Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
Jay Inslee is a moron. He and the idiot democrats just brainstorm stupid shit and pass laws. After they pass them, they discover, "hey, that won't work" so they postpone it while they try to figure it out. I'm going to ID.

They better get busy then. They will need two large power plants to be built in the next two years just to handle the energy needs of the EV's.
and the plans to deal with it are_------------------------------------------------------------------?
If they find they're not ready I'm sure they'll postpone the deadline.

I think you're stuck down in the weeds and missing the real question: Are EV's the future? If they're not, WA is wasting little. If they are, WA will have a head start on the rest of the country and may end up being the next automotive capital of the US. I think it is too soon to pick the winner but it is a reasonable gamble for WA to take.

As Virginians we should be thanking WA for being the guinea pigs for this. If it works, the rest of us will follow. If it fails, we all learn something at WA's expense.

Thanks Washington.
Already it's a guaranteed failure. It's just a fact. In eight years who will be able to afford an EV that's
two to three times the cost of an internal combustion engine? Not many people unless the
dreamers in Olympia want to by tens of tens of thousands of EVs for people.

I love my birth state but under ideologue Jay Inslee Washington is headed for the rocks.

If they find they're not ready I'm sure they'll postpone the deadline.

I think you're stuck down in the weeds and missing the real question: Are EV's the future? If they're not, WA is wasting little. If they are, WA will have a head start on the rest of the country and may end up being the next automotive capital of the US. I think it is too soon to pick the winner but it is a reasonable gamble for WA to take.
Not reasonable at all. If a large percentage of people can't afford the EV now when will that change in any
substantial way? Not to mention that replacing an EV battery is practically like buying a new auto.

"Under current estimates, most EV batteries will last somewhere between 10-20 years before they need to be replaced. However, according to a survey by Cox Automotive, many potential EV buyers have reservations when it comes to battery life and the costs associated with battery replacement.Oct 5, 2021"

EV autos have an environmental impact that is impractical to sustain all on it's own.
Goofball Jay Inslee is living in a fool's paradise. Hopefully Washington state voters will recycle him
down to a mayor of some little farm town where he can't harm too many people at all.

Already it's a guaranteed failure. It's just a fact. In eight years who will be able to afford an EV that's
two to three times the cost of an internal combustion engine? Not many people unless the

I love my birth state but under ideologue Jay Inslee Washington is headed for the rocks.
I want to see how they are going to get those generators out into the forest to run all of that diesel heavy equipment the logging industry uses. Can you say welcome to manual labor lumber jacks?

Not reasonable at all. If a large percentage of people can't afford the EV now when will that change in any
substantial way? Not to mention that replacing an EV battery is practically like buying a new auto.

"Under current estimates, most EV batteries will last somewhere between 10-20 years before they need to be replaced. However, according to a survey by Cox Automotive, many potential EV buyers have reservations when it comes to battery life and the costs associated with battery replacement.Oct 5, 2021"

EV autos have an environmental impact that is impractical to sustain all on it's own.
Goofball Jay Inslee is living in a fool's paradise. Hopefully Washington state voters will recycle him
down to a mayor of some little farm town where he can't harm too many people at all.
If only. The thinking part of WA is overruled by the morons on the west side of the state. Two thirds of the geographical state is conservative. However 2/3 of the population lives on the west side and they pray to Inslee and Jayapal. I think they put something in the water over there.

ITs called waste by short circuiting the market....they'll subsidize things that business would install themselves as the market demand increased.

You may be right but...

“It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”​

― Yogi Berra

The problems with EV are well known but you failed to answer the question, is EV the future? If it isn't, what is? Can we continue to burn gasoline indefinitely?

The problems with EV are well known but you failed to answer the question, is EV the future? If it isn't, what is? Can we continue to burn gasoline indefinitely?
I'm with Yogi on this one. While gasoline cannot last forever it will get us by until we can leap frog to the
next source of practical non harmful energy, which seems to be hydrogen. Is Hydrogen The Best Option To Replace Natural Gas In The Home? Looking At The Numbers.

And who knows after that? Science is always looking ahead to the next big thing. We needn't stay stuck where
are and if you can afford the EV, with all it's own specific environmental limitations and hazards then good for
you.
But for the masses I'm afraid the EV is a pipe dream and not a solution at all.

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
No, the article is badly written. It's all new ICE vehicles after 2030. So any vehicle registered from 2030 onwards (as the n a new vehicle) will need to be electric.

No harm in running your current ICE vehicle and buying and selling second hand ICE vehicles after 2030.

No, the article is badly written. It's all new ICE vehicles after 2030. So any vehicle registered from 2030 onwards (as the n a new vehicle) will need to be electric.

No harm in running your current ICE vehicle and buying and selling second hand ICE vehicles after 2030.
Didn't Inslee's edict say no ICE registrations as well as sales and transfers?

Idiots. Are they going to buy every low-income person a $50,000 EV, or just make them walk to work?
Not to come off as a dick, but poor people won’t buy new cars. Not that I like the bill. Just provided fact.

We have to (re-)register our vehicles annually. Way this reads, we won't be able to do that with any that aren't full EV from 2030 onward.

We have to (re-)register our vehicles annually. Way this reads, we won't be able to do that with any that aren't full EV from 2030 onward.

Almost.......

Forum List

Back