Warning shot appropriate?

And still no arrests or confirmation on whether the guy doing the shooting was actually in on the car jacking....
Yeah, I'm sure he was in on it and then proceeded to fire several times at the fleeing truck, hitting the victim in the head, and then fleeing himself? Fuck you gun nuts are stupid.

At this point no one knows what truly happened.
"As the men struggled with the car-owner, a passerby produced a gun and fired multiple shots, missing the thieves but striking the victim in the head.
The shooter quickly gathered up his shell casings from the pavement and fled the scene."

Your kind of hero, the kind that shoots, and flees before the police arrive...

Oh STFU you whiney punk.
Had you the intelligence to follow a thread you'd know that I disagree with foolish use of a weapon by a CHL holder.
It only hurts the law abiding gun owners.

So go find yourself another cause du jour ya simplistic idiot.

Warning shots are fine as long as you don't hit an innocent bystander. But that seems almost impossible to guarantee. Where did the bullet land?

No, warning shots aren't "fine".

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything you have not positively identified. Be aware of your surroundings, whether on the range or in a fight. Do not assume anything. Know what you are doing.

Read your own rules. "Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it." I questioned where this bullet landed and as I stated on a later post it was not appropriate in this instance. But that's not to say it never is. It depends on the situation.

No, it doesn't depend on the situation. If you are not shooting to kill (or at the range obviously), do not shoot...period. Read the other rules, learn and live them all, before you end up hurting yourself or someone else, or end up having to be judged by 12 for no good reason. Joe Biden is an idiot, don't be Joe Biden, m'kay?

I don't cut any slack when it comes to firearms safety, I seen too many otherwise good people (and a lot of morons) pay the price for taking it lightly.

Go to any range and fire a warning shot at the target...see how well it is received by the RSO.

My advice is to always use hollow point ammo in your concealed carry weapon. This ammo is designed not to over penetrate, meaning the shot will less likely to go through and through and continue on to hit an unintended target.

First guy is a coward. He fucked up and should have taken responsibility for his mistake.
Second woman was an idiot as well. She has been denounced by a bunch of gun owners already. Do you need me to condemn each and every irresponsible gun owner?
You've given 3 examples with one person wounded in each case, responsible gun owners have criticized or condemned irresponsible and or cowardly people.
Why is it that these 3 cases occupy so much of your time? I see nothing from you about the carnage in America's cities committed by ILLEGAL gun owners.

This should be taught in every school.

"Why isn't it" is a question I ask all the anti-gun dipsticks. Ignorance causes accidents and bad shit to happen...why do parents and society allow their kids to be ignorant...in more than just firearms.

To be honest, I don't wait for the school to teach my children life lessons. It's really up to us as parents to teach children about the dangers and the safe use of firearms. Why any parent would not want their children to learn basic firearm safety is beyond me, even children of those that do not possess firearms should at least give the children the benefit of knowing about them.

First guy is a coward. He fucked up and should have taken responsibility for his mistake.
Second woman was an idiot as well. She has been denounced by a bunch of gun owners already. Do you need me to condemn each and every irresponsible gun owner?
You've given 3 examples with one person wounded in each case, responsible gun owners have criticized or condemned irresponsible and or cowardly people.
Why is it that these 3 cases occupy so much of your time? I see nothing from you about the carnage in America's cities committed by ILLEGAL gun owners.

I figured she be railing about all the blacks killing each other in the ghetto....every single day.
And with the amount of innocent victims due to stray rounds they obviously dont follow any kind of firearm safety rules.

Warning shots are fine as long as you don't hit an innocent bystander. But that seems almost impossible to guarantee. Where did the bullet land?

Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything you have not positively identified. Be aware of your surroundings, whether on the range or in a fight. Do not assume anything. Know what you are doing.

Read your own rules. "Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it." I questioned where this bullet landed and as I stated on a later post it was not appropriate in this instance. But that's not to say it never is. It depends on the situation.

No, it doesn't depend on the situation. If you are not shooting to kill (or at the range obviously), do not shoot...period. Read the other rules, learn and live them all, before you end up hurting yourself or someone else, or end up having to be judged by 12 for no good reason. Joe Biden is an idiot, don't be Joe Biden, m'kay?

I don't cut any slack when it comes to firearms safety, I seen too many otherwise good people (and a lot of morons) pay the price for taking it lightly.

Go to any range and fire a warning shot at the target...see how well it is received by the RSO.

My advice is to always use hollow point ammo in your concealed carry weapon. This ammo is designed not to over penetrate, meaning the shot will less likely to go through and through and continue on to hit an unintended target.

Agreed, but my point is that you shoot AT the intended target, not off into God knows where as a "warning shot".

