Walmart closes all US stores at night.....

Cash may not be a problem...….but groceries otoh, good luck with that.

I hit Walmart yesterday and there was NO paper products(toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, etc), coffee, bread, canned foods, eggs, staples of any kind and only a few soaps, cheese, meats, frozen, boxed & prepared stuffs...…...it looked like Venezuela.

Went to Safeway today, they had more foods available, but also skimpy and no toilet paper either
Now the thousand dollar question. Did that make you want to get some TP?

I have some......for now anyway and hopefully stores can get restocked again soon.

Though I did have to tell my 18yo & 20yo that if the stores don't...….they may have to use the 'family cloth'. They were none too happy with that idea, once I explained. :21:

I'm almost scared to ask about the "family cloth". What's that about?

Think 'reuseable' cloth......use, wash, rinse, repeat.....and they had to do their own washing & rinsing
My mom is from Mississippi and they were so poor they used a cloth and sometimes corn husks.

When I was a kid, some family still used outhouses. Never had to use a cloth or corn husks, but Montgomery Wards or Sears catalogs...…..but then I don't think they still make catalogs

Now the thousand dollar question. Did that make you want to get some TP?

I have some......for now anyway and hopefully stores can get restocked again soon.

Though I did have to tell my 18yo & 20yo that if the stores don't...….they may have to use the 'family cloth'. They were none too happy with that idea, once I explained. :21:

Think 'reuseable' cloth......use, wash, rinse, repeat.....and they had to do their own washing & rinsing
My mom is from Mississippi and they were so poor they used a cloth and sometimes corn husks.

When I was a kid, some family still used outhouses. Never had to use a cloth or corn husks, but Montgomery Wards or Sears catalogs...…..but then I don't think they still make catalogs
Yeah they had an outhouse. I couldnt believe it when I saw where and how they lived. Gave me a healthy respect for what they were able to accomplish.

The employees have to be allowed to work without being mobbed by crazed customers.

This will end in a day or two. As soon as the public sees there are no shortages it will all calm down.

Yeah they had an outhouse. I couldnt believe it when I saw where and how they lived. Gave me a healthy respect for what they were able to accomplish.

They weren't pussies in the old days.

You see, there isn't that much difference between 'black & white' lives, or red, yellow or brown. We are all the same on the inside and subject to the same problems. Sure there are extremists & racists...….but that too happens within all races.

I've heard so many times 'You know you're poor black when...….' and all I can say is, that runs both ways (actually ALL ways). Poverty doesn't exempt anyone, regardless of their skin color....doesn't matter. We are all the same. The biggest differences are our particular circumstances.

I've used outhouses, stayed in homes without 220amp (wood cookstove & heat source, wringer washer & hanging to dry), 6 or more kids in 1 or 2 bedrooms, stuff like that. Been lined up with cousins when we got in trouble and beat right along with the rest of them. My mother sent me out back to get a switch to beat my butt with and left welts......because she was raised similar, only worse.

Some have it better than others, many don't have anything. We fail ourselves and those around us, when we keep pointing fingers of blame.....when we all should point at ourselves first. If our lives suck, shouldn't we ask ourselves what we have done or failed to do to make it better?

You see, there isn't that much difference between 'black & white' lives, or red, yellow or brown. We are all the same on the inside and subject to the same problems. Sure there are extremists & racists...….but that too happens within all races.

I've heard so many times 'You know you're poor black when...….' and all I can say is, that runs both ways (actually ALL ways). Poverty doesn't exempt anyone, regardless of their skin color....doesn't matter. We are all the same. The biggest differences are our particular circumstances.

I've used outhouses, stayed in homes without 220amp (wood cookstove & heat source, wringer washer & hanging to dry), 6 or more kids in 1 or 2 bedrooms, stuff like that. Been lined up with cousins when we got in trouble and beat right along with the rest of them. My mother sent me out back to get a switch to beat my butt with and left welts......because she was raised similar, only worse.

Some have it better than others, many don't have anything. We fail ourselves and those around us, when we keep pointing fingers of blame.....when we all should point at ourselves first. If our lives suck, shouldn't we ask ourselves what we have done or failed to do to make it better?

I broke all the wringers. :(

Just bad luck..or..it seems they were all the same..bad manufacturing?

Or it's me being too heavy-handed.

All the wringers split on me.

Hand wringing sucks, too.

Ooo! Ooo! I gotta mop bucket now! Mop bucket wringer can replace the old crank ones!

Yeah..I gotta washing machine. Do have washtub and rub board + mop wringer if washer + backup or power goes out.

