Warning: Gravity is "Only a Theory"

I've put it in my own words (and elaborated) HUNDREDS of times, as I understand science and this topic.
I wanted some authority behind it for your Introduction instead of a yes/no/yes/no opinion exchange
Yours is WRONG.

You are very new here to this section. I am not.
And instead of answering it, you BSed about me copying it,
Fraudulent deflection/whiff.

Troll.
`
Yes, I'm new here and have not read your elaborated own words HUNDREDS of time (that is hyperbole, right?).

I'll take your word for it and I will answer your cut-and-paste. It will be interesting to see if you respond just as I described other responding.

The answer is that yes, many well-accepted, often verified, scientific, ideas are technically theories, and not facts. I was a math teacher, and I know that the Pythagorean Theorem is a "theory," but it has been proven every time, and never shown to be false, so it is well-accepted.

But . . . even the most well-accepted scientific theory is subject to refutation. "Don't question the science" is the most unscientific statement possible. Questioning science is how science works.

For hundreds of years, people questions Newton's theory of gravity, and did not find it lacking. Until they did and Newton's theory was superseded by Einstein's theory. Someday, maybe in a thousand years or maybe next week, Einstein's theory may be superseded by another.

That's science, get used to it.

Now, since you are so offended that I did not answer your post, I'm sure you will want to answer mine, instead of just cutting and pasting something. Here it is:

Let me explain the fallacy of this OP.

This is supposed to ridicule the idea of Darwinian evolution being "only a theory," and therefore should not be taught as settled science in school, but presented as what it is - a theory.

Both the theory of gravity and the theory of Darwinian evolution are intended to explain observable facts.

Newtonian gravity theory is an explanation for the observable fact that objects near Earth move toward Earth, if not prevented by some force. That objects with mass tend to remain on Earth or fall to the Earth, is not in dispute. But that is not the "Theory of Gravity."

Darwinian evolution theory is an explanation for the observable facts that there are a variety of species on Earth and that there are large numbers of fossilized species which living examples of are not found on Earth. The existence of species is not in dispute. But the existence of species is not Darwin's theory of speciation through natural selection.

Darwin's theory was a hypothesis that made enough validated predictions that it qualified to be called a theory. There are no such observations of Darwin's theory of speciation through natural selection. So Darwin's "theory," is really a hypothesis based on observation and speculation.

Newton's Theory of Universal Gravity has been superseded by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, since Newton's theory failed in just a few predictions that Einstein's did not.

Still, Newtonian gravity has far more scientific support* than Darwins Speciation via Natural Selection. So, comparing the two is the definition of "grasping at straws.

*By "scientific support," I mean experiments which result in evidence for the theory. I don't mean anything like "four out of five scientists say . .
Good luck!

PS: Could you both start and end your reply to me with name calling and other ad hominem attacks, instead of waiting until the end? I like to be reminded of the level you operate on.

Yes, I'm new here and have not read your elaborated own words HUNDREDS of time (that is hyperbole, right?).
Alas not hyperbole.
This section is about 50% Evolution vs Creationism.
Majority of what I do here. ie, Check my many threads on this page alone. Most of the time I just bump them up because we get the same denier claim, and I have a thread which already covers most of them. ie, "God of the Gaps" is the most common along with 'only a theory.'

I'll take your word for it and I will answer your cut-and-paste. It will be interesting to see if you respond just as I described other responding.

The answer is that yes, many well-accepted, often verified, scientific, ideas are technically theories, and not facts. I was a math teacher, and I know that the Pythagorean Theorem is a "theory," but it has been proven every time, and never shown to be false, so it is well-accepted
But . . . even the most well-accepted scientific theory is subject to refutation. "Don't question the science" is the most unscientific statement possible. Questioning science is how science works.

For hundreds of years, people questions Newton's theory of gravity, and did not find it lacking. Until they did and Newton's theory was superseded by Einstein's theory. Someday, maybe in a thousand years or maybe next week, Einstein's theory may be superseded by another.

That's science, get used to it.

