Wages Rising, Prices Falling

Where'd the guy go who just claimed Oregon gas was at $2.74? His post disappeared.

I guess he didn't want to be caught lying his ass off.

Oregon Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Oregon

2r2m9gp.jpg

AAA has gas in Oregon on average at $2.63. State Prices AAA s Daily Fuel Gauge Report

So the person you claim is lying is a lot closer to the average price in the state then you cherry picking the cheapest area of the state. You are very misleading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Papageorgio
I provided a link for the gas prices all over Oregon, not just the part near Idaho. The link is right there in that post.

Cutter provided a single anecdotal price that we are supposed to take his word for. What if I said, "I got gas at the Shell near my house and it was $2.05!"

Get it now?

You clearly have no idea what "cherry picking" means.

Gas was $2.16 where I filled up last night, earlier in the day I was 400 miles further south and gas was $2.99. You called him a liar and we're proud of it. His price by all accounts with the AAA being $2.63 was correct. But you wanted to make a federal case and call him a liar.

I'm glad your prices are still around $2.05 a gallon.
When there is good news, there are people like you and cutter who bend over backwards to find a way to piss all over the good news, just because of who is in the White House. That was the point behind my OP.

Partisan hackery does not get more asinine than these attempts to throw out red herrings.

It's a simple fact that even at $2.63, gas is about a dollar lower than it was a few months ago. And it is this good news you are desperately trying to obfuscate.

Where'd the guy go who just claimed Oregon gas was at $2.74? His post disappeared.

2r2m9gp.jpg

AAA has gas in Oregon on average at $2.63. State Prices AAA s Daily Fuel Gauge Report

So the person you claim is lying is a lot closer to the average price in the state then you cherry picking the cheapest area of the state. You are very misleading.

Papageorgio
I provided a link for the gas prices all over Oregon, not just the part near Idaho. The link is right there in that post.

Cutter provided a single anecdotal price that we are supposed to take his word for. What if I said, "I got gas at the Shell near my house and it was $2.05!"

Get it now?

Gas was $2.16 where I filled up last night, earlier in the day I was 400 miles further south and gas was $2.99. You called him a liar and we're proud of it. His price by all accounts with the AAA being $2.63 was correct. But you wanted to make a federal case and call him a liar.

When there is good news, there are people like you and cutter who bend over backwards to find a way to piss all over the good news, just because of who is in the White House. That was the point behind my OP.

It does not get more asinine than that.

It's a simple fact that even at $2.63, gas is about a dollar lower than it was a few months ago. And it is this good news you are desperately trying to obfuscate.

I didn't piss all over it, you did! You called out cutter and I called you out that it was a strong possibility cutter was correct and you don't like it. Had you left the comment alone, I would not have said a thing. Gas prices going up help those in the Dakotas, my car goes almost 400 miles on 8 gallons, on long road trips. Around town, I don't use any gas and can go a few months without filling up.

You don't want others to shit on you, don't shit on them.

I said nothing about the prices being negative. Sorry, but you are turning into a pissy little left wing nut.

Besides a better economy and an positive outlook helps my business, idiot.

Papageorgio
Cutter made a claim about the price of gas in Oregon. He then deleted his post while I was looking up what gas prices were throughout Oregon to see if he was correct.

Understand? He deleted his post! Read my post, and you will see that I ask, "Where'd the guy