what happened on Janaury 6th. So it doesn't happen again. Or that we be more anticipatory of it happening. And that we be better prepared against it.

January 6th was one single day. But there was an awful lot of foreplay prior.
We, as interested and responsible citizens need know all of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1/6 shit is a distraction from what matters: The Russian military aggression......
Well, not quite.
It ain't that simple.
Life is complicated.
Hence, the title of the OP.
America CAN do more than one thing at a time.
We CAN....and should.....support the people of Ukraine as much as we prudently can....materially, and otherwise.
BUT, also......we need to autopsy the attacks of Janaury 6th as thoroughly as possible.....identifying and describing the acts, identifying the actors and what they did, and explaining the planning, preparation, and intents that made it come to be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, for those who fuss about desperate hispanic immigrants who break into America to work.....well, I would suggest you start a separate thread on that very complex issue.

Good luck.

The wall and the BP will not stop the drugs and gang people crossing the length of our southern border, no matter how much it makes for favored contractors. It will only serve to keep out the ones that are coming across and turning themselves in and the border extends well beyond your AO.
Meh, yours are just preconceived notions, I prefer to go with first hand info gleaned from the "boots on the ground".

I don't know WTF you are going on about as far as contractors, someone has to be contracted to erect the panels, same as produce the steel, etc.

What, did you overbid or something? ;)

Last edited:
But, the real world reality of the topic is that that bloke ...plead guilty, this week, to seditious conspiracy.
This week. He did that.
Now, more importantly than one poster's desire to shelf-life the discussion, is that it was a "conspiracy".
I kinda sorta expect we will see more of 'em in the 'current' new in the foreseeable future..
But, it bakes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, some do.
A lot don't though.

But, admittedley, with the more 'headline-y' stuff about Bad Vlad burning down Ukraine the January 6th events will continue to recede in the public's concience. It is what it is.

However, I personally hope that the Select Committee will act as thorough fulsome historians of the actors, the acts, and the implications of what happened on Janaury 6th. So it doesn't happen again. Or that we be more anticipatory of it happening. And that we be better prepared against it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, not quite.
It ain't that simple.
Life is complicated.
We CAN....and should.....support the people of Ukraine as much as we prudently can....materially, and otherwise.
BUT, also......we need to autopsy the attacks of Janaury 6th as thoroughly as possible.....identifying and describing the acts, identifying the actors and what they did, and explaining the planning, preparation, and intents that made it come to be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, for those who fuss about desperate hispanic immigrants who break into America to work.....well, I would suggest you start a separate thread on that very complex issue.

Good luck.
Yeah sure. It’s still a deflection. The 1/6 quackery is unimportant. And we all know it.

Good luck working up an intelligent diversion effort next time.

The 1/6 quackery is unimportant. And we all know it.
Well, as I read in a prior post --- it is unimportant to some.
Or, perhaps, more embarrassing to some than to others, and they may wish to dismiss or disappear any news about January 6th.
Think Rover scratching over the poo-pile behind him.

Meh, yours are just preconceived notions, I prefer to go with first hand info gleaned from the "boots on the ground".

I don't know WTF you are going on about as far as contractors, someone has to be contracted to erect the panels, same as produce the steel, etc.

What, did you overbid or something? ;)
No. Though it might be different if I had some skin in the game. I just see the wasted dollars and learned to breach obstacles a long time ago. I go with Patton. Fixed fortifications are a testament to the stupidity of man.

Well, as I read in a prior post --- it is unimportant to some.
Or, perhaps, more embarrassing to some than to others, and they may wish to dismiss or disappear any news about January 6th.
Think Rover scratching over the poo-pile behind him.
You’re entitled to be oblivious. But it remains unimportant in reality. Sure, it has its use as a deflection, but the 1/6 non-insurrection means precisely and exactly nothing otherwise. True story. I don’t know who is embarrassed by the 1/6 shit. Maybe the ones who busted into the Capitol. Justifiably embarrassed. Otherwise? Nah. Nobody.

