Wanna See A Real Democrat?

McCarthy was right. The evidence these last 50 years is quite clear, and nothing you say can change that.

You people are no different than your 20th Century European and Chinese predecessors.

You didn't win them, and you won't win now.

Did you pay for being brainwashed, or are you perennially in denial, or completely ignorant?

McCarthy was a drunk, and Trump is an incarnate of McCarthy sans alcohol. Both sought power by dividing our people and destroying the lives of those who oppose them; history will note their infamy.

I can save you a significant amount of time: it is unnecessary for you to prove yourself a fool each day.......folks have a memory.

Senator McCarthy was an American hero.

Senator Joe McCarthy confronted government officials concealing communist involvement and excessively lax security with regards to Communists in sensitive U.S. Government posts. In many cases he was on target, with over 81 of the names he gave the Tydings committee resulting in resignations or movement of security risks. Given that over 200 of the spies uncovered in the Venona decrypts were never identified, we can only speculate as to the national security impact of removing Communists from key DoD and State Dept posts.

Arthur Herman, author of "Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator," says that the accuracy of McCarthy's charges "was no longer a matter of debate," that they are "now accepted as fact."

And The New York Post's Eric Fettmann has noted: "growing historical evidence underscores that, whatever his rhetorical and investigative excesses - and they were substantial - McCarthy was a lot closer to the truth about Communism than were his foes."

"...destroying the lives of those who oppose them; "

Watch how deftly I plug your pie hole with a simple challenge.

Name any non-communist or non-supporters of communism, whose life Senator McCarthy destroyed.

Go to hell, that's the place for you and other damn liars!

I can't......Satan has an order of protection against me.

Notice how deftly I plug your pie hole with a simple challenge.

Name any non-communist or non-supporters of communism, whose life Senator McCarthy destroyed.

One comes to mind and there were a lot more whose lives came to a dead end for at least 10 years. One that comes to mind was Cliff Roberson. I know from living in that ear that he was one of the ones that McCarthy went after hard. Yet, there is zero mention of it on the Internet. He was a hugely bankable Leading Man Actor and back then, the Studios protected their assets with a vengence including manipulation of the press so it's no wonder that it's just not mentioned. But if you take note, there is a huge gap from the end of WWII and 1955 in his work. He couldn't even get a job on TV much less Film or Stage. In 1955 when McCarthy was winding down, his career took off like a shot. Others of less talent or notoriety weren't so lucky.

"...he was one of the ones that McCarthy went after hard. Yet, there is zero mention of it on the Internet. "

You could have claimed Mickey Mouse,.....with an equivalent amount of documentation.

I think you're full of ......baloney.

Senator Joe McCarthy confronted government officials concealing communist involvement and excessively lax security with regards to Communists in sensitive U.S. Government posts. In many cases he was on target, with over 81 of the names he gave the Tydings committee resulting in resignations or movement of security risks. Given that over 200 of the spies uncovered in the Venona decrypts were never identified, we can only speculate as to the national security impact of removing Communists from key DoD and State Dept posts.

He had nothing to do with Hollywood.

Please disregard anything posted to support Sen. McCarthy, and anything posted by PoliticalChic. The more she*(?) posts, them the least credible she(?) becomes; only the most biddable fools eat up her(?) bullshit.

*I use the ? as to her(?) gender because she(?) might be a programmed creation of Kim Jon-un. She(?) might be nothing more than a floppy disc.

McCarthy was right. The evidence these last 50 years is quite clear, and nothing you say can change that.

You people are no different than your 20th Century European and Chinese predecessors.

Did you pay for being brainwashed, or are you perennially in denial, or completely ignorant?

McCarthy was a drunk, and Trump is an incarnate of McCarthy sans alcohol. Both sought power by dividing our people and destroying the lives of those who oppose them; history will note their infamy.

I can save you a significant amount of time: it is unnecessary for you to prove yourself a fool each day.......folks have a memory.

Arthur Herman, author of "Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator," says that the accuracy of McCarthy's charges "was no longer a matter of debate," that they are "now accepted as fact."

And The New York Post's Eric Fettmann has noted: "growing historical evidence underscores that, whatever his rhetorical and investigative excesses - and they were substantial - McCarthy was a lot closer to the truth about Communism than were his foes."

One comes to mind and there were a lot more whose lives came to a dead end for at least 10 years. One that comes to mind was Cliff Roberson. I know from living in that ear that he was one of the ones that McCarthy went after hard. Yet, there is zero mention of it on the Internet. He was a hugely bankable Leading Man Actor and back then, the Studios protected their assets with a vengence including manipulation of the press so it's no wonder that it's just not mentioned. But if you take note, there is a huge gap from the end of WWII and 1955 in his work. He couldn't even get a job on TV much less Film or Stage. In 1955 when McCarthy was winding down, his career took off like a shot. Others of less talent or notoriety weren't so lucky.