Now, since you are so offended that I did not answer your post, I'm sure you will want to answer mine, instead of just cutting and pasting something. Here it is:

Good luck!

PS: Could you both start and end your reply to me with name calling and other ad hominem attacks, instead of waiting until the end? I like to be reminded of the level you operate on.
Theories are the best thing we have to describe nature/the universe.
Most are facts.
Read one more sentence from the link I quoted.

Science does Not deal in 100.0000% "Proof," only math does.
Nonetheless, there is plenty of evidence to call them 'facts.'
In court, perps are oft found "Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt," and hung on what would NOT be enough to constitute the sci definition of 'proof" which is NO doubt/100%. But Evo has Overwhelming evidence that would and has won in court.

Poof does not exist for most of the Facts we spout daily and you accept either.
Again read one more sentence from my link on what constitutes fact in science. Like 'theory' it's a higher bar than the colloquial use of the word.

Oh yeah, I CAN explain it/much more all day every day.
Just about every week we get 'Only a theory' here because people do Not know what a scientific theory is. Thus the link.

Last edited:
Alas not hyperbole.
Majority of what I do here. ie, Check my many threads on this page alone. Most of the time I just bump them up because we get the same denier claim, and I have a thread which already covers most of them. ie, "God of the Gaps" is the most common along with 'only a theory.'

Most are facts.

In court, perps are oft found "Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt," and hung on what would NOT be enough to constitute the sci definition of 'proof" which is NO doubt/100%. But Evo has Overwhelming evidence that would and has won in court.

Again read one more sentence from my link on what constitutes fact in science. Like 'theory' it's a higher bar than the colloquial use of the word.

Just about every week we get 'Only a theory' here because people do Not know what a scientific theory is. Thus the link.
Ok, well we seem to more-or-less agree on the idea that "just a theory," is an invalid argument, since so many scientific theories (and mathematical theorems) are well-accepted.

I'm not sure how you stand on my statement that even the most accepted scientific theories often end up being refuted. Specifically the OP's citing of Newton's Theory of Gravity was unfortunate, since it was refuted decades ago. A scientific theory is important, but it is not a fact, scientific or otherwise.

But, having passed on two opportunities to address that point, I have to assume you prefer to avoid it. So, I'll ask another question:

You've made so many threads about evolution vs. creation.* I have to wonder why that issue is so important to you? If there were thousands, hundreds or any at all, public school teaching Adam and Even in Science class, I would understand your persistent opposition. But the courts are firmly on your side on this. They ruled a sticker on a textbook telling students that science should be approached "with an open mind, studied carefully, and critically considered," literally violates the U.S. Constitution.

What further mandates on acceptance of evolutionary theory do you envision?

*May I assume that you lump creationism and intelligent design together and allow for no differences in the two?

Good grief…..if you believe the wrath of god as a response to the evil doers, it has to be the gop who hate the poor, minorities and the oppressed. You know, all those people repugs try to fuck over.
See, this is what I mean by Satan. Perhaps, you were going to go to church today and then have lunch afterward with a friend. However, Satan convinces of you of something else and you never make it to church.

The Wrath of God is not one of those things I have at my disposal to convince you. It's the last thing God has to punish you of what you have done as an unbeliever and sinner. It's for the unforgiven immediately after death which would be my response to you.

See, this is what I mean by Satan. Perhaps, you were going to go to church today and then have lunch afterward with a friend. However, Satan convinces of you of something else and you never make it to church.

The Wrath of God is not one of those things I have at my disposal to convince you. It's the last thing God has to punish you of what you have done as an unbeliever and sinner. It's for the unforgiven immediately after death which would be my response to you.
Claiming to be a Christian while supporting so called conservative values which is promoting the rich over the poor is hypocritical.

Satan ? Shorthand for Mitch McConnell ( aka Moscow Mitch )

You have satan‘s words in writing ? Sure you do. Every night on Fix News

Un Christian acts by the hypocrite right.
1. You shall have no other gods before me

It's clear that Republicans have many gods before the Lord. Most notably, the god of Money. Republicans think money, markets, and capitalism supercede grace, the Holy Spirit, and Religion. Adam Smith is a bigger profit....um...prophet than any biblical figure. Check the number of times that a Republican mentions Jesus Christ versus the number of times they allude to Ronald Reagan or George Bush as the saviors of America. You'll find that Jesus is a pinch hitter, Reagabush hits the homers.

