Was John McCain secretly working for the Vietcong?

You have to wonder after all these years. He claimed he was "suicidal" and that's why he made anti-American remarks. Remarks he later said he felt "ashamed" of saying. But of course that shame was after he was released.

Has the man been a fraud all along?

I have to wonder since he's currently furthering the talking points of terrorists.

:(

John McCain walked away from his unit and sought out the Vietcong? Wow, I didn't know that. Do you have a link?
Nope. I'm just following McCain's lead.

He flew out of his post and ended up in enemy hands.

Why? Was it purposeful? We have a right to a trial.

You have to wonder after all these years. He claimed he was "suicidal" and that's why he made anti-American remarks. Remarks he later said he felt "ashamed" of saying. But of course that shame was after he was released.

I have to wonder since he's currently furthering the talking points of terrorists.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Do you even know the story of how and why it happened?

John McCain sat on a stool in Hanoi, his teeth broken, his body battered from a savage beating, his arms tied behind him in torture ropes.
The torture ropes; Returned prisoners described the torturers' use of "the ropes".
They said the North Vietnamese would pull the prisoners arms behind him and tie them together at the elbows.
The prisoner's wrists were then locked in "torture cuffs" and "jumbo irons" were placed over his ankles.
A two-inch thick bar was slid through the "jumbo irons".
The torturers then looped a rope around the bar, over his shoulders, pulling the prisoner's head between his knees.

A guard entered the room.

"Are you ready to confess your crimes?" he asked.

"No," McCain replied.

Every two hours, one guard would hold McCain while two others beat him. They kept it up for four days.

Finally, McCain lay on the floor at "The Plantation," a bloody mess, unable to move. His right leg, injured when he was shot down, was horribly swollen. A guard yanked him to his feet and threw him down. His left arm smashed against a bucket and broke again.

"I reached the lowest point of my 5 years in North Vietnam," McCain would write later. "I was at the point of suicide."

What happened next, in that August of 1968, nearly a year after he was captured, is chronicled in The Nightingale's Song by Robert Timberg:

"(McCain) looked at the louvered cell window high above his head, then at the small stool in the room. He took off his dark blue prison shirt, rolled it like a rope, draped one end over his shoulder near his neck, began feeding the other end through the louvers."

A guard burst into the cell and pulled McCain away from the window. For the next few days, he was on suicide watch.

McCain's will had finally wilted under the beatings. Unable to endure any more, he agreed to sign a confession.

McCain slowly wrote, "I am a black criminal and I have performed the deeds of an air pirate. I almost died and the Vietnamese people saved my life, thanks to the doctors."

He would never forgive himself.

"I had learned what we all learned over there," he would write later. "Every man has a breaking point. I had reached mine."

I get upset at some of his politics as my Senator, but never over what happened to him and what he said or wrote as a POW.

How well would you do with your teeth broken, your body battered from a savage beatings and your arms tied behind you in torture ropes.

Democrats see obama literally flaming out in front of their eyes. They are desperate to find something, anything, to divert attention back to republicans. It's almost laughable how they are trying to reinflate old trial balloons that have been shot down long ago. They kept it going with Bush for awhile. Reached back to Reagan in the 80s. That didn't work. Now it's dig up the bones of the 60s.

It's not going to work. Obama has run into his iceberg. The democrat ship is sinking. Just take your medicine like good little children.
This thread is about McCain.

Nice try at deflection, asshole.

Yoo hoo, McCain is not longer running no need to smear another vet.

I would stack this military record against both Obama's and Clinton's combined.

I don't care what he said in captivity and I think it is disrespectful to vets for you do so.

While neither Obama or Clinton were ever in the military, McCain does not have a stellar military career. Quite the opposite - he was quite the fuck-up, causing death and destruction on a ship, and crashing planes.

I've thought he was dishonorable ever since he was involved in the shady S&L crisis 25 years ago.
Seems pretty obvious in hindsight.

Is it too late for a court martial trial for McCain? After all, if he's innocent he has nothing to lose.

Democrats see obama literally flaming out in front of their eyes. They are desperate to find something, anything, to divert attention back to republicans. It's almost laughable how they are trying to reinflate old trial balloons that have been shot down long ago. They kept it going with Bush for awhile. Reached back to Reagan in the 80s. That didn't work. Now it's dig up the bones of the 60s.

It's not going to work. Obama has run into his iceberg. The democrat ship is sinking. Just take your medicine like good little children.
This thread is about McCain.

Nice try at deflection, asshole.

It's only about McCain because he's the bed you are trying to hide under.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Do you even know the story of how and why it happened?