"...he was one of the ones that McCarthy went after hard. Yet, there is zero mention of it on the Internet. "

You could have claimed Mickey Mouse,.....with an equivalent amount of documentation.

Please disregard anything posted to support Sen. McCarthy, and anything posted by PoliticalChic. The more she*(?) posts, them the least credible she(?) becomes; only the most biddable fools eat up her(?) bullshit.

*I use the ? as to her(?) gender because she(?) might be a programmed creation of Kim Jon-un. She(?) might be nothing more than a floppy disc.

Wow, she really beat the snot out of you.

If your intent was to prove what an imbecile you are.....mission accomplished.

You must be deeply embarrassed at how easily I destroyed your claim about McCarthy.

Ummm ... Robertson's first film was 1955.

Cliff Robertson - Wikipedia

This is the only blacklist I am aware of, which was in 1977. He came back in "Brainstorm" (1982).

The late Cliff Robertson was blackballed in Hollywood due to his reporting a fraud that involved a rogue studio executive embezzling money and using Robertson’s name to do so. Although the executive was fired, Robertson was told not to report the matter as it was a relatively common practice. Robertson did and both he and his wife, actor Dina Merrill found themselves blackballed for roughly five years.

Robertson’s career “righted itself” after that point. However he never regained the popularity that he experienced in the late 1960s and early 1970s and he became a character actor who never again had leading role in a film again. Robertson died in 2011.

STATEMENT: This is the only blacklist I am aware of, which was in 1977 [Cliff Robertson]

RESPONSE: Maybe you ought to ignore PoliticalChic and Donald Trump too.

Maybe Billy ought to read some US History?

This is the only blacklist I am aware of, which was in 1977. He came back in "Brainstorm" (1982).

The late Cliff Robertson was blackballed in Hollywood due to his reporting a fraud that involved a rogue studio executive embezzling money and using Robertson’s name to do so. Although the executive was fired, Robertson was told not to report the matter as it was a relatively common practice. Robertson did and both he and his wife, actor Dina Merrill found themselves blackballed for roughly five years.

Robertson’s career “righted itself” after that point. However he never regained the popularity that he experienced in the late 1960s and early 1970s and he became a character actor who never again had leading role in a film again. Robertson died in 2011.

STATEMENT: This is the only blacklist I am aware of, which was in 1977 [Cliff Ropertson]

RESPONSE:

When one finds an individual as ignorant as you are....well,.....destroying your pretense is hardly difficult.

Senator McCarthy never...NEVER...destroyed any innocent lives.

I forced you to prove that.

Now....about Hollywood actors: McCarthy had nothing....NOTHING....to do with that.

" Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood. When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.

From “blacklist survivor” Norma Barzman about her ‘exile’ in Paris: “We had dinner with Picasso every Tuesday night when we were at our country house in Provence. It was hard, but it was the time of my life.” (Dennis Hamilton, “Keeper of the Flame: A Blacklist Survivor,” Los Angeles Times, October 3, 2000) The horror, the horror.

“Ten Hollywood scribblers who subscribed to an ideology responsible for murder by the millions refused to admit their membership in the Communist Party to a House Committee. All they had to do was ‘fess up. But they felt they had the right not to tell the truth, so they were briefly jailed for contempt.” (Ann Coulter, “Treason,” p.77)

BTW, when the ‘Ten’ claimed a First Amendment right not to answer the House’s questions, the Supreme Court refused to even hear the case. (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,812216,00.html)

Soooo.....when will you be changing your avi to "Imbecile"????

You really are just too easy. You need to do a little research so that you can at least make is sporting.

Hollywood blacklist
Even during the period of its strictest enforcement, from the late 1940s through to the late 1950s, the blacklist was rarely made explicit or verifiable, but it quickly and directly damaged or ended the careers and income of scores of individuals working in the film industry

And don't forget these 10

Watch that documentary. It covers a lot about the rights of every US Citizen.

You really are just too easy. You need to do a little research so that you can at least make is sporting.

Hollywood blacklist
Even during the period of its strictest enforcement, from the late 1940s through to the late 1950s, the blacklist was rarely made explicit or verifiable, but it quickly and directly damaged or ended the careers and income of scores of individuals working in the film industry

And don't forget these 10

Watch that documentary. It covers a lot about the rights of every US Citizen.

Watch me mess you up big time.

. Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood. When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.

From “blacklist survivor” Norma Barzman about her ‘exile’ in Paris: “We had dinner with Picasso every Tuesday night when we were at our country house in Provence. It was hard, but it was the time of my life.” (Dennis Hamilton, “Keeper of the Flame: A Blacklist Survivor,” Los Angeles Times, October 3, 2000) The horror, the horror.

