We are living through the latest example of democracy eventually failing.

Slavery was a disaster for this country on many levels. I would not quarrel with the idea that that original sin made our country's success an uphill battle from the start.
Bullshit. Slavery was nothing more than inexpensive labor. Cheap overhead. Had nothing to do with founding principles and the system they created.
Slavery legacy is nothing more than opportunity for those who want to destroy those founding principles.

Bullshit. Slavery was nothing more than inexpensive labor. Cheap overhead. Had nothing to do with founding principles and the system they created.
Slavery legacy is nothing more than opportunity for those who want to destroy those founding principles.
Wow. Talk about denial.

Abraham Accords, series of agreements to normalize relations between Israel and several Arab states. The accords, all of which were signed in the latter half of 2020, consist of a general declaration alongside bilateral agreements between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Morocco.

So, Trump brokered peace between groups that had never been at hostilities with each other.

And you find that to be an actual accomplishment?

Abraham Accords, series of agreements to normalize relations between Israel and several Arab states. The accords, all of which were signed in the latter half of 2020, consist of a general declaration alongside bilateral agreements between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Morocco.

And Biden and Obama pissed it away and funded Iran which a month later Iran attacked Israel with Hamas fighters....
You speak of black and white often... let me tell you something...Obama is Muslim first and African American second... don't ever forget that...
It was an amazing accomplishment. And they gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize..

The guardrails the Founders put in the Constitution to protect America from the well-known and inevitable decline of a democracy still require a moral and thoughtful citizenry. We have neither. Look at this list of reasons given for the decline of the Roman republic:

There Was An Imbalance Of Power Between The Aristocracy And The Rest Of Society
They Broke Into Factions Who Prioritized Their Own Aims Over Their Republic
Ancient Democracies Limited Voting To Select Citizens
Demagogues Were Able To Easily Persuade A Misled Populace
Political Campaigns Were Expensive And Mired In Controversy
Certain Individuals Had Their Own Personal Military
Senators Stalled Vital Legislation With Filibusters
Senators Began Using Violence To Get Rid Of Political Adversaries
Participation In Long-Running Wars Caused Regional Instability
Autocratic Powers Rigged Democratic Systems To Put Themselves In Power
All People Were Free To Live As They Pleased

As the Bible says, there is nothing new under the sun. The Founders tried to protect against the inevitable. They understood how fragile a democracy is and how dependent it is on the character of the citizens.

John Adams stated it this way, “Public virtue cannot exist in a Nation without private Virtue, and public Virtue is the only Foundation of Republics.

George Washington said: “Virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government,”[6] and “Human rights can only be assured among a virtuous people.”

Benjamin Franklin said: “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom.”

James Madison stated: “To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical [imaginary] idea.”

Thomas Jefferson wrote, “No government can continue good but under the control of the people; and … their minds are to be informed by education what is right and what wrong; to be encouraged in habits of virtue and to be deterred from those of vice … These are the inculcations necessary to render the people a sure basis for the structure and order of government.”

Samuel Adams said: “Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt. He therefore is the truest friend of the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue.”

Patrick Henry stated that: “A vitiated [impure] state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom.”

John Adams stated: “We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

I guess there is something cool about being witness to this shit show as it happens, but it's actually terrifying for those of us with children.
The founders made sure to keep the election of the president and vice president out of the commoners hands.

Why do we need to put Iran in the cellar and not Putin or China?

So, are you saying the US needs to be the world dictator?

Again, I ask the question for who because it has never been great for black folks.

Your last sentence simply isn't true, where in the world is it better for black folks, please inform us? And after you do that, why don't you consider relocating so you're not living in a place you loath. What I see in social media and entertainment/'news', and at a local level is a whole lot of black folks living very successful and prosperous lives, so perhaps that chip that you carry on your shoulder is so heavy it's keeping you from doing the same?

Also, curious to hear what your 'solution' is to the entire problem of some of America's founders being slave owners? What do you propose to make that better or move on? Or is there never any moving on, it's just something you use to continue to spew hatred for the next however many years you remain on the Earth as an excuse for why you don't prosper? Should we erase everything they said and did, and start over and do the opposite? How do you suggest going back in time and changing it? I don't think you really have any interest in changing anything, I think it's just a cudgel you enjoy using to bash the country with, you may not even live here and just have hatred for the USA. There will never be any pleasing you or those like-minded, and every time any founding principles are brought up or mentioned, you will discredit them based on their source regardless of whether or not they are sound principles. Your methodology of 'but they were slave owners' to discredit their words lacks all reason and logic and is only based on emotion, an emotion you can't even claim to understand since you've never been a slave and never will be.

Well sure, prove me wrong list all the hostilities between those countries and Israel.

I will be happy to wait.
That's not the point...
As part of the two agreements, both the UAE and Bahrain recognized Israel's sovereignty, enabling the establishment of full diplomatic relations
US diplomatic success with the Accords helps contain more aggressive Iranian behavior, while Iranian restraint as a product of such US success in turn encourages regional states to strengthen ties with Washington. Today, such strengthening is focused in good part on advancing the Abraham Accords

The Accords were dealt a blow when Joe released 6 billion dollars to Iran... they used the money to quell dissent in their country (killing and jailing Iranian civilians) and funding terrorism like the Hamas attack on Oct 7....
The accords were meant to stop the 12th century Mullahs from meddling in the world... Biden killed it... Why?....

That's not the point...
As part of the two agreements, both the UAE and Bahrain recognized Israel's sovereignty, enabling the establishment of full diplomatic relations

So, then when I said that So, Trump brokered peace between groups that had never been at hostilities with each other, I was correct.

Thanks!

I don't take my cues on what a thoughtful and moral democracy looks like from a bunch of slavers... :laugh: ... that's stupid. It's like cooking tips from Hannibal Lecter
Yeah, well some of us KNOW you are not Black and that you loathe Blacks.
IT is a not uncommon mental illness seen on discussion sites. FIrst push comes when your hates start being stronger than your loves.
Then can come an idea that you are a savior for some cause. The worst aberration is when in order to combat some perceived problem X you take on the identity of an anti-X so as to make your real opponents look bad.

So I say you are white about 18-22.anti-social, racially sensitive against Blacks, and a loner

IT is a not uncommon mental illness seen on discussion sites. FIrst push comes when your hates start being stronger than your loves.
Then can come an idea that you are a savior for some cause. The worst aberration is when in order to combat some perceived problem X you take on the identity of an anti-X so as to make your real opponents look bad.

So I say you are white about 18-22.anti-social, racially sensitive against Blacks, and a loner
:laugh:

You all sure do fantasize about me a lot.

Wow really strange, a mind reader on an opinion board.

Forum List

Back