John McCain sat on a stool in Hanoi, his teeth broken, his body battered from a savage beating, his arms tied behind him in torture ropes.
The torture ropes; Returned prisoners described the torturers' use of "the ropes".
They said the North Vietnamese would pull the prisoners arms behind him and tie them together at the elbows.
The prisoner's wrists were then locked in "torture cuffs" and "jumbo irons" were placed over his ankles.
A two-inch thick bar was slid through the "jumbo irons".
The torturers then looped a rope around the bar, over his shoulders, pulling the prisoner's head between his knees.

A guard entered the room.

"Are you ready to confess your crimes?" he asked.

"No," McCain replied.

Every two hours, one guard would hold McCain while two others beat him. They kept it up for four days.

Finally, McCain lay on the floor at "The Plantation," a bloody mess, unable to move. His right leg, injured when he was shot down, was horribly swollen. A guard yanked him to his feet and threw him down. His left arm smashed against a bucket and broke again.

"I reached the lowest point of my 5 years in North Vietnam," McCain would write later. "I was at the point of suicide."

What happened next, in that August of 1968, nearly a year after he was captured, is chronicled in The Nightingale's Song by Robert Timberg:

"(McCain) looked at the louvered cell window high above his head, then at the small stool in the room. He took off his dark blue prison shirt, rolled it like a rope, draped one end over his shoulder near his neck, began feeding the other end through the louvers."

A guard burst into the cell and pulled McCain away from the window. For the next few days, he was on suicide watch.

McCain's will had finally wilted under the beatings. Unable to endure any more, he agreed to sign a confession.

McCain slowly wrote, "I am a black criminal and I have performed the deeds of an air pirate. I almost died and the Vietnamese people saved my life, thanks to the doctors."

He would never forgive himself.

"I had learned what we all learned over there," he would write later. "Every man has a breaking point. I had reached mine."

I get upset at some of his politics as my Senator, but never over what happened to him and what he said or wrote as a POW.

How well would you do with your teeth broken, your body battered from a savage beatings and your arms tied behind you in torture ropes.

I didn't read your whole post but I do remember that McCain was taught in school to make the Vietnamese sound subhuman for torturing people and that always stuck with me and made me not want to be like them. Which is why I was always against waterboarding.

But that is immaterial to the thread. McCain could very well have been faking it and sympathizing with the VC. Where is the trial?

This belongs in the conspiracy theory forum. Kinda out there.

i think rav is probably trying to make a point about some of the things berdahl has said under duress...

Close. It's more about being in a bad place and making survival choices. And not condemning people for their choices without a trial.

Or saying they aren't worth saving because of a personal, misguided opinion.

I've given McCain the benefit of the doubt for a long time. But now I see how craven he really is.
I haven't seen anyone say he shouldn't be brought home. It was the conditions of the trade people are upset about, along with the lies.

Why do some here on the left deal only in the past, , many times thru false narratives, rather than the present? I think that is readily apparent.

i think rav is probably trying to make a point about some of the things berdahl has said under duress...

Close. It's more about being in a bad place and making survival choices. And not condemning people for their choices without a trial.

Or saying they aren't worth saving because of a personal, misguided opinion.

I've given McCain the benefit of the doubt for a long time. But now I see how craven he really is.
I haven't seen anyone say he shouldn't be brought home. It was the conditions of the trade people are upset about, along with the lies.
Are you kidding me? Some fucker GOPer today said he should have been shot. Without a trial.

Why do some here on the left deal only in the past, , many times thru false narratives, rather than the present? I think that is readily apparent.
Oh, I see. McCain's past doesn't matter. Someone said he was a hero so he's free to label others traitors without a trial.

Wasn't all this stuff debunked in 2008?
Debunked?
No.

Not covered by the 'Liberal Media'?
Yes.

Yeah right because the liberal media was all in for McCain in the 2008 Presidential race.
^ (Sarcasm)
I'm showing another example: that these decisions on what to cover and what not to cover are not determined by Liberal Media as much as cozy media. The media has been cozy with McCain for decades, and they have protected him from a discussion of his career, in total. There are many of these protected figures in public life.

I doubt it.....

....but here's hoping that his daughter, Meghan, is!

That would serve them Cong right!!!

What? McCain could have been a traitor? Wow! I demand a hearing.

He didn't grow a beard in captivity? Shit...that's suspicious. And them he returned and became a Senator? What is this.......Homeland?

Wow.

The liberals are really getting desperate.

Now they're actually attacking John McCain as a traitor, in their attempts to pretend that what Bergdahl did is somehow OK?

Are there any depths these liberals' mendacity won't fall to?

Forum List

Back