Wary of Trump - Canada to make 'substantial' boost to military spending

You guys ever watch Canadian football? Guys lined up in Parka's and mittens wearing snow shoes on a ice floe? And as far as the military who wants to invade northern Canada? Geese?
Sweden.

They plan to take over

something tells me this thread isn't going the OP's way.

pity he's to stewpud to learn from this.

When was the last time you heard Canadian leaders express fear about a U.S. president's leadership and support?
Who cares? What are they going to do? Stop allowing their citizens to travel to the US for superior healthcare?

Don't you care about our northern neighbor?
I do. Will the laughable increase in defense spending raise my ski ticket lift prices?

Is Canada still even up there? Last news I heard come out of there was the number of Canadian actors that move down here for jobs in LA or the number of people coming here for healthcare. Does Canada even have a military? I guess when you have nothing, any increase in spending is a big boost. If they have been counting on us to defend them, they have another thing coming. Canada! Get off your lazy asses and start defending yourself instead of expecting the American taxpayer to do all the heavy lifting for you!

If this is another criticism of Trump, I call it a feather in his cap! Viva La Trump! More money he saved to spend on our own infrastructure.

Canadian soldiers are fighting ISIS.
Well, they better get on their game. Like obama, they managed to miss mile long convoys.

Sounds like Trump is killing more civilians than terrorists.
Link?

Funny. Let me know if you want some more...

I think it has to do with Canada spending money but giving the optics they are doing it in spite of Trump, not because of Trump. So, for instance, Canada knows it has been lagging in it's commitments, but they don't want to give the appearance that Trumps public demands for other NATO members to pull their weight is the reason they are increasing their military, but, it certainly is at least partially.

Furthermore, it wants to also show other NATO members outside of Trump who is obviously clear about his opinion, that Canada is indeed a reliable military partner.

I have always felt bad for our military, they are the salt of the earth, I have family who served. The problem is that our governments have constantly shortchanged them. Canadian soldiers are like any soldier who is fighting for a righteous cause, they will lay down their life for it. Many of ours have died in Afghanistan.

Bottom line, Trump is impacting the world in ways that need to be done (in most instances). As I said, China, Mexico, Canada in that order in regards to trade. Europe in regards to military obligations and the issue of terrorism.

When was the last time you heard Canadian leaders express fear about a U.S. president's leadership and support?
It's about time the were worried about our support. They've been taking it for granted until now.
You have that - reversed.
No I don't.
Oh, but you do.

I think it has to do with Canada spending money but giving the optics they are doing it in spite of Trump, not because of Trump. So, for instance, Canada knows it has been lagging in it's commitments, but they don't want to give the appearance that Trumps public demands for other NATO members to pull their weight is the reason they are increasing their military, but, it certainly is at least partially.

Furthermore, it wants to also show other NATO members outside of Trump who is obviously clear about his opinion, that Canada is indeed a reliable military partner.

I have always felt bad for our military, they are the salt of the earth, I have family who served. The problem is that our governments have constantly shortchanged them. Canadian soldiers are like any soldier who is fighting for a righteous cause, they will lay down their life for it. Many of ours have died in Afghanistan.

Bottom line, Trump is impacting the world in ways that need to be done (in most instances). As I said, China, Mexico, Canada in that order in regards to trade. Europe in regards to military obligations and the issue of terrorism.

Last I heard, 159 Canadian soldiers died in Afghanistan. Does that sound about right?

It's about time the were worried about our support. They've been taking it for granted until now.
No I don't.
Oh, but you do.
Oh, but I don't.

No I don't.
Oh, but you do.
Oh, but I don't.
What a child you are.

Fake Indian, are we including sponsored kills? Obama sent $500 million in weapons after cutting and running leaving hundreds of millions in equipment and weapons behind.

Forum List

Back