Its all well and good to ask yourself what you are doing. Matter of fact that is what I insist of any Black child I mentor. However, you do have to explain reality and understand the nature of the task at hand. The reality is that no matter how hard an individual white person has it we know for sure its not simply because they are white. Theres a difference between an excuse and a reason. A reason is that the US was built on racism and still practices it which will close some doors to you. An excuse is letting that fact keep you from getting up every time racism knocks you down.

Or it's me too heavy-handed.

Ooo! Ooo! I gotta mop bucket now! Mop bucket wringer can replace the old crank ones!

That might come in handy with that 'dedicated' cloth too......

Cousins had a wringer washer and while running the clothes thru, got my finger caught in between the rollers. Panicked and forgot how to open them to release. Hit the wrong thing and reversed the rollers & my finger. Thought it was going to pop, it hurt so bad

Cousins had a wringer washer and while running the clothes thru, got my finger caught in between the rollers. Panicked and forgot how to open them to release. Hit the wrong thing and reversed the rollers & my finger. Thought it was going to pop, it hurt so bad
Yikes!
Umm..all our wringers were hand-crank. Kinda like a sausage grinder. Only nowhere near as good of a steel.
Cheap pot metal.

An excuse is letting that fact keep you from getting up every time racism knocks you down.

And it's just that....that many blacks do.

There have been too many blacks that have become successful in spite of any racism or economic or ??? challenges they've faced and overcome, for the majority to keep saying it's whitey's fault that we don't have......

When you only see the differences, you will never see the similarities. Similarities are what bring people together.

An excuse is letting that fact keep you from getting up every time racism knocks you down.

There have been too many blacks that have become successful in spite of any racism or economic or ??? challenges they've faced and overcome, for the majority to keep saying it's whitey's fault that we don't have......

When you only see the differences, you will never see the similarities. Similarities are what bring people together.

"And it's just that....that many blacks do."

i agree with you somewhat. However, I shouldnt have to work 10x as hard to get to the same place a white person with no worth ethic can get. As a Black person you cant help but see the differences. Those differences are exaggerated and cover up the similarities so all white people have to do is stop being racist and insist that the US pays its debt in full.

i agree with you somewhat. However, I shouldnt have to work 10x as hard to get to the same place a white person with no worth ethic can get. As a Black person you cant help but see the differences. Those differences are exaggerated and cover up the similarities so all white people have to do is stop being racist and insist that the US pays its debt in full.
"Pays its debt in full" Wtf does that mean?

Remove the wealth gap created by whites legislating themselves a head start. Paying the descendants of the enslaved their ancestors wages with interest.

Yikes!
Umm..all our wringers were hand-crank. Kinda like a sausage grinder. Only nowhere near as good of a steel.
Cheap pot metal.

This looks like a more fancy version than I remember (I was about 10, I think), but there was a handle or lever both on the side and on the top........but no grinder arm. One of the levers controlled the forward/backward direction of the rollers and the other lever controlled the open/close of the rollers.......I turned the wrong one

44391a8860db249c1a8c39fb529c8771.jpg

Yikes!
Cheap pot metal.

This looks like a more fancy version than I remember (I was about 10, I think), but there was a handle or lever both on the side and on the top........but no grinder arm. One of the levers controlled the forward/backward direction of the rollers and the other lever controlled the open/close of the rollers.......I turned the wrong one

44391a8860db249c1a8c39fb529c8771.jpg

Y'all must have been rich.

This is what I'm talking about:

Our (My) washtub is better, though. The wringers were crappier.
That's fairly similar though.
$_3.JPG

That's almost as cheap as all the wringers I broke.

I find no images on the internet that even come close.

So crappy, none survived! :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
That's lame. I always do my shopping at night. Fortunately I dont "need" to go; I have enough of everything. I wonder how long this sheeple stampede is gonna last..?

Nor should anyone be given preferences for jobs just because of their skin color yet have no education or experience in that field...…...and that includes ALL races mind you. Personally I think you should be paid and/or hired based on your work history, education & experience.....not just because it's the 'diverse' thing to do .

Remove the wealth gap created by whites legislating themselves a head start. Paying the descendants of the enslaved their ancestors wages with interest.

And that's where I get off this crazy train...…….NO There is nobody alive today that owes anyone or is responsible for what happened 200 years ago. Agreed your ancestors got fucked by mine, so did the Chinese, Japanese, Native Americans, Mexicans, Eskimos, and any other race they controlled in one way or another. I don't owe you anything.....same goes for anyone else.

And I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't agree to pay for what happened in the past either.

And who today still owns slaves????

Forum List

Back