This week. He did that.
But, it bakes.

Of course, some do.
A lot don't though.

Well, not quite.
It ain't that simple.
Life is complicated.

Good luck.
The Russian attack doesn't make 1/6 go away. It will be the top story for a while, and then something else might take it's place, but the attempted overthrow of our government is too important to just disappear like a passing fad.

I don't think people actually care about January 6. But the economic onslaught against Russia should quiet the trollfarms that convinced our rubes to invade the Capitol in the first place, so that's something.
"I don't think people actually care about January 6."

I doubt that very much.

Sure, the following story has the CYA word "may".
We see that. And we understand their prudence in using it.

Nonetheless, the news of the court filing is.....news.
And it is also a marker that despite the Ukraine tragedy, America moves forward with purpose, the rule of law, and the responsible-citizen ethic of...."actions have consequences".

And for that, all of us patriotic American citizens can be proud, and supportive.
And citizens of the world can rightfully note America's committment to the rule-of-law.....and our Constitution. And look at it as somewhat of a model for their perceptions of responsible governance.

From ABC, this morning:

1/6 committee: Evidence Trump engaged in 'criminal conspiracy,' may have broken laws

"The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack said Wednesday it has evidence that former President Donald Trump and some of his associates may have illegally tried to obstruct Congress' count of electoral votes and "engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States" in their efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

The committee argued in a federal court filing Wednesday that Trump may have committed two crimes as it challenged a bid by former Trump lawyer John Eastman to block investigators from obtaining thousands of pages of emails.

The panel argued that the records should not be protected by attorney-client privilege under the crime fraud exception, given that Eastman's legal advice may have helped Trump commit multiple crimes.

"The facts we've gathered strongly suggest that Dr. Eastman's emails may show that he helped Donald Trump advance a corrupt scheme to obstruct the counting of electoral college ballots and a conspiracy to impede the transfer of power," Reps. Bennie Thompson, D-Mississippi, and Liz Cheney, R-Wyoming, the leaders of the panel, said in a statement.

The Russian attack doesn't make 1/6 go away. It will be the top story for a while, and then something else might take it's place, but the attempted overthrow of our government is too important to just disappear like a passing fad.

Yep, a few hundred old fat out of shape core American patriots in Carhartt gear and armed with crutches, flags and a fire extinguisher showed up at THEIR Capitol Building to "take over the government"....hahaha
Those Apache choppers would be no match for some old fat dudes wielding flags and crutches would they?
The crazy thing is; you whack-jobs don't even realize how fucking stupid you sound when you say this retarded shit, you embarrass the fuck out of yourself and you don’t even know it….and you wonder why NOBODY decent, sane and legitimate takes you LefTarded fools seriously.

White 6

you whack-jobs don't even realize how fucking stupid you sound when you say this retarded shit, you embarrass the fuck out of yourself
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm?
Why do MAGAHats so regularly, consistently, frequently, validate this nation's.....and the world's..... perception of them?
I dunno.
Just askin'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm?
Why do MAGAHats so regularly, consistently, frequently, validate this nation's.....and the world's..... perception of them?
I dunno.
Just askin'.
Why do fragile nutless pussies always identify themselves when angry adults speak like angry adults?

Why do fragile nutless pussies always identify themselves when angry adults speak like angry adults?

I believe the above question is merely rhetorical.
Despite that, my poor avatar would have no idea about 'nutless pussies'...which sound kinda toxic homophobic.....rather he would entertain most any political discussion where angry educated adults speak like educated adults, even when angry.
It's hard otherwise to have productive discussions.

Which still leaves us with the non-rhetorical question: Why do some MAGAHats so consistently and so frequently validate, and indeed, even expand the rest of the world's justifiably critical view of the MAGA's education, their societal awarness, their cultural suitability.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Forum List

Back