Washington school district doesn't include Asian kids in 'students of color' category

How is grouping anyone by skin tone anything other than "racist"?

More like recognizing historical realities......

If you could refute her points, you wouldn't resort to being a racist.

Actually, I refute her points all the time, but because she is some kind of weird program someone slapped a picture of an Asian Chick on to, it doesn't actually respond on point.... Click, whirr... complain about a bad word.

Shit, it didn't even know it was being insulted until I made a crack about a Happy Ending Massage.

(Hey, do you really think I look like Harrison Ford? I don't. I do rock a fedora, though.)

What the hell?

A Washington state school district has removed Asians from a category denoting people of color in a report discussing opportunity and performance gaps, according to media reports.

North Thurston Public Schools lumped Asian and white students together in its equity report and measured their achievements against a student of color category that includes people of Black, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander and multi-racial students, according to Reason.com, a libertarian magazine.

The move drew scrutiny on social media.

"I guess we are "white" now," one user tweeted.

Asian privilege

Thank Gaea they have white liberals like you to save them.

Um, guy, I was the one calling for police reform years ago long before there were riots, when cases like Tamir Rice and Laquan McDonald were in the news. (Fun fact, the cop who shot McDonald is a friend of my brother. We aren't on speaking terms anymore).

I would have loved to have seen these issues addressed before there were any riots... But they weren't. Instead, they wrecked Colin Kapernick's career because he PEACEFULLY PROTESTED.

Would there have been riots if there had been covid. Maybe not. But it was like one fuckup after another compounding on each other.

By your standards, Blacks are FIVE GENERATIONS out of slavery. Asians, especially Chinese and Japanese were "invited" over here to perform low skilled labor at starvation wages, then discriminated against after building the railroads. Latino were never slaves and many were property owners in the west. Every immigrant group was discriminated against, hell, whites were discriminated against in Texas and California under Spanish and Mexican rule. Giving people a pass because of the color of their skin due to historical wrongs is just stupid. At least you could be consistent in your racism.

Latinos are suffering from CURRENT discrimination, as are blacks. Asians, not so much. Simply, it's not comparable, any more than it's comparable to say I should get better consideration because there was discrimination against German Immigrants between 1890 and 1930. It's nowhere near the same level as what African Americans have had to endure for 400 years.

By your standards, Blacks are FIVE GENERATIONS out of slavery. Asians, especially Chinese and Japanese were "invited" over here to perform low skilled labor at starvation wages, then discriminated against after building the railroads. Latino were never slaves and many were property owners in the west. Every immigrant group was discriminated against, hell, whites were discriminated against in Texas and California under Spanish and Mexican rule. Giving people a pass because of the color of their skin due to historical wrongs is just stupid. At least you could be consistent in your racism.

Latinos are suffering from CURRENT discrimination, as are blacks. Asians, not so much. Simply, it's not comparable, any more than it's comparable to say I should get better consideration because there was discrimination against German Immigrants between 1890 and 1930. It's nowhere near the same level as what African Americans have had to endure for 400 years.
So discrimination isn't based on skin color but on something else perhaps like how a group acts as a group?

Um, guy, I was the one calling for police reform years ago long before there were riots, when cases like Tamir Rice and Laquan McDonald were in the news. (Fun fact, the cop who shot McDonald is a friend of my brother. We aren't on speaking terms anymore).

I would have loved to have seen these issues addressed before there were any riots... But they weren't. Instead, they wrecked Colin Kapernick's career because he PEACEFULLY PROTESTED.

Would there have been riots if there had been covid. Maybe not. But it was like one fuckup after another compounding on each other.

Cap pissed on the American flag, he got what he deserved

So discrimination isn't based on skin color but on something else perhaps like how a group acts as a group?

Exactly, everyone is white now it appears if they are smart, you stupid?

Well they classify you as a minority

No, but keep trying to justify your racism, you'll get there eventually.

When did he do this? He refused to stand for the National Anthem. That was it. Because he lives in a country where people like him can be shot by police with no consequence....

Frankly, when I was in the service, they ruled on the flag burning law. The right to protest is something that is more sacred than a song or a piece of cloth.

No, but keep trying to justify your racism, you'll get there eventually.

When did he do this? He refused to stand for the National Anthem. That was it. Because he lives in a country where people like him can be shot by police with no consequence....

Frankly, when I was in the service, they ruled on the flag burning law. The right to protest is something that is more sacred than a song or a piece of cloth.

So the flag is just a piece of cloth to you?

What's next you gonna kill bald eagles?

Well, no, they are an endangered species, and beautiful animals.

They are not sacred relics. Neither is a flag. Neither is a song.

America is her principles, not her symbols. And when you have police shooting black kids in the back and there's no consequences for it, then we aren't living up to our principles. We need to work on that.

Well, no, they are an endangered species, and beautiful animals.

They are not sacred relics. Neither is a flag. Neither is a song.

America is her principles, not her symbols. And when you have police shooting black kids in the back and there's no consequences for it, then we aren't living up to our principles. We need to work on that.

So you're admitting the flag is a symbol of america, the bald eagle is a symbol of america, why destroy it unless you hate America?

And criminals shot, that's what happens when you commit a crime.

So you're admitting the flag is a symbol of america, the bald eagle is a symbol of america, why destroy it unless you hate America?

Uh, no, I support the right to destroy symbols as a constitutionally protected right to protest.... (Not Eagles, though, they are protected.)

Really? Did they have a trial and were they found guilty when they were shot. I know, this is one of those pesky constitutional rights you guys only seem to think apply to white people.

Uh, no, I support the right to destroy symbols as a constitutionally protected right to protest.... (Not Eagles, though, they are protected.)

Really? Did they have a trial and were they found guilty when they were shot. I know, this is one of those pesky constitutional rights you guys only seem to think apply to white people.
Do you think the cops didn't know the suspect personally and was on watch for a dangerous armed man?

Cops are not stupid in their communities

"Hey beware on the look out of devon he screwed up again and might be armed and dangerous to the city at large"

The cops respond" not that asshole again"

People "of color" are typically Hispanic or Latino in the U.S.A. --- not exclusively by any means, but generally.

Potentially any race except for Nordic or northern Europeans might consider themselves "of color."
Eyes: blue green hazel brown
Hair: blonde red brown black
People are suddenly too sensitive about the hue or complexion of their skin to list it on their driver's license, but then again, even at that it is really very bad judgment to require eye and hair color classifications for identifcation.

Do you think the cops didn't know the suspect personally and was on watch for a dangerous armed man?

I think cops engage in misconduct because the system is designed to protect them.

Tamir Rice. Botham Jeane. Breonna Taylor. Laquan McDonald.

None of these people were armed or dangerous. Some of them were minding their own business in their own homes.

Actually, I refute her points all the time, but because she is some kind of weird program someone slapped a picture of an Asian Chick on to, it doesn't actually respond on point.... Click, whirr... complain about a bad word.

Shit, it didn't even know it was being insulted until I made a crack about a Happy Ending Massage.

(Hey, do you really think I look like Harrison Ford? I don't. I do rock a fedora, though.)
Racism is a historical reality. It is also a historical error. Continuing only worsens the mistake.

You don't refute anything, Soviet Man.

You're just so angry that a woman is smarter than you. You're racist AND sexist.

You take your White Man's Burden seriously, don't you? Those poor not-whites, needing someone to lead them by the hand.

Forum List

Back