Walmart...

If Walmart is having a hard time it's not because of wages its because they are losing their market supremacy to Amazon. Both are looking to to make human workers a thing of the past. Every job that can be mechanized eventually will be because it's even cheaper than slave labor. Flesh and blood cannot compete with that.

Oh, I don't see Walmart having a hard time at all. The store was packed. The parking lot of my local store in Florida is always packed. Our store in Florida has increased the number of self-serve lanes after Florida voters approved a $15 minimum wage.

Simply put, the skill level of the job is not worthy of $15 an hour. So, in response, Walmart will invest in these self-serve aisles which will pay for themselves in pretty short order...
Yes we need to make sure all the profits flow up to the Walton family, who enjoy their many mansions, private jets, and exotic vacations.
Why do you insist a company has to pay more to get something done than they need to? Would you insist they pay an army of people to mop the floors on hands and knees when they don't need to?
Because workers deserve a good wage. Why do you like living in the richest nation in the world but where millions of workers get paid poorly, while the ultra rich make enormous sums of cash?
I like living here because I can still, with the right combination of factors, rise above where I started from, or choose to trade financial success for other things. IOW, freedom is good. The reality is, technology is rapidly rendering low wage manual laborers superfluous.

Now, forcing businesses to pay artificially high wages for jobs that are not worth that much is simple welfare, and if society believes everyone should be paid more than what they produce, it should be up to society to levy taxes, collect them and write the checks. Don't turn business into welfare distribution centers.
Minimum wage is low enough in many places that people can still get food stamps. That is a direct government subsidy for paying people chickenfeed.
Its a subsidy for having more children than you can afford. Basically, getting free food for being a dumbass.
Bitch. bitch, bitch. Even raising one or two kids isn't getting any cheaper while wages stay so flat that the government has to eventually try to do something about it. If we had real non-mandated wage growth we would not being having this conversation.
Wages wouldnt need to raise nearly as much if the corrupt government stayed out of the economy.
You federal supremacists reward the govt with more power for fucking it up in the first place.
You people are goddamn retarded.
And i wasnt bitching. I was correcting your ignorant post. There is a difference.

If Walmart is having a hard time it's not because of wages its because they are losing their market supremacy to Amazon. Both are looking to to make human workers a thing of the past. Every job that can be mechanized eventually will be because it's even cheaper than slave labor. Flesh and blood cannot compete with that.

Oh, I don't see Walmart having a hard time at all. The store was packed. The parking lot of my local store in Florida is always packed. Our store in Florida has increased the number of self-serve lanes after Florida voters approved a $15 minimum wage.

Simply put, the skill level of the job is not worthy of $15 an hour. So, in response, Walmart will invest in these self-serve aisles which will pay for themselves in pretty short order...
Yes we need to make sure all the profits flow up to the Walton family, who enjoy their many mansions, private jets, and exotic vacations.
Why do you insist a company has to pay more to get something done than they need to? Would you insist they pay an army of people to mop the floors on hands and knees when they don't need to?
Because workers deserve a good wage. Why do you like living in the richest nation in the world but where millions of workers get paid poorly, while the ultra rich make enormous sums of cash?
I like living here because I can still, with the right combination of factors, rise above where I started from, or choose to trade financial success for other things. IOW, freedom is good. The reality is, technology is rapidly rendering low wage manual laborers superfluous.

Now, forcing businesses to pay artificially high wages for jobs that are not worth that much is simple welfare, and if society believes everyone should be paid more than what they produce, it should be up to society to levy taxes, collect them and write the checks. Don't turn business into welfare distribution centers.
Minimum wage is low enough in many places that people can still get food stamps. That is a direct government subsidy for paying people chickenfeed.

Of which Wal-Mart benefits greatly. They don't want to pay people enough to live on, they want taxpayers to subsidize this and have Wal Mart benefit from it.
Here's reality. Wal-Mart is not RESPONSIBLE to "pay people enough to live on". In fact, there are many workers who don't NEED a job to pay them "enough to live on", for example, most teenagers and retirees who are just looking for some extra cash and something to stay busy doing. But the bottom line remains, states and cities can set their own MW if they want to. Why does Washington have to force everyone into a one size doesn't fit all box?

This started out as as complaint over Florida raising their minimum wage to $15 an hour.
Yet it always gets framed as a national issue because the national MW gets tossed around as if that's the only one. Basically, there's no need for a national MW because state and local authorities can set their own as high as they want.