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

Whether it's the diamond studded crucifix around Ann Coulter's pencil neck or the stone monument of the 10 Commandments that Republicans toss their bodies onto in order to keep them in court rooms, the Right-wing is very fond of idols. In some parts of red county you find velvet pictures of the aryan Jesus, in others you find morbid, slumped body of Christ nailed to wooden crosses made in Communist China.

Don't even get me started on the gross idolatry stirred in righties by "The Passion of The Christ" (made by the alcoholic jew-hating son of a Holocaust-denying Catholic). It was a "revelation" that almost replaced church service for an entire year. Also, do Republicans spend more time ensuring the poor are fed, or that flags aren't burned?Last, realize that idolatry can also come in the form of worshipping ideas more than God. Pop quiz, which is lauded more in right-wing circles, laissez faire or blessed are the peacemakers?

Senior African American GOPs at a political gathering. Main picture is Alan Keyes, a prominent figure in the Republican party and a former presidential candidate.

3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

Republicans consistently channel their hate into the name of the Lord. Bush, upon hearing from God, convinces a nation of morons that war is actually peace, poverty is actually riches, and discord is actually togetherness.

There is no greater desecration of the Lord's name than the one that superimposes the political will of right-wing zealots over the scripture of God's Kingdom. Listen to the very simple message of Fred Phelps and you will see the most clear example of using the Lord's name in vain.

4. Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.

First, we must correct the record: the Sabbath day begins at sundown on Friday and ends at sundown on Saturday. Most Republicans attend church on Sunday. Sad, they can't even get this part right. Second, what is Holy about Fridays and Saturdays for Republicans? Anything? They see a lot of movies on those days.

The bars of red county are full of inebriated fools with full bellies and empty souls. But, where exactly is the elevation of God or the sanctification of practice? Simply put, it does not exist because Republicans do not observe the Sabbath. Maybe they think their Old Testament love for everything Israeli exempts them from the 4th Commandment.

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter honored their parents by becoming great citizens and keeping their noses clean. By contrast, the Republican kids are a handful. The Bush twins, who are the political equivalent of the Hilton sisters, have hardly honored their father unless "honor" means using fake ID's to get fall-down-drunk before cameras.

Their uncle, Neil Bush, honors his father by costing America a billion dollars in scandalous business deals, having sex with hookers and doing nothing with his life but casting a shadow on his family. In fact, look at almost any unelected member of the immediate Bush family and you'll find dishonorable behavior. The Reagans aren't immune either. Family values? Hardly.

6. You shall not murder.

"How about we just, you know, carpet-bomb them so they can't build a transistor radio?" -Ann Coulter

A rule against murder is like a rule against breathing for Republicans. They're currently working themselves into a wargasm for murder in Iran and Syria, in the same way 9/11 aroused them to penetrate Iraq. They like murder. They like it so much they don't count the murdered in order to prevent anti-murder ideologues from preventing their murder train.

Why did they "liberate" Iraq instead of saving the poor souls being massacred in Sudan? Cuz murder is good and natural. In fact, murder is life and Republicans love life, remember? Sure, they would say that there is a difference between murder (i.e. a black man killing a white woman) and spreading democracy (i.e. bombing the limbs off of children as they draw water from communal wells), but that is only to mask their bloodlust.

7. You shall not commit adultery

Newt Gingrich. Bob Barr. John McCain. Rudy Giuliani. Christopher Buckley. Gary Bauer. Matthew Glavin. Edward Schrock. Bob Livingston. Henry Hyde.

