Warren Ripped for Endorsing Clinton

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
"For those listening carefully, there were some notable moments in the Maddow interview with Senator Warren on Thursday evening. At one point, Warren attempted to show how cold and calculating the Republican Presidential candidate, Donald Trump, was during the housing crash. Warren stated:

“'Look, I’ll pick one example when we talk about him and that is the housing crisis. Remember where Donald Trump was in this? In 2007, before the big explosion in 2008, a lot of people are starting to look around and say, whoa, we’ve got an inflated bubble here, there’s going to be trouble coming. And Donald Trump said, was quoted, he was excited for the crash because he knew how to make money off it. He was rooting for an economic crash because it was going to help line his pockets. What kind of a person does something like that? What kind of a person roots for people to be kicked out of their home? What kind of a person does that?'”

"This was the perfect opportunity for Maddow to say to Warren, 'Well, the kind of people that do something like that are the very people on Wall Street that are funding your endorsee’s political campaign.'

"Both Goldman Sachs and Citigroup made wagers that homeowners would default on their subprime mortgages after both firms participated in building this pile of toxic waste.

"Not only did Goldman Sachs personally pay Hillary Clinton $675,000 for three speeches but it and Citigroup rank among her top four lifetime political campaign donors according to the Center for Responsive Politics."
Wall Street On Parade
Warren's failure to support Bernie when it could have mattered makes me wonder if she's holding out hope for a VP spot with Clinton?

Elizabeth Warren Bought Foreclosed Homes to Make a Quick Profit

early two years after Veo Vessels died, her daughter, 70-year-old Mary Frances Hickman, decided to sell the home her mother had left to her. A sprawling brick house in Oklahoma City’s historic Highland Park neighborhood, it was built in 1924, just a year after Mary’s birth. Decades later, one of Vessels’ great-grandchildren fondly recalls the wood and tile floors, the fish pond, the butler’s quarters, and the multi-car garage where children played house. “It was really, really nice,” says Hickman’s granddaughter, Andrea Martin. That’s part of the reason she’s so surprised her grandmother sold the home in 1993 for a mere $30,000. Despite a debilitating stroke, Martin says Hickman remained sharp, and she had always been business-savvy. As an Avon saleswoman, she had at times ranked among the top ten in the country. “So I don’t know why,” Martin says. “Maybe she just wanted out from underneath it, but to sell it for such a low number — I don’t know. Maybe she got bad advice, maybe she was just tired.” The home’s new owner: Elizabeth Warren, today a Massachusetts senator who has built a political career on denouncing the sort of banking titans and financial sophisticates who make a buck off the little guy. Five months after purchasing Veo Vessels’ old home, Warren flipped the property, selling it for $115,000 more than she’d paid, according to Oklahoma County Property Assessor records.

Read more at: Elizabeth Warren Bought Foreclosed Homes to Make a Quick Profit

"For those listening carefully, there were some notable moments in the Maddow interview with Senator Warren on Thursday evening. At one point, Warren attempted to show how cold and calculating the Republican Presidential candidate, Donald Trump, was during the housing crash. Warren stated:

“'Look, I’ll pick one example when we talk about him and that is the housing crisis. Remember where Donald Trump was in this? In 2007, before the big explosion in 2008, a lot of people are starting to look around and say, whoa, we’ve got an inflated bubble here, there’s going to be trouble coming. And Donald Trump said, was quoted, he was excited for the crash because he knew how to make money off it. He was rooting for an economic crash because it was going to help line his pockets. What kind of a person does something like that? What kind of a person roots for people to be kicked out of their home? What kind of a person does that?'”

"This was the perfect opportunity for Maddow to say to Warren, 'Well, the kind of people that do something like that are the very people on Wall Street that are funding your endorsee’s political campaign.'

"Both Goldman Sachs and Citigroup made wagers that homeowners would default on their subprime mortgages after both firms participated in building this pile of toxic waste.

"Not only did Goldman Sachs personally pay Hillary Clinton $675,000 for three speeches but it and Citigroup rank among her top four lifetime political campaign donors according to the Center for Responsive Politics."
Wall Street On Parade
Warren's failure to support Bernie when it could have mattered makes me wonder if she's holding out hope for a VP spot with Clinton?
this saddens me.

Yeah, my respect for her plummeted to zero when I heard that; I held out hopes at one time that she really was different from the hacks but now it's obvious she has no real principles either.

But a 1997 Fordham Law Review piece described her as Harvard Law School's "first woman of color," based, according to the notes at the bottom of the story, on a "telephone interview with Michael Chmura, News Director, Harvard Law (Aug. 6, 1996)."

elizabeth_warren_frank.jpg

:badgrin: look at this women of color :lmao:

Fordham piece called Warren Harvard Law's 'first woman of color'

Oinklahoma is Indian country but a long way from Massachewsit. Her words screaming "what kind of man does that?" Ahhhh earth to squaw....a business man tries to make money providing a service. Go back to beantown and cash your graft payola checks.

I find it so hilariously dishonest and distorted when I hear people and polls say that Bernie could beat Trump by a greater margin. They fail to realize that unlike Hillary - Bernie has not had millions of dollars spent against him in attack ads. Republican big money would have crushed Bernie in the General Election.

I find it so hilariously dishonest and distorted when I hear people and polls say that Bernie could beat Trump by a greater margin. They fail to realize that unlike Hillary - Bernie has not had millions of dollars spent against him in attack ads. Republican big money would have crushed Bernie in the General Election.
STFU tard...dont you have a buffaloe to skin?

Wall Street On Parade

Goldman and Citigroup lost billions after homeowners defaulted.

STFU tard...dont you have a buffaloe to skin?

Nope, it's already been turned into jerky. Good stuff...

Most of the staff of the National Review did what they are accusing Warren of doing.

That is what the staff was doing in condemning agricultural subsidies for sheep operations back in the late 1990s when they were doing.

Ask Rich L about it. He was one of them.

Forum List

Back