Washington Redskins trademark cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Green Bay has their team of lawyers on speed dial. novasteve is probably rushing around buying up all the merchandise he can get his hands on.

"The group argued that the Redskins should lose their federal trademark protection based on a law that prohibits registered names that are disparaging, scandalous, contemptuous or disreputable. The case involves six registered trademarks that involve the use of the word Redskins, but it does not apply to the team's logo."...

Really?... Seems like a LOT of things could fall under that one. "You might be a Redneck if" has a "Common Law Trademark" on it that the Feds Respect and a Court has upheld... Give it some thought...

Maybe the United States should just change it's name the "Thinskins".

:)

peace...

is the term redneck trademarked? no

common law trademark? you might want to look into that.

or maybe people should stop going out of their way to be offensive. I don't think anyone would want to see a team called the san diego white trash.

"The group argued that the Redskins should lose their federal trademark protection based on a law that prohibits registered names that are disparaging, scandalous, contemptuous or disreputable. The case involves six registered trademarks that involve the use of the word Redskins, but it does not apply to the team's logo."...

Really?... Seems like a LOT of things could fall under that one. "You might be a Redneck if" has a "Common Law Trademark" on it that the Feds Respect and a Court has upheld... Give it some thought...

peace...

or maybe people should stop going out of their way to be offensive. I don't think anyone would want to see a team called the san diego white trash.

There was a Case about it and Jeff's phrase was "Common Law Trademarked" and he won...

Look it up, Lawyer. :thup:

peace...

peace...

:cuckoo:
The poseur attorney chimes in once again proving she knows nothing.

peace...

:cuckoo:
The poseur attorney chimes in once again proving she knows nothing.

in other words, you're clueless and dumb as toast.

thanks for playing.

of course, you also wish I was a poseur.

which further makes you clueless and dumb as toast.

now go back to posting garbage from your mommy's basement.

Last edited:

peace...

The Fighting Irish mascot's appearance is based upon the old semi-simian stereotype of Irishmen. I'm sure some people of Irish descent have an issue with it, but no one seems to care about that.

fighting_irish.jpg

peace...

There was a Case about it and Jeff's phrase was "Common Law Trademarked" and he won...

Look it up, Lawyer. :thup:

peace...

jeff who? and what case, dear? at what appellate level?

you do know those things matter, right?

peace...

The Fighting Irish mascot's appearance is based upon the old semi-simian stereotype of Irishmen. I'm sure some people of Irish descent have an issue with it, but no one seems to care about that.

fighting_irish.jpg

I haven't heard any people of irish decent complaining about it. the irish people I know always liked it.

but then again fighting irish isn't a racial slur. I suspect if the team were the "fighting micks" they'd feel about like the native americans do since that's more on par.

peace...

fighting_irish.jpg

That offends me. My beard is much nicer than that.

President Obama is Stripping Washington Redskins Trademarks After Owner Refused to Give Up Team Name
This is how the Obama administration rolls. Get in a confrontation with the president, and some IRS branch patent office makes trouble for you. That’s how “community organizers” do business. That’s the Chicago Way.

This stuff dictators do.

Good for President Obama! They should change the name from the Redskins to the "Whiteskins".

As for that Marine in Mexico... what the fuck is Sarah Palin and the Republicans doing about it? Not a damn thing! They don't give a shit!

This is Obama, and his little minority of pussies that have caused this ruling.

While this ruling is certainly bothersome...how are you blaming Obama when the courts made the same ruling 10 years ago. This fight is much older than Obama, so why is it now his fault?

I know how the teapers have knee jerk reactions...so before I am called a liberal and every other name in the book, I am against changing the name of the Washington Redskins - I just think it is idiotic to blame Obama for everything that happens in the world that you disagree with.

President Obama is Stripping Washington Redskins Trademarks After Owner Refused to Give Up Team Name
This is how the Obama administration rolls. Get in a confrontation with the president, and some IRS branch patent office makes trouble for you. That’s how “community organizers” do business. That’s the Chicago Way.

This stuff dictators do.

Good for President Obama! They should change the name from the Redskins to the "Whiteskins".

As for that Marine in Mexico... what the fuck is Sarah Palin and the Republicans doing about it? Not a damn thing! They don't give a shit!

We need to go after Cracker barrel. That is offensive to white people:cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back