War on Terror has come home: Unreal stats

There is no militarization of the police. The police are still armed with smoke bombs and rubber bullets against thugs with real bullets and molotov cocktails.

No, that's a lie!

The objection isn't against the weapons. The police are already disarmed. The objection is against the protective gear that the police have. They aren't exposed enough. Get rid of the body armor so the real bullets have some penetrating power. Get rid of the helmets so the bricks and rocks have something to hit. Patrol cars are easily smashed and set on fire. Not so with armored personnel carriers
The complaint isn't that the police are militarized. It's that they are not vulnerable enough.

No, that's another lie. Have you gotten into the rotgut again, bitch?

Missouri Department of Public Safety - Department of Defense Excess Property Program (1033 Program)

he Department of Defense Excess Property Program (1033 Program) is authorized under federal law and managed through the Defense Logistics Agency's Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO) in Ft. Belvoir, Va. The 1033 Program provides surplus DoD military equipment to state and local civilian law enforcement agencies for use in counter-narcotics and counter-terrorism operations, and to enhance officer safety. The Missouri Department of Public Safety is the sponsoring state agency responsible for administration of the 1033 Program in Missouri.

In a country this size there will be corruption in some shape or form somewhere in this country. When abuses happen it is time to hold those abusing their powers to the laws to prevent more from happening.

I will not throw the police departments of this country under a Greyhound bus for the acts of some agencies. Overall I believe the vast majority are there to protect and serve. To use sample cases of some abuses in a country of 460 million or so and straw man into all doesn't hold water with me.

The surplus program allows them to get riot gear and bullet proof vests from the military through the disposal program in order to save money. I donated money to a small police department near my home so they could buy bullet proof vests that they didn't have. The push coming after an officer died in a shoot out being hit in the chest by a criminal thug. Had he had a bullet proof vest he would have survived.

Which is a key reason that I approve of the program.

As many are finally becoming aware that our men in blue aren't in blue but in full scale combat gear these days Salon lays out some very chilling facts based on findings by the ACLU, the New York Times.

Disturbing to say the least. I know I've been witnessing an escalation of militarization of not only the police but of government agencies as well.

And although the bulk of this is occurring "in the Obama era" NYT piece the blame goes right across the board because all local governments and state governments are footing the bill for this equipment along with federal monies.

I think it's time to really put representatives from all levels on the hot seat. And if they weren't directly responsible for the funding, they were at the very least at fault for not being aware of what has become the militarization of the police and government agencies.

Bi partisan rant here.

Solid article at Salon that links to the NYT.

riot_police-620x4121.jpg

11 chilling facts about America's militarized police force (Credit: Reuters/Philip Andrews)

The “war on terror” has come home–and it’s wreaking havoc on innocent American lives. The culprit is the militarization of the police.

The weapons used in the “war on terror” that destroyed Afghanistan and Iraq have made their way to local law enforcement. While police forces across the country began a process of militarization complete with SWAT teams and flash-bang grenades when President Reagan intensified the “war on drugs,” the post-9/11 “war on terror” has added fuel to the fire.

Through laws and regulations like a provision in defense budgets that authorize the Pentagon to transfer surplus military gear to police forces, local law enforcement are using weapons found on the battlefields of South Asia and the Middle East.

A recent New York Times article by Matt Apuzzo reported that in the Obama era, “police departments have received tens of thousands of machine guns; nearly 200,000 ammunition magazines;

thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment; and hundreds of silencers, armored cars and aircraft.”

The result is that police agencies around the nation possess military-grade equipment, turning officers who are supposed to fight crime and protect communities into what look like invading forces from an army.

And military-style police raids have increased in recent years, with one count putting the number at 80,000 such raids last year.

In June, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) brought more attention to police militarization when it issued a comprehensive, nearly 100-page (appendix and endnotes included) report titled,“War Comes Home: The Excessive Militarization of American Policing.”

Based on public records requests to more than 260 law enforcement agencies in 26 states, the ACLU concluded that “American policing has become excessively militarized through the use of weapons and tactics designed for the battlefield” and that this militarization “unfairly impacts people of color and undermines individual liberties, and it has been allowed to happen in the absence of any meaningful public discussion.”

11 chilling facts about America?s militarized police force - Salon.com
They look like riot police pretty much anywhere

As many are finally becoming aware that our men in blue aren't in blue but in full scale combat gear these days Salon lays out some very chilling facts based on findings by the ACLU, the New York Times.

Disturbing to say the least. I know I've been witnessing an escalation of militarization of not only the police but of government agencies as well.

And although the bulk of this is occurring "in the Obama era" NYT piece the blame goes right across the board because all local governments and state governments are footing the bill for this equipment along with federal monies.

I think it's time to really put representatives from all levels on the hot seat. And if they weren't directly responsible for the funding, they were at the very least at fault for not being aware of what has become the militarization of the police and government agencies.

Bi partisan rant here.

Solid article at Salon that links to the NYT.

riot_police-620x4121.jpg

11 chilling facts about America's militarized police force (Credit: Reuters/Philip Andrews)

The “war on terror” has come home–and it’s wreaking havoc on innocent American lives. The culprit is the militarization of the police.

The weapons used in the “war on terror” that destroyed Afghanistan and Iraq have made their way to local law enforcement. While police forces across the country began a process of militarization complete with SWAT teams and flash-bang grenades when President Reagan intensified the “war on drugs,” the post-9/11 “war on terror” has added fuel to the fire.

Through laws and regulations like a provision in defense budgets that authorize the Pentagon to transfer surplus military gear to police forces, local law enforcement are using weapons found on the battlefields of South Asia and the Middle East.

