Washington Redskins To Change Team Name

I have the new name for the Redskins the Washington Blanks it's dull, bland, generic and should offend no one. In fact it allows the individual to in their own mind fill in the blank with whatever name they want. I would love to see Snyder put this out there just to see what the reaction would be.

Hardly.

Fed Ex's bottom line doesn't hinge on their relationship with a football team...

No...but breach of contract and penalty clauses can be quite painful!

I'm not a lawyer, but I have to believe there are clauses in the contracts which would allow for circumstances under which either party can terminate the agreement.

Regardless, FedEx had revenue last year just short of $70 billion. Any award from a court would be a drop in the bucket compared to that...

All it took to finally get team owner Dan Snyder's attention was MONEY (major sponsors fleeing).

That’s one of the worst parts of it, so far as I’m concerned. He portrayed himself as a Fan-Owner when he bought the team in 1999. That lasted for probably a decade, with the team gaining the “Offseason Champions” title quite a few times.

As things have progressed he’s turned more into a corporate and league shill who has no spine and has bought into the Strong League-Weak Team dynamic that was created by the 1994 CBA and Salary Cap/Revenue Sharing system.

If/when this name change occurs I will have only one wish in life... 5 minutes locked in a room with Dan Snyder. TWO MEN ENTER... ONE MAN LEAVES.

Yet teams change their name all the time. Its not that much of a big deal. Unless you make it a big deal. They will still come especially if you win.

Trivia question ? how many professional sports team still have the same name.

Rangers being one of them in both baseball and hockey

Patriots never changed (since the founding as the Boston Patriots in 1959). Nor did the Bruins (1924) or Celtics (1946).

well they usually consider even the changing of the city from Boston to New England as a name change.

Celics yeah

Bruins yeah

All it took to finally get team owner Dan Snyder's attention was MONEY (major sponsors fleeing).
Yeah, and hopefully the American people will take heed to the strategy, and start suffering all their corporate enemies who have basically undermined this country with their money.

It's time to do your homework people, and it's time to BOYCOTT... I know you all hate that word, but it's way past time if you want to save this country. Cut your enemies off from their supply lines, and watch as the landscape changes dramatically.

Yet teams change their name all the time. Its not that much of a big deal. Unless you make it a big deal. They will still come especially if you win.

Trivia question ? how many professional sports team still have the same name.

Rangers being one of them in both baseball and hockey

Patriots never changed (since the founding as the Boston Patriots in 1959). Nor did the Bruins (1924) or Celtics (1946).

well they usually consider even the changing of the city from Boston to New England as a name change.

Celics yeah

Bruins yeah

Well, no...they are still the Patriots, they just haven't played in Boston since 1970. The Rams, Chargers, Colts, and Raiders haven't changed their name despite moving.

Washington Redsky

Ominous when sky is red like fire and still has red in name

4772sj.jpg

Forum List

Back