Yesterday I stopped into a Walmart in Wooster, Ohio to pick up a cheap gym bag. I actually found a pretty nice one, not exactly "cheap", but not outlandish. I figured I'd scored and headed to the front of the store.

When I got there, I was shocked to see that not a single check-out lane had an actual cashier. Every single lane was self-serve. Every. Single. One.

Years ago, my then 16 year old daughter made $6.25 an hour as a cashier for Walmart. As long as her grades were good, we allowed her to work as many hours as she was offered. She wasn't getting rich, obviously, but she had her own money to do with as she pleased.

When I asked the self-serve "attendant" about it, she told me that they went to an all self-serve model after the minimum wage became the latest perceived panacea for the left. There were about 20 checkout lanes. There's only one person overseeing the self-checkout lanes.

That means that 19 people who could've had cashier jobs have been replaced by technology.

That's very good news for Walmart, and very shitty news for the 19 people who could've had those jobs...
Most of the Krogers I go to are similar. For everyone one lane that has a person there are 20 that are automated.

And therein lies the key, "in many places". States and cities are free to set their MW where it works best for them. Like I said, if society thinks everyone should earn a basic income, society should set it up. Tax the crap out of everyone or just print the money until inflation kills everything and print the checks.

We've been printing, printing, printing for the markets but people only get upset when those on the bottom rungs are able to benefit from that.
We're going to have a very large bill to pay shortly. Inflation is going to hit hard soon as pent up demand explodes and supply chains lag behind.
Consumers can and will accept nickle and diming sales savings. Walmart executives are grounded in serving the consumer that shops whatever bargains are afforded them.

Walmart is not afraid of the shocking inflation Biden is creating along with his little circle of gimme-gimmies the leftwing media omits in their hopes for takedown of Republicans forever with their politically timed faux chagrin.

/wah wah trumpet :lmao:

And therein lies the key, "in many places". States and cities are free to set their MW where it works best for them. Like I said, if society thinks everyone should earn a basic income, society should set it up. Tax the crap out of everyone or just print the money until inflation kills everything and print the checks.

We've been printing, printing, printing for the markets but people only get upset when those on the bottom rungs are able to benefit from that.
It’s strange that it works that way. It’s as if Americans want large segments of the population poor and suffering, in the richest nation in the world.

Because workers deserve a good wage.

They "deserve" it? Why?
You might look at Western Europe. Their workers are unionized, have HC, and job security. Oh but we can’t have that in the US. The rich deserve all the profits.

Would you like to respond again, or are you satisfied with failing to answer the question?

Why does someone "deserve" a good paying job?
Because it’s the American Way.
Yeah, not so much...
Very true. It’s the American Way to make sure workers are paid shit and the senior people get fabulously wealthy.
Nonsense.

Why do you believe an employer has a responsibility which is greater and more important than the health of his business?
I don’t. You’re confusing things.

A better question is, why do you want all the money flowing to the top?

It’s strange that it works that way. It’s as if Americans want large segments of the population poor and suffering, in the richest nation in the world.
All the printing and borrowing will ultimately cost America hugely. We were told in each case that we were doing it to prevent the economy from collapsing, but every new stimulus bill that gets larded up with democrat gimmees just makes the ultimate collapse that much worse. They're playing hot potato with the whole thing, with each new president and legislator adding to the mountain and hoping they'll be out of office before it crashes.

They "deserve" it? Why?
You might look at Western Europe. Their workers are unionized, have HC, and job security. Oh but we can’t have that in the US. The rich deserve all the profits.

Would you like to respond again, or are you satisfied with failing to answer the question?

Yeah, not so much...
Very true. It’s the American Way to make sure workers are paid shit and the senior people get fabulously wealthy.
Nonsense.

Why do you believe an employer has a responsibility which is greater and more important than the health of his business?

The only way to stop that is to cut off the global economy. Labor costs money, and when you make that labor too expensive, the company finds alternatives. First there was outsourcing, just get cheaper workers to do the same job and if the consumer doesn't care about or can even tell that the quality is lower, they're happy because the poor can afford to shop. Now there's automation, and we see that everywhere. It won't be long before the unskilled and uneducated laborer will have a very difficult time finding work.

Here's the bottom line. You're going to have to demand higher prices from companies so they pay their workers more. Organize boycotts and go public saying cheap goods that the poor can afford to buy are a travesty and you insist on higher prices.

