We Belong to Afghanistan’

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
When I saw the news of the brutal suicide attack on Afghanistan’s Sikhs and Hindus on Sunday, my first instinct was to call my friend and regular source Rawail Singh for more details. I didn’t realize until his phone went unanswered that the Kabul-based peace activist had been among the 19 people killed, 17 of them Sikhs or Hindus, while waiting to meet Afghan President Ashraf Ghani in Jalalabad.

Singh was one of the kindest and most recognizable faces in Kabul’s nascent civil society and one of the most active members of his community. He’d had many offers to help him and his family leave Afghanistan, but he insisted that he was a son of the Afghan soil and refused to depart a country where he still saw tremendous potential.

“Why would I leave? This is my land, my country, my culture. Historically, we belong to Afghanistan. One of the founding leaders of Sikhism, Guru Nanak, visited Afghanistan in 1520. We’ve been his followers since then,” he told me last year.

‘We Belong to Afghanistan’

It's an interesting article--especially how the mujaheddin had been more discriminatory then the Taliban.

The way we continue to bleed over ancient stories and economic paranoia breaks my fucking heart.

True story! :thup:

The way we continue to bleed over ancient stories and economic paranoia breaks my fucking heart.

True story! :thup:

It really has nothing to do with religion. It never does. It's about control of the resources. Religion is used to manipulate people.

And it sells.

Absolutely!

Economic paranoia (a.k.a. greed) is always at the root of the bloodiest bleeding, even if the advertised 'cause' is wrapped in a national or religious flag.

Religions and Governments are just tools... The problem is Monkey business.

`

not to seem like a hardass

but this is another reason to leave that entire region and never return

And we won't because......protecting American interests.
we have no interest there, that region has nothing.

we just seem to have this idea that we can make people want to embrace a Constitutional republic with capitalism.

it works great for us, so why won't you do it....

Why is the U.S. military still in Afghanistan? ..... :cool:

"The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold, and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world".

Mining in Afghanistan - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Why is the U.S. military still in Afghanistan? ..... :cool:

"The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold, and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world".

Mining in Afghanistan - Wikipedia
Mission explained.

Forum List

Back