Was This Sherriff Wrongfully Charged??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A local sheriff faces serious felony charges for allegedly threatening a youth group with a gun in November. The Idaho Attorney General’s Office charged Bingham County Sheriff Craig Rowland on Tuesday with felony aggravated battery, felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor exhibition of a gun. On Nov. 9, a church youth group was placing “thankful turkeys” on the doors of members of their congregation. The activity involved several girls ages 12 to 16 writing notes of thanks shaped like turkeys, taping them on doors, ringing doorbells and running away before they could get caught by the occupants.

Around 8 p.m., Rowland said he heard his front screen door open and a knock at his door. Fearing someone was trying to break into his house, Rowland had his wife bring him his gun. Rowland said he saw a vehicle driving down the road, which he stopped. Rowland said the car did not look familiar and the driver of the car stopped and opened the driver’s side door. “I reach in and pull the driver out by the hair,” Rowland told investigators, according to court documents. “I say, ‘Who the f*** are you?’ And I do have a gun in my hand, but I still have my finger on the slide.”

Rowland told investigators he pointed the gun at the woman’s head. The woman later identified herself as a neighbor and family friend for over three decades. Rowland said he did not recognize her. He continued yelling profanities at the woman and girls and pointed his weapon at the woman. Rowland said. “I have had drunk Indians drive down my cul-de-sac. I’ve had drunk Indians come to my door. I live just off the reservation, we have a lot of reservation people around us that are not good people.”

This seems like a text-book case of over charging a trusted member of law enforcement...the guy obviously made a mistake but not something he should be charged for....who should be charged are these idiotic Mormons who thought ringing doorbells and knocking on doors at night was a good idea...and what a shitty neighbor you gotta be to call the cops on a guy who obviously thought you were a bunch of drunk ass no-good Indians....You know as well as he does that there are reservations nearby; full of these drunks....why call the cops on someone for reacting in a way that any normal person would react?

"A local sheriff faces serious felony charges for allegedly threatening a youth group with a gun in November. The Idaho Attorney General’s Office charged Bingham County Sheriff Craig Rowland on Tuesday with felony aggravated battery, felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor exhibition of a gun. On Nov. 9, a church youth group was placing “thankful turkeys” on the doors of members of their congregation. The activity involved several girls ages 12 to 16 writing notes of thanks shaped like turkeys, taping them on doors, ringing doorbells and running away before they could get caught by the occupants.

Around 8 p.m., Rowland said he heard his front screen door open and a knock at his door. Fearing someone was trying to break into his house, Rowland had his wife bring him his gun. Rowland said he saw a vehicle driving down the road, which he stopped. Rowland said the car did not look familiar and the driver of the car stopped and opened the driver’s side door. “I reach in and pull the driver out by the hair,” Rowland told investigators, according to court documents
. “I say, ‘Who the f*** are you?’ And I do have a gun in my hand, but I still have my finger on the slide.”

Rowland told investigators he pointed the gun at the woman’s head. The woman later identified herself as a neighbor and family friend for over three decades. Rowland said he did not recognize her. He continued yelling profanities at the woman and girls and pointed his weapon at the woman. Rowland said. “I have had drunk Indians drive down my cul-de-sac. I’ve had drunk Indians come to my door. I live just off the reservation, we have a lot of reservation people around us that are not good people.”

This seems like a text-book case of over charging a trusted member of law enforcement...the guy obviously made a mistake but not something he should be charged for....who should be charged are these idiotic Mormons who thought ringing doorbells and knocking on doors at night was a good idea...and what a shitty neighbor you gotta be to call the cops on a guy who obviously thought you were a bunch of drunk ass no-good Indians....You know as well as he does that there are reservations nearby; full of these drunks....why call the cops on someone for reacting in a way that any normal person would react?
You got some serious race issues dude. You're a trained Schvartze organ grinding monkey.........................God what a fucking tool you are. It is a shame by law we have to keep you here

Around 8 p.m., Rowland said he heard his front screen door open and a knock at his door. Fearing someone was trying to break into his house, Rowland had his wife bring him his gun. Rowland said he saw a vehicle driving down the road, which he stopped. Rowland said the car did not look familiar and the driver of the car stopped and opened the driver’s side door. “I reach in and pull the driver out by the hair,” Rowland told investigators, according to court documents
. “I say, ‘Who the f*** are you?’ And I do have a gun in my hand, but I still have my finger on the slide.”

You really have to dig deep for these stories!

The sheriff was way out of line and probably intoxicated

But my guess is he has a good service record and the church members will not press charges

So the gun/police haters will have to make a federal case out of it

Fn Biff

No normal person would chase a car down and then pull the driver out by her hair and point a gun at their head just for ringing a doorbell.

You got some serious race issues dude. You're a trained Schvartze organ grinding monkey.........................God what a fucking tool you are. It is a shame by law we have to keep you here
^^ Triggered ^^

Funny how me quoting what the so-called Sheriff said in the article is what triggered you...not the fact that it happened..

Shut yo goofy ass up

Way to presume guilt.
True, he is innocent until proven guilty...

But...do you think he should be charged tho??

I mean he admitted he did all that is detailed in the story...some people may say that is an "ADMISSION OF GUILT" .....

The sheriff was way out of line and probably intoxicated

But my guess is he has a good service record and the church members will not press charges

So the gun/police haters will have to make a federal case out of it
He is already charged...

The reason he was charged in the first place is because those church members called the cops....

True, he is innocent until proven guilty...

But...do you think he should be charged tho??

I mean he admitted he did all that is detailed in the story...some people may say that is an "ADMISSION OF GUILT" .....
Biff. With all due respect, do YOU think that the marginal information you got from that article provides you with enough information to determine whether he should be even charged? Some of his spoken words (if he was quoted accurately and fairly) seem to suggest that he has a bias against drunken Indians from the reservation. But is that determinative?

I believe it is still legal to ring a doorbell even if you are an Indian.
Maybe. Maybe not. For example: is residential portion of his land “fenced in?” Has he posted a “no trespassers” sign of some kind?

If the door bell ringers were intoxicated at the time, do we know if they had done or said anything indicative of a mal-intent?

I suggest that we don’t know precisely what happened. And a good investigation really should precede an arrest (probable cause) and a charging determination.

The reason he was charged in the first place is because those church members called the cops....
But did they press charges?

Or did a politically ambitious attorney general in the capital see a chance to get in on the national cop bashing?

Forum List

Back