8. You shall not steal.

Republicans steal what they want, when they want, and by any means necessary. They steal wages and rights from America and give it to their friends. They steal from the military, from oil rich countries, and from nature. They even steal little things they don't need, like $1,125.79 worth of personal airline tickets, Mexican flags, farm equipment, and odds-and-ends from Target stores.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Like murder, lies are a favored vehicle for advancing Republicanism. Whether its Ann Coulter's repeated violation of literary objectivity, or David Horowitz' chronic invention of facts to prove baseless points; or Bill O'Reilly's habitual lies in support of Bush; or, King Bush's prettying up of pre-war intelligence, lies are an alternative energy source for the GOP bus.

Without lies, they could not gather their idiot legion into a remarkable voting force. Because this is a truism about Republican power, they have perfected their network in a total conspiracy to continually bear false witness.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

See number 7!

Ok, well we seem to more-or-less agree on the idea that "just a theory," is an invalid argument, since so many scientific theories (and mathematical theorems) are well-accepted.
I'm afraid we did NOT agree on 'only a theory.'
We also did NOT agree on 'Argument from Authority.'
Or should I say you disagreed with the facts?

I'm not sure how you stand on my statement that even the most accepted scientific theories often end up being refuted. Specifically the OP's citing of Newton's Theory of Gravity was unfortunate, since it was refuted decades ago. A scientific theory is important, but it is not a fact, scientific or otherwise.

But, having passed on two opportunities to address that point, I have to assume you prefer to avoid it. So, I'll ask another question:
Scientific theories are the best info we have on nature/the universe.
And one getting made obsolete is not that common.

My turn.
Are you a creationist?
An anti-evolutionist on 'scientific grounds?' (at least it seems)
Of course, at least about half of creationist try the science Route and it does not go well.
If you don't believe species can morph into another you believe they were put out here roughly as is: Creationism.
We have an ever increasing fossil record with more 'tweeners' that only Evo would and does predict before they are found.
Predictability is also weighty.
Or do you believe in another natural explanation? On what evidence?

You've made so many threads about evolution vs. creation.* I have to wonder why that issue is so important to you?
That was the state of the board when I returned here years ago.
There were many Creationist threads. I brushed them back with facts and their fallacies. (Note many of my threads/OPs 2017, 2018, etc)

*May I assume that you lump creationism and intelligent design together and allow for no differences in the two?
Yup, because they should be lumped.

Wiki/ID​
"...Intelligent design (ID) is a pseudoscientific argument for the existence of God, presented by its proponents as "an evidence-based scientific theory about life's origins".[1][2][3][4][5] Proponents claim that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."[6] ID is a form of creationism that lacks empirical support and offers no testable or tenable hypotheses, and is therefore not science.[7][8][9] The leading proponents of ID are associated with the Discovery Institute, a Christian, politically conservative think tank based in the United States.[n 1]
Although the phrase intelligent design had featured previously in theological discussions of the argument from design,[10] its first publication in its present use as an alternative term for creationism was in Of Pandas and People,[11] a 1989 creationist textbook intended for high school biology classes. The term was Substituted into drafts of the book, Directly Replacing references to creation science and creationism, after the 1987 Supreme Court's Edwards v. Aguillard decision barred the teaching of creation science in public schools on constitutional grounds.[13] From the mid-1990s, the intelligent design movement (IDM), supported by the Discovery Institute,[14] advocated inclusion of intelligent design in public school..."​

It was a simple substitution because of the USSC ruling.
And of course ID needs a designER/god.

`

Last edited:
Claiming to be a Christian while supporting so called conservative values which is promoting the rich over the poor is hypocritical.
I don't think God is liberal as He has His wrath over what He has created and provided for humans. It's made simple, clear, and it leads to a deeper understanding of yourself, life and justice. If I were God, then there wouldn't be any deeper understanding of you, life nor justice. First, gravity would stretch you out. Maybe you'd get food poisoning and all its symptoms, so my wrath would have its pleasure and laughter from me afterward. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Un Christian acts by the hypocrite right.
1. You shall have no other gods before me

It's clear that Republicans have many gods before the Lord. Most notably, the god of Money. Republicans think money, markets, and capitalism supercede grace, the Holy Spirit, and Religion. Adam Smith is a bigger profit....um...prophet than any biblical figure. Check the number of times that a Republican mentions Jesus Christ versus the number of times they allude to Ronald Reagan or George Bush as the saviors of America. You'll find that Jesus is a pinch hitter, Reagabush hits the homers.