In this video shot yesterday, you see the armed lady is not under threat. When the perpetrator breaks free from his captives, she fires a warning shot causing him to momentarily drop to the ground. Slowing his escape allowed him to be recaptured and held until the police arrived.

Appropriate shot or not?

Walmart shoppers catch man who snatched elderly woman's purse in Waco

-----------------------------
It worked, another leftist off the streets and is no longer preying upon law abiding American citizens.

"Why isn't it" is a question I ask all the anti-gun dipsticks. Ignorance causes accidents and bad shit to happen...why do parents and society allow their kids to be ignorant...in more than just firearms.

To be honest, I don't wait for the school to teach my children life lessons. It's really up to us as parents to teach children about the dangers and the safe use of firearms. Why any parent would not want their children to learn basic firearm safety is beyond me, even children of those that do not possess firearms should at least give the children the benefit of knowing about them.

Way too many parents hide their guns away and pretend they don't exist, rather than teaching their kids properly. I don't have numbers handy, but from experience I can tell you that it's the kids who have no exposure or education that are more apt to have accidents.

Why is it you can't just denounce them and leave it at that?

And do I need you to denounce each case where an idiot used a gun like an idiot, yes, that would be nice but usually I can't get a gun nut to denounce even one. See this thread for example. What should be easy calls aren't because they just love those damn guns so much and that might look bad.

You say you people can be responsible taking your guns to the Walmart, where you don't need them, then fucking prove it and that starts with denouncing, loudly and clearly, on the NRA website no less, Stupid Fucking Gun Owners who used a gun when they shouldn't have. Then we might just start to believe you that you don't just want to play John Wayne in a shopping mall parking lot.

Last edited:

Agreed, but my point is that you shoot AT the intended target, not off into God knows where as a "warning shot".

It's sad that, that even has to be said. Common sense should tell people that.

Way too many parents hide their guns away and pretend they don't exist, rather than teaching their kids properly. I don't have numbers handy, but from experience I can tell you that it's the kids who have no exposure or education that are more apt to have accidents.

Guns should be kept "put away", but not inaccessible. Surely you wouldn't want guns lying around the house for just anyone to pick up.

Guns should be kept "put away", but not inaccessible. Surely you wouldn't want guns lying around the house for just anyone to pick up.
Walk into any inner city ghetto and you'll see loaded guns everywhere. I saw a four year old waving around a fully loaded, safety off, cheap copy of a Glock.

Yes, it should, but it doesn't hence the problem and why I want all the fucking guns...

Walk into any inner city ghetto and you'll see loaded guns everywhere. I saw a four year old waving around a fully loaded, safety off, cheap copy of a Glock.

I call bullshit on that. I drive through some of the worst neighborhoods in Houston and I never see children waving guns, or anyone else for that matter.

Yes, it should, but it doesn't hence the problem and why I want all the fucking guns...

The problem isn't as big as you try to make it out to be.

Actually I have one firearm that just lies around the house for just anyone to pick up. It's been there since my kids were kids. It's inoperable, but it's been a great teaching tool for my kids, my grand kids, their friends and other visitors to our home.

You want all the guns except for yours, of course. Typical elitist dipstick.

Actually I have one firearm that just lies around the house for just anyone to pick up. It's been there since my kids were kids. It's inoperable, but it's been a great teaching tool for my kids, my grand kids, their friends and other visitors to our home.

Not a very good example your setting. A firearm is not a toy or a conversation piece. It should be treated responsibly.

Not a very good example your setting. A firearm is not a toy or a conversation piece. It should be treated responsibly.

It is...and always has been treated responsibly. My kids and grand kids always treat it responsibly, and any visitors who may attempt to do otherwise learn a lesson...and not always nicely. While my kids now know that it is inoperable, my grand kids still don't and neither do visitors. You can't teach firearms safety without a firearm...and firearms safety is a subject that isn't only for the range. I know you're a texican, but try to control your propensity to act like a libtard nanny, m'kay? When you see a firearm in plain view do you get some overwhelming urge to treat it irresponsibly? If so, you should probably not own firearms.

It is...and always has been treated responsibly. My kids and grand kids always treat it responsibly, and any visitors who may attempt to do otherwise learn a lesson...and not always nicely. While my kids now know that it is inoperable, my grand kids still don't and neither do visitors. You can't teach firearms safety without a firearm...and firearms safety is a subject that isn't only for the range. I know you're a texican, but try to control your propensity to act like a libtard nanny, m'kay?

There is a time and place for everything. I am certain you are not there 24/7 teaching gun safety.

Your bravado is duly noted and duly laughed at.

Forum List

Back