Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

1648392564501.png

1648392788706.png

1648392833873.png

1648393032002.png

1648393147300.png

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
Unable to rationally discuss your own thread?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BUTT HURT OF THE DAY

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Not when the other states have to subsidize their ass. What's gonna happen when the WA power grid is overloaded? Other states are going to have to redirect some of their power to them.
What makes you think the Power Grid will be overloaded?

Most charging is done overnight when the load on the grid is at its lowest

Perhaps Washington like California will elect a sane governor by then who will rescind the crazy laws.

EV driving range between charging isn't that great even in mild weather.
But in cold weather the EV driving range is reduced by around 40% and Washington state has very long cold winters. ... :cool:

"Darling is the wind blowing today? I want to go for a ride in our electric car...

Martha....its' cold outside and the battery ran down. The heater won't work because the battery ran down...

Martha...please hook the car up to the windmill so I can turn the heater on....."

:laughing0301:

Last edited:
"Darling is the wind blowing today? I want to go for a ride in our electric car...

Martha....its' cold outside and the battery ran down. The heater won't work because the battery ran down...

Martha...please hook the car up to the windmill so I can turn the heater on....."

:laughing0301:

Trump HATED Windmills

They cause cancer you know

They want to do this be 2035 here in Massachusetts. All it means to me is that I’ll never own a car manufactured after 2034.

What makes you think the Power Grid will be overloaded?

Most charging is done overnight when the load on the grid is at its lowest

At night in the winter when everyone has their home heating running? Yea right.

Bye-Bye, Gas Heat? Proposals For Washington Seek To Phase Out Fossil Fuel Heating In Buildings - Northwest Public Broadcastinghttps://www.nwpb.org/2021/01/25/bye...ek-to-phase-fossil-fuel-heating-in-buildings/

"Natural gas utilities and major business associations spoke against the state legislative proposal during an initial public hearing on Friday. The opponents said they want to preserve consumer choice and questioned whether the Pacific Northwest electric grid could handle a big increase in winter heating load."

Forum List

Back