“Ten Hollywood scribblers who subscribed to an ideology responsible for murder by the millions refused to admit their membership in the Communist Party to a House Committee. All they had to do was ‘fess up. But they felt they had the right not to tell the truth, so they were briefly jailed for contempt.” (Ann Coulter, “Treason,” p.77)

BTW, when the ‘Ten’ claimed a First Amendment right not to answer the House’s questions, the Supreme Court refused to even hear the case. (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,812216,00.html)

McCarthy was in the SENATE.

HUAC......the House Unamerican Activities Committee.....

Here's where you say..."...duhhhhhhhhhhh..."

STATEMENT: This is the only blacklist I am aware of, which was in 1977 [Cliff Robertson]

Maybe Rye should comprehend that I was responding to Daryl's specific post ABOUT CLIFF ROBERTSON.

Has your water been tested lately, Rye? :auiqs.jpg:

BTW.......before the 'blacklist' push-back against communists, the communists owned Hollywood just as they do now.

And they blacklisted pro-Americans.

"Communists in high positions in Hollywood were able to see to it that ant-Communist works never made it to the screen.

Writing in "The Worker," Dalton Trumbo bragged about de facto anti-Communist blacklisting. "We have produced a few fine films in Hollywood, a great many of which were vulgar and opportunistic and a few downright vicious. If you tell me Hollywood, in contrast with the novel and the theater, has produced nothing so provocative or so progressive asFreedom RoadorDeep Are the Roots, I will grant you the point, but I may also add that neither has Hollywood produced anything so untrue or so reactionary asThe Yogi and the Commissar,Out of the Night,Report on the Russians,There Shall Be No Night, orAdventures of a Young Man. Nor does Hollywood's forthcoming schedule include such tempting items as James T. FarrellBernard Clare, Victor A. KravchenkoI Chose Freedom, or the so-called biography of Stalin by Leon Trotsky." FrontPage Magazine - Orwell vs. Communism

You didn't know that did you?

Think that will be in any Hollywood hagiography of the communist Trumbo?

It didn't do a thing to me. Didn't lay a glove on me. I produced facts. The questions demanded during the McCarthy Trials, I would have answered the same way they did and spent the next year in prison as well. And I would like to believe that MOST Americans would as well. The Senate tried to rectify it's shame but much of the damage was done. I use Cliff Robertson as an example because it hurt him from 1947 to 1955 just when his career should have been building the strongest. But in 1955, after the 2nd Red Scare was addressed, it started to blossom. He was a success in spite of the 2nd Red Scare. Others weren't so lucky.

Maybe Rye should comprehend that I was responding to Daryl's specific post ABOUT CLIFF ROBERTSON.

And you were correct for 1977. But not for 1947 to 1955. It's called "Throwing more Bullshit into the Ball Game".

It didn't do a thing to me. Didn't lay a glove on me. I produced facts. The questions demanded during the McCarthy Trials, I would have answered the same way they did and spent the next year in prison as well. And I would like to believe that MOST Americans would as well. The Senate tried to rectify it's shame but much of the damage was done. I use Cliff Robertson as an example because it hurt him from 1947 to 1955

:auiqs.jpg:

His work record says otherwise. Where do you get this stuff?

And you were correct for 1977. But not for 1947 to 1955. It's called "Throwing more Bullshit into the Ball Game".

Here he is as "Rod Brown of the Rocket Rangers", 1953.

MV5BOTc0NzExNTItMmNlYS00NWI1LTkzY2MtZTQyMDRkMjllZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIxNzIwMw@@._V1_UY268_CR11,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

It didn't do a thing to me. Didn't lay a glove on me. I produced facts. The questions demanded during the McCarthy Trials, I would have answered the same way they did and spent the next year in prison as well. And I would like to believe that MOST Americans would as well. The Senate tried to rectify it's shame but much of the damage was done. I use Cliff Robertson as an example because it hurt him from 1947 to 1955 just when his career should have been building the strongest. But in 1955, after the 2nd Red Scare was addressed, it started to blossom. He was a success in spite of the 2nd Red Scare. Others weren't so lucky.

"It didn't do a thing to me. Didn't lay a glove on me. I produced facts."

Now you're lying.

Every reader will see you blamed SENATOR McCarty, and every case of blackballing related to the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

I find it, and you, disgusting, how easily you resort to lies when you've been taken to the woodshed.

Two facts revealed: McCarthy had nothing to do with the case you claimed he did,

.....and you are a low-life scummy liar.

Get lost.

It didn't do a thing to me. Didn't lay a glove on me. I produced facts. The questions demanded during the McCarthy Trials, I would have answered the same way they did and spent the next year in prison as well. And I would like to believe that MOST Americans would as well. The Senate tried to rectify it's shame but much of the damage was done. I use Cliff Robertson as an example because it hurt him from 1947 to 1955

:auiqs.jpg:

His work record says otherwise. Where do you get this stuff?