A recent New York Times article by Matt Apuzzo reported that in the Obama era, “police departments have received tens of thousands of machine guns; nearly 200,000 ammunition magazines;

thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment; and hundreds of silencers, armored cars and aircraft.”

The result is that police agencies around the nation possess military-grade equipment, turning officers who are supposed to fight crime and protect communities into what look like invading forces from an army.

And military-style police raids have increased in recent years, with one count putting the number at 80,000 such raids last year.

In June, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) brought more attention to police militarization when it issued a comprehensive, nearly 100-page (appendix and endnotes included) report titled,“War Comes Home: The Excessive Militarization of American Policing.”

Based on public records requests to more than 260 law enforcement agencies in 26 states, the ACLU concluded that “American policing has become excessively militarized through the use of weapons and tactics designed for the battlefield” and that this militarization “unfairly impacts people of color and undermines individual liberties, and it has been allowed to happen in the absence of any meaningful public discussion.”

11 chilling facts about America?s militarized police force - Salon.com

You're right, we outta return officers to carrying .38 Special 6-shot revolvers instead of the tactical gear and assault weapons. When they go up against gangs and drug cartels with full automatic weapons and get killed, oh well, at least the officers aren't scary anymore.

We should all be disturbed by this trend. Agreed.

"It has been said too that our governments both federal and particular want energy... This is true, and it is an inconvenience. On the other hand that energy which absolute governments derive from an armed force, which is the effect of the bayonet constantly held at the breast of every citizen, and which resembles very much the stillness of the grave, must be admitted also to have it's inconveniences"
-- Thomas Jefferson; from 'Answer to Demeunier's Queries' (January, 24, 1786)

Last edited:
In a country this size there will be corruption in some shape or form somewhere in this country. When abuses happen it is time to hold those abusing their powers to the laws to prevent more from happening.

I will not throw the police departments of this country under a Greyhound bus for the acts of some agencies. Overall I believe the vast majority are there to protect and serve. To use sample cases of some abuses in a country of 460 million or so and straw man into all doesn't hold water with me.

The surplus program allows them to get riot gear and bullet proof vests from the military through the disposal program in order to save money. I donated money to a small police department near my home so they could buy bullet proof vests that they didn't have. The push coming after an officer died in a shoot out being hit in the chest by a criminal thug. Had he had a bullet proof vest he would have survived.

Which is a key reason that I approve of the program.

I agree that the police has the right to defend themselves with bullet proof
vests. Better weapons help the police to be more effective.

Last edited:
Quick question, why was Salon.com and all these other Progressives websites calling Alex Jones, Constitutionalists, and Libertarians "tin-foil hat" conspiracy theorists when we have been saying this since 2001?

Better late than never.

Also, does Salon.com still endorse gun control and confiscation by these same tyrants?

You have been pushing that meme for days now. Liberals have always been wary of a militarized police force. Alex Jones is a nutjob. That is why people call him a nutjob.

Confiscation is in your imagination.

You are still a nutjob. You are not "out in front" on this issue. You are "out there" on this issue. Get it?

"It has been said too that our governments both federal and particular want energy... This is true, and it is an inconvenience. On the other hand that energy which absolute governments derive from an armed force, which is the effect of the bayonet constantly held at the breast of every citizen, and which resembles very much the stillness of the grave, must be admitted also to have it's inconveniences"

Late 18th century and early 21st century being analogous n all.

Things the founders said are at best quaint. As conceived, they hadn't given women equal rights, non-whites equal rights, abolished slavery, or much of anything else so using them to make points about modern issues is ridiculous. In their time you didn't have to worry about ICBM vaporizing cities so I dare say they're idea of security and safety is irrelevant now.

Late 18th century and early 21st century being analogous n all.

Things the founders said are at best quaint. As conceived, they hadn't given women equal rights, non-whites equal rights, abolished slavery, or much of anything else so using them to make points about modern issues is ridiculous. In their time you didn't have to worry about ICBM vaporizing cities so I dare say they're idea of security and safety is irrelevant now.
Yeah cause having arms and being prepared to defend against tyrannical government swat teams with military assault vehicles and gear is the same as carrying ICBMs around to vaporize cities. If our government wants to arm the police with military gear, then we should be able to arm ourselves with gear to defend against what they have. For example RPGs.

Last edited:
You want gear to defend against rubber bullets and smoke bombs? I've got that right now.

There's precious little sanity left.

Is a Police-State in the offing for the United States Of America?

Were you away or just asleep when Obama was elected?
What a fucking answer...REALLY? YOU disappoint me.:eusa_hand: YOU know God-Damned better than that son...Re-Evaluate. Or does NOT a rhetorical question ever appear on YOUR radar?

Last edited:
Is a Police-State in the offing for the United States Of America?

What a fucking answer...REALLY? YOU disappoint me.:eusa_hand: YOU know God-Damned better than that son...Re-Evaluate. Or does NOT a rhetorical question ever appear on YOUR radar?

Oh dear! Those rascally indoctrination centers (aka "public schools") no longer teach the difference between a question and an answer!

You want gear to defend against rubber bullets and smoke bombs? I've got that right now.

Maybe we should have the government supply everyone with armor plated baby beds to defend our children from government grenade attacks.

Oh dear! Those rascally indoctrination centers (aka "public schools") no longer teach the difference between a question and an answer!
Which is precisely what I Posed unto you.:eusa_hand:

Good attempt at a SAVE though. DON'T Patronize me...EVER.

Maybe we should have the government supply everyone with armor plated baby beds to defend our children from government grenade attacks.

That incident was beyond the pale. Not that the others aren't but that poor baby will now bare the scars of that over the top raid for the rest of his life.

Forum List

Back