Warren Buffett Says its Fair to Raise Taxes on Rich

You didn't respond to any of the points I made. Please respond:

No...you are allowed to voice your opinion all you like. But, to have a valid opinion, you must back up your opinion with facts.

Instead of backing up your opinion with facts, you merely state others need to learn Econ 101. BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE A DEGREE IN ECONOMICS. So, you cannot claim others need to get educated. Because you aren't. Get it?

so lets listen to the educated one and raise taxes

where do we raise them to? 70% top rate as they were under Pres Peanut Carter

No. Once again you show you ignorance.

I want lower taxes than you do. But you cannot tell someone to get educated on economics (like you did to Toro) when you are uneducated on economics yourself. Get it?

No. Once again you show you ignorance.

I want lower taxes than you do. But you cannot tell someone to get educated on economics (like you did to Toro) when you are uneducated on economics yourself. Get it?

when he says we need higher taxes- I can and will

You believe it is acceptable for you, who is uneducated regarding economics, to tell someone who is educated on economics, to learn economics?

Don't you realize how unintelligent you sound?

So because he has a degree, it is OK to say it is good idea to raise taxes?

NO. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLICY.

YOU are uneducated regarding Economics.
TORO is educated regarding Economics
Therefore, you CANNOT IN GOOD CONSCIENCE tell him HE is uneducated.

GET IT?

First you say you are for lower taxes -then you support a guy who says we need higher taxes

You have more positions on the issue then John Kerry

We raise them to the point where we cover the deficit. Period.

Remember, under Slick Willie, we raised taxes, we had a surplus, and we had higher growth than under Bush. So that obliterates the argument that raising taxes hurts the economy. (To a point.)

Its okay for someone who doesn't have a degree to disagree with someone who has one. These are not settled issues in economics. Some economists want higher taxes, others want lower.

To cover the deficit. Period.

Its okay for someone who doesn't have a degree to disagree with someone who has one. These are not settled issues in economics. Some economists want higher taxes, others want lower.

The defit is shrinking as revenues keep climbing (to new record highs) with tax CUTS

You're right.

But it's not right for someone who doesn't have a degree to tell someone who does that they aren't educated in economics (as RSR tells people they need Econ 101).

You're right.

But it's not right for someone who doesn't have a degree to tell someone who does that they aren't educated in economics (as RSR tells people they need Econ 101).

Econ 101 would tell him increased taxes will not help the economy

First you say you are for lower taxes -then you support a guy who says we need higher taxes

You have more positions on the issue then John Kerry

I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT TAXES. I HAVE SAID THROUGHOUT THE THREAD THAT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TAXES. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT TORO'S POSITIONS.

YOU cannot tell someone who is educated that they aren't when YOU don't have a degree. Jesus you are dense.

The defit is shrinking as revenues keep climbing (to new record highs) with tax CUTS

But it is not going to shrink to eliminate the deficit, let alone start paying down the debt.

Eventually, the economy will go into a recession - we had our slowest growth in four years last quarter - and the deficit will rise again. Its cyclical.

Econ 101 would tell him increased taxes will not help the economy

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE POLICY.

But you can't tell him to take Econ 101 when YOU ARE UNEDUCATED.

You are allowed to debate policy even if you don't have a degree.
But, if you don't have a degree, you can't tell someone that THEY are uneducated.

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE POLICY.

But you can't tell him to take Econ 101 when YOU ARE UNEDUCATED.

You are allowed to debate policy even if you don't have a degree.
But, if you don't have a degree, you can't tell someone that THEY are uneducated.

I said he needs to take a refesher course in Econ 101 - not that he is uneducated

That is false.

If the government is running chronic deficits, then raising taxes helps the economy.

I would argue that our position on the Laffer Curve matters more.

Of course if we could figure that out, we wouldn't debate economics. The fun part is that we'll never be able to pinpoint it. :cool:

That is false.

If the government is running chronic deficits, then raising taxes helps the economy.

In general, I'd rather have tax cuts than spending increases. However, you can't have both. And the Republicans want to have both.

If that is the case, lets raise taxes to where they were under Pres Peanut Carter

We all know how well his economy was

Forum List

Back