Was A&E wrong to put Phil Robertson on hiatus (Duck Dynasty)

Was A&E wrong to put Phil Robertson on hiatus (Duck Dynasty)

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
If the dude breached any agreement in his contract, then the network was in the right. If, however, there is no bind in the contract (which I am certain that there is) then he has ground for legal recourse. But ultimately, it should be the contract that determines such a dispute.

Without a contract, the network is private and can make their own decision regardless of public outcry or whining,.

Having a right does not make it right.

Moral implications are irrelevant.

If the dude breached any agreement in his contract, then the network was in the right. If, however, there is no bind in the contract (which I am certain that there is) then he has ground for legal recourse. But ultimately, it should be the contract that determines such a dispute.

Without a contract, the network is private and can make their own decision regardless of public outcry or whining,.

Having a right does not make it right.

Why because you say so?

Do you see nothing wrong in punishing a person simply because they have a different belief system than you?

And I should add it's a belief system that about 80 percent of the country shares.

Voted no, I wouldn't want a man like that representing a show I was directly involved in. He has every right to his opinion, but just like anything there are consequences to ones opinion(s) good or bad.

Good decision on A & E's part...he needs to go for good. No need for apologies or press conferences. Those are his beliefs.

He's not allowed to have beliefs different from A&E?

Really?

Why because you say so?

Do you see nothing wrong in punishing a person simply because they have a different belief system than you?

And I should add it's a belief system that about 80 percent of the country shares.

My moral judgments are irrelevant to A&E as they should be.

As Edmund Burke said all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I refuse to sit and do nothing.

So you think you have the moral authoirty to interfere with a private entity? Go ahead and boycott A&E. Go ahead and scream in protest. You have every right to do so. And A&E has every right to completely ignore you should they choose to do so.

So you think you have the moral authoirty to interfere with a private entity? Go ahead and boycott A&E. Go ahead and scream in protest. You have every right to do so. And A&E has every right to completely ignore you should they choose to do so.

Yes I do have the authority to choose whether or not to patronize a private entity on any grounds, moral or otherwise. And I hope that it would indeed interfere with their enterprise.

Yes I do have the authority to choose whether or not to patronize a private entity on any grounds, moral or otherwise. And I hope that it would indeed interfere with their enterprise.

Hoping for interference by using your consumer power vote is vastly different than the interference I was implying.

This is only an opinion poll. There is no right or wrong related to the subject itself. The right or wrong is based on your own personal feelings and beliefs.

In the end - it does not matter.

My personal belief on this? I would shake his hand for sticking to what he said and not backing down because of "pressure". He knows he's not the center of the universe.

I voted "pineapple" because who gives a shit. It's a freaking television show. Who cares.

What TakeAStepBack said. Over and over.

Forum List

Back