Its a subsidy for having more children than you can afford. Basically, getting free food for being a dumbass.
Bitch. bitch, bitch. Even raising one or two kids isn't getting any cheaper while wages stay so flat that the government has to eventually try to do something about it. If we had real non-mandated wage growth we would not being having this conversation.
Wages wouldnt need to raise nearly as much if the corrupt government stayed out of the economy.
You federal supremacists reward the govt with more power for fucking it up in the first place.
You people are goddamn retarded.
And i wasnt bitching. I was correcting your ignorant post. There is a difference.
Sounds like you need a Midol. Never forget that government intervention in the economy arises from the failures of capitalism to meet the needs of society. In our case it's more accurate to say that the government absorbs the failures of capitalism in order to keep the economy stable.

They "deserve" it? Why?

Yeah, not so much...
Nonsense.

The only way to stop that is to cut off the global economy. Labor costs money, and when you make that labor too expensive, the company finds alternatives. First there was outsourcing, just get cheaper workers to do the same job and if the consumer doesn't care about or can even tell that the quality is lower, they're happy because the poor can afford to shop. Now there's automation, and we see that everywhere. It won't be long before the unskilled and uneducated laborer will have a very difficult time finding work.

Here's the bottom line. You're going to have to demand higher prices from companies so they pay their workers more. Organize boycotts and go public saying cheap goods that the poor can afford to buy are a travesty and you insist on higher prices.
Yeah paying workers a good wage is just too difficult for Americans. Europeans can do it successfully because they are so much smarter. They don’t have legions of billionaires to support.

"It's as if Americans want large segments of the population poor and suffering...."

I do not think Americans wish ill fortune on anybody. Most Americans hope for prosperity and the American dream for all. And most Americans believe Washington D.C. delegates do, too. Unfortunately some who are charged with the responsibility of caring for the common defense instead breed anger and contempt when a vice president goes to the Ukraine set to receive foreign aid in the billions and puts the bite on them for a 30% kickback in the next 6 hours or he will cut off all foreign aid to the country whose officials think 2 billion dollars is better than nothing. That is not only not in accordance with the Constitution, it is illegal. It is also wrong to insert a victim of dementia which Is mental incapacitation into high office.

Americans are getting tired of political maneuvering to destroy human freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution in order to make America into a 1 party state dictated by scociocommunism aimed at expedient whip cracking of our diverse population into an oligarchical system by brainwashed social engineers funded by Biden's extortions of taxes in a wash away evidence schema by the Biden Rasputians du jour. That is so disgusting.

They "deserve" it? Why?

Yeah, not so much...
Nonsense.

Yeah paying workers a good wage is just too difficult for Americans. Europeans can do it successfully because they are so much smarter. They don’t have legions of billionaires to support.
They also pay higher prices for things. That's all you have to do here, convince everyone that allowing the poor to afford goods and services is a bad thing and we all need to pay higher prices.

They "deserve" it? Why?

Yeah, not so much...
Nonsense.

They also pay higher prices for things. That's all you have to do here, convince everyone that allowing the poor to afford goods and services is a bad thing and we all need to pay higher prices.
Let’s see? Do we want workers paid well to avoid a nation full of poor and lower class people, or do we want to pay a little more for the products we buy? Oh what a terrible conundrum.

Last edited:

They "deserve" it? Why?

Yeah, not so much...
Nonsense.

Let’s see? Do we want workers paid well to avoid a nation full of poor and lower class people, or do we want to pay a little more for the products we buy? Oh what terrible conundrum.

Prices at Walmart are significantly lower than we had in the past. A pair of Walmart jeans can be had for $11 bucks or so, less than what they cost at Sears in the 1980's

They "deserve" it? Why?

Yeah, not so much...
Nonsense.

Let’s see? Do we want workers paid well to avoid a nation full of poor and lower class people, or do we want to pay a little more for the products we buy? Oh what terrible conundrum.

Prices at Walmart are significantly lower than we had in the past. A pair of Walmart jeans can be had for $11 bucks or so, less than what they cost at Sears in the 1980's
Back in the 1960s, we had a family member working at Sears in the men’s shoe department. He supported two kids and an at home wife on his salary. Apparently times were better then.

We're going to have a very large bill to pay shortly. Inflation is going to hit hard soon as pent up demand explodes and supply chains lag behind.

Sure we will. You can't pour trillions into the markets and expect any different.

Forum List

Back