By compiling many sources and living a very long life. His filmology is a good start. Look it up. Cliff Robertson has a complete dead spell from 1947 to 1955. No TV, no Films, No Plays. But in 1955, he starts cranking up. By 1963, Robertson was as hot a box office draw as John Wayne except Robertson didn't have the sense to turn down parts like Wayne did so he did a lot of mediocre parts as well. During that dry spell, I wonder how many floors he swept, how many cabs he drove, how many dishes he washed.

I posted a short documentary about the 10. Watch it and see if that's the way you want America to go. I don't. I should NEVER question if your religion is the "Right one". Or your Party Line is the "Right One". But that is what is going on now. The only difference is, it's now considered not part of the voting process. And it's still a private issue on whom you voted for while you are in the voting booth.

STATEMENT: This is the only blacklist I am aware of, which was in 1977 [Cliff Ropertson]

RESPONSE:

When one finds an individual as ignorant as you are....well,.....destroying your pretense is hardly difficult.

Now....about Hollywood actors: McCarthy had nothing....NOTHING....to do with that.

" Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood. When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.

"
Sorry, you've reached a page that doesn't exist.

RESPONSE:

"

"Only a few high-priced lawyers maneuvering desperately stood last week between "the Hollywood ten" and jail. Two of the noisy leftist screenwriters and directors had been convicted of contempt of Congress, fined $1,000 each, sentenced to one-year jail terms for refusing to tell the House Un-American Activities Committee their political affiliations. Last week the Supreme Court decided, 6 to 2, not to hear their appeals. "

Face it.....I'm never wrong.

MV5BOTc0NzExNTItMmNlYS00NWI1LTkzY2MtZTQyMDRkMjllZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIxNzIwMw@@._V1_UY268_CR11,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Wow, you are reaching. It ran 58 epsisodes and was pretty much a copy of Tom Corbett that ran from 1950 to 1952. Due to a law suit, the Rocket Rangers were forbidden to be rebroadcast after it was concluded. This was a children's show and not considered a serious acting job. Robertson took the job because it was all he could get.

Here is the Creed from the show. Maybe you should follow it yourself.

ON MY HONOR AS A ROCKET RANGER, I PLEDGE THAT: I SHALL always chart my course according to the Constitution of the United States of America. I SHALL never cross orbits with the Rights and Beliefs of others. I SHALL blast at full space-speed to protect the Weak and Innocent. I SHALL stay out of collision orbit with the laws of my State and Community. I SHALL cruise in parallel orbit with my Parents and Teachers. I SHALL not roar my rockets unwisely, and shall be Courteous at all times. I SHALL keep my gyros steady and reactors burning by being Industrious and Thrifty. I SHALL keep my scanner tuned to Learning and remain coupled to my Studies. I SHALL keep my mind out of free-fall by being mentally alert. I SHALL blast the meteors from the paths of other people by being Kind and Considerate.

RESPONSE:

"

"Only a few high-priced lawyers maneuvering desperately stood last week between "the Hollywood ten" and jail. Two of the noisy leftist screenwriters and directors had been convicted of contempt of Congress, fined $1,000 each, sentenced to one-year jail terms for refusing to tell the House Un-American Activities Committee their political affiliations. Last week the Supreme Court decided, 6 to 2, not to hear their appeals. "

Face it.....I'm never wrong.

Another pay wall.

Wow, you are reaching. It ran 58 epsisodes and was pretty much a copy of Tom Corbett that ran from 1950 to 1952. Due to a law suit, the Rocket Rangers were forbidden to be rebroadcast after it was concluded. This was a children's show and not considered a serious acting job. Robertson took the job because it was all he could get.

Here is the Creed from the show. Maybe you should follow it yourself.

ON MY HONOR AS A ROCKET RANGER, I PLEDGE THAT: I SHALL always chart my course according to the Constitution of the United States of America. I SHALL never cross orbits with the Rights and Beliefs of others. I SHALL blast at full space-speed to protect the Weak and Innocent. I SHALL stay out of collision orbit with the laws of my State and Community. I SHALL cruise in parallel orbit with my Parents and Teachers. I SHALL not roar my rockets unwisely, and shall be Courteous at all times. I SHALL keep my gyros steady and reactors burning by being Industrious and Thrifty. I SHALL keep my scanner tuned to Learning and remain coupled to my Studies. I SHALL keep my mind out of free-fall by being mentally alert. I SHALL blast the meteors from the paths of other people by being Kind and Considerate.

Irrelevant. It was television work. Most beginning actors take all they can get, and he was not known, much less famous at the time.

He was also playing Broadway. He was not blacklisted.

Forum List

Back