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth

Whether it's the diamond studded crucifix around Ann Coulter's pencil neck or the stone monument of the 10 Commandments that Republicans toss their bodies onto in order to keep them in court rooms, the Right-wing is very fond of idols. In some parts of red county you find velvet pictures of the aryan Jesus, in others you find morbid, slumped body of Christ nailed to wooden crosses made in Communist China.

Don't even get me started on the gross idolatry stirred in righties by "The Passion of The Christ" (made by the alcoholic jew-hating son of a Holocaust-denying Catholic). It was a "revelation" that almost replaced church service for an entire year. Also, do Republicans spend more time ensuring the poor are fed, or that flags aren't burned?Last, realize that idolatry can also come in the form of worshipping ideas more than God. Pop quiz, which is lauded more in right-wing circles, laissez faire or blessed are the peacemakers?

Senior African American GOPs at a political gathering. Main picture is Alan Keyes, a prominent figure in the Republican party and a former presidential candidate.

3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

Republicans consistently channel their hate into the name of the Lord. Bush, upon hearing from God, convinces a nation of morons that war is actually peace, poverty is actually riches, and discord is actually togetherness.

There is no greater desecration of the Lord's name than the one that superimposes the political will of right-wing zealots over the scripture of God's Kingdom. Listen to the very simple message of Fred Phelps and you will see the most clear example of using the Lord's name in vain.

4. Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.

First, we must correct the record: the Sabbath day begins at sundown on Friday and ends at sundown on Saturday. Most Republicans attend church on Sunday. Sad, they can't even get this part right. Second, what is Holy about Fridays and Saturdays for Republicans? Anything? They see a lot of movies on those days.

The bars of red county are full of inebriated fools with full bellies and empty souls. But, where exactly is the elevation of God or the sanctification of practice? Simply put, it does not exist because Republicans do not observe the Sabbath. Maybe they think their Old Testament love for everything Israeli exempts them from the 4th Commandment.

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter honored their parents by becoming great citizens and keeping their noses clean. By contrast, the Republican kids are a handful. The Bush twins, who are the political equivalent of the Hilton sisters, have hardly honored their father unless "honor" means using fake ID's to get fall-down-drunk before cameras.

Their uncle, Neil Bush, honors his father by costing America a billion dollars in scandalous business deals, having sex with hookers and doing nothing with his life but casting a shadow on his family. In fact, look at almost any unelected member of the immediate Bush family and you'll find dishonorable behavior. The Reagans aren't immune either. Family values? Hardly.

6. You shall not murder.

"How about we just, you know, carpet-bomb them so they can't build a transistor radio?" -Ann Coulter

A rule against murder is like a rule against breathing for Republicans. They're currently working themselves into a wargasm for murder in Iran and Syria, in the same way 9/11 aroused them to penetrate Iraq. They like murder. They like it so much they don't count the murdered in order to prevent anti-murder ideologues from preventing their murder train.

Why did they "liberate" Iraq instead of saving the poor souls being massacred in Sudan? Cuz murder is good and natural. In fact, murder is life and Republicans love life, remember? Sure, they would say that there is a difference between murder (i.e. a black man killing a white woman) and spreading democracy (i.e. bombing the limbs off of children as they draw water from communal wells), but that is only to mask their bloodlust.

7. You shall not commit adultery

Newt Gingrich. Bob Barr. John McCain. Rudy Giuliani. Christopher Buckley. Gary Bauer. Matthew Glavin. Edward Schrock. Bob Livingston. Henry Hyde.

8. You shall not steal.

Republicans steal what they want, when they want, and by any means necessary. They steal wages and rights from America and give it to their friends. They steal from the military, from oil rich countries, and from nature. They even steal little things they don't need, like $1,125.79 worth of personal airline tickets, Mexican flags, farm equipment, and odds-and-ends from Target stores.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Like murder, lies are a favored vehicle for advancing Republicanism. Whether its Ann Coulter's repeated violation of literary objectivity, or David Horowitz' chronic invention of facts to prove baseless points; or Bill O'Reilly's habitual lies in support of Bush; or, King Bush's prettying up of pre-war intelligence, lies are an alternative energy source for the GOP bus.

Without lies, they could not gather their idiot legion into a remarkable voting force. Because this is a truism about Republican power, they have perfected their network in a total conspiracy to continually bear false witness.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

See number 7!
Why are your expending/Wasting 3 posts answering Bond, including this monumental Blockbuster? Ridiculous multi-posting throughout the thread and it looks desperate/nutty. He's worth about one sentence of dismissal.
Whacked.

Why are your expending/Wasting 3 posts answering Bond, including this monumental Blockbuster? Ridiculous multi-posting throughout the thread and it looks desperate/nutty. He's worth about one sentence of dismissal.
Whacked.
Ha ha
do I ever post much more then a sentence or two most of the time ? This is a copy paste. It will keep him busy for a while.

Whacked.
Why are you lol? Just think how gravity (Jesus) will stretch you and Dagosa together for all eternity. You two can discuss how I am doing in heaven!

Good grief…..if you believe the wrath of god as a response to the evil doers, it has to be the gop who hate the poor, minorities and the oppressed. You know, all those people repugs try to fuck over.
I'm here to tell the truth to all including atheists and sinners. Not tell the unforgiven of their doom; That's from their own doing.

The truth is it is God who punishes with His wrath. It's not Satan who just led you awry with evolution.

As for the GOP who hate the poor, minorities, and the oppressed (are you one of the latter), you're in the wrong section of the forum to complain.

Last edited:
Alas not hyperbole.

Most are facts.

I'm only answering you because it is one the DUMBEST things I've ever read here. You take the cake as the STUPIDEST post ever more than Fort Fun Indiana, Wuwei, Hollie and others.

The facts are in the Bible. This is in regards to God creating the universe, Earth and everything in it. The 100% proof is in the Bible as the creationists have found science backs up what is written in it.

Thus, it's not just math that deals with 100% proof.

As for the rest of human science, then I agree that it does not deal with 100% proof. We have learned that in high school that it deals with hypothesis and theories.

The stupidest part is that you claim "there is plenty of evidence to call them 'facts.'" That is so stupid that I can't help from laughing and cannot stop and can't answer it because I know that you wouldn't understand it. There are no hypotheses and theories that has so much evidence to call them facts.

Man, I wish there was some way here for you to hear all the people laughing at you including Fort Fun Indiana, Wuwei, Hollie and others. It would be so LOUD that you would go deaf.

Fine admission, but don't worry. No one would even accuse you of being a purple one.
I doubt I'm a purple one either, but do know about the Bible which contradicts evolution. Thus, only one of us can be right and that's me. I'm the one who is right.

I'm only answering you because it is one the DUMBEST things I've ever read here. You take the cake as the STUPIDEST post ever more than Fort Fun Indiana, Wuwei, Hollie and others.
The facts are in the Bible. This is in regards to God creating the universe, Earth and everything in it. The 100% proof is in the Bible as the creationists have found science backs up what is written in it.
Thus, it's not just math that deals with 100% proof.

As for the rest of human science, then I agree that it does not deal with 100% proof. We have learned that in high school that it deals with hypothesis and theories.

The stupidest part is that you claim "there is plenty of evidence to call them 'facts.'" That is so stupid that I can't help from laughing and cannot stop and can't answer it because I know that you wouldn't understand it. There are no hypotheses and theories that has so much evidence to call them facts.

Man, I wish there was some way here for you to hear all the people laughing at you including Fort Fun Indiana, Wuwei, Hollie and others. It would be so LOUD that you would go deaf.
Ahh here we are again Reverend Goofy!
Bible/god/Bible/god/Bible/god

"Circular Reasoning​

circulus in demonstrando

Description: A type of reasoning in which the proposition is supported by the premises, which is supported by the proposition, creating a circle in reasoning where NO useful information is being shared. This fallacy is often quite humorous.
Example #2:

The Bible is the Word of God because God tells us it is... in the Bible.

Explanation: This is a very serious circular argument on which many people base their entire lives. The circularity is in the stated or implied claim that the reason they trust in the Bible is because it is the Word of God.
This is like getting an e-mail from a Nigerian prince, offering to give you his billion dollar fortune -- but only after you wire him a “good will” offering of $50,000. Of course, you are skeptical until you read the final line in the e-mail that reads “I, prince Nubadola, assure you that this is my message, and it is legitimate. You can trust this e-mail and any others that come from me.”
Now you know it is legitimate... because it says so in the e-mail.""

Poor James and his dog-and-pony show outed again.
`

Last edited:
I doubt I'm a purple one either, but do know about the Bible which contradicts evolution. Thus, only one of us can be right and that's me. I'm the one who is right.
You’re on the lunatic fringe of Christianity. You’re the one who is wrong……
Catholics and Mainline Protestant churches, such as the United Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Evangelical Lutheran, United Church of Christ, are accepting of evolution.

So we know you’re ignorant of what most Christians believe. You’re just making up shit.

Ahh here we are again Reverend Goofy!
Bible/god/Bible/god/Bible/god

"Circular Reasoning​

circulus in demonstrando

Description: A type of reasoning in which the proposition is supported by the premises, which is supported by the proposition, creating a circle in reasoning where NO useful information is being shared. This fallacy is often quite humorous.
Example #2:

The Bible is the Word of God because God tells us it is... in the Bible.

Explanation: This is a very serious circular argument on which many people base their entire lives. The circularity is in the stated or implied claim that the reason they trust in the Bible is because it is the Word of God.
This is like getting an e-mail from a Nigerian prince, offering to give you his billion dollar fortune -- but only after you wire him a “good will” offering of $50,000. Of course, you are skeptical until you read the final line in the e-mail that reads “I, prince Nubadola, assure you that this is my message, and it is legitimate. You can trust this e-mail and any others that come from me.”
Now you know it is legitimate... because it says so in the e-mail.""

Poor James and his dog-and-pony show outed again.
`
Lol, everyone knows you fail common logic here. It's cause and effect. God created the universe, Earth and everything in it and that's why we are here. He also wrote the Bible to explain what happened with the first humans and original sin. The creationists can explain origins and why everything is here and science backs the Bible up.

What do you have? Just faulty complaints about fallacious reasoning. The fallacy is evolution as it has no origins nor evidence to back up anything. Where are the humans from monkeys evidence? Where are the birds from dinosaurs evidence? In fact, cancel the second question as we found birds lived at the same time as dinosaurs. You can cancel the first question, too, as we have monkeys living with humans today. Hey, I just proved you are the stupidest here believing in evolution and trying to present logical arguments versus me lmao.

I even have 100% absolute proof for my claim after the atheists here die. You can't ask anymore 100% truth than that.

Lol, everyone knows you fail common logic here. It's cause and effect. God created the universe, Earth and everything in it and that's why we are here. He also wrote the Bible to explain what happened with the first humans and original sin. The creationists can explain origins and why everything is here and science backs the Bible up.

What do you have? Just faulty complaints about fallacious reasoning. The fallacy is evolution as it has no origins nor evidence to back up anything. Where are the humans from monkeys evidence? Where are the birds from dinosaurs evidence? In fact, cancel the second question as we found birds lived at the same time as dinosaurs. You can cancel the first question, too, as we have monkeys living with humans today. Hey, I just proved you are the stupidest here believing in evolution and trying to present logical arguments versus me lmao.

I even have 100% absolute proof for my claim after the atheists here die. You can't ask anymore 100% truth than that.
You have proof of nothing. You can’t even claim that Christianity doesn’t accept evolution which is your stated gateway to atheism. All these major religious sects accept evolution.
You are a fraud as just the extreme literalists still think the wizard made man.
“This view is generally accepted by major Christian churches, including the Catholic Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Episcopal Church USA, and some other mainline Protestant denominations; virtually all Jewish denominations; and other religious groups that lack a literalist stance concerning some holy scriptures.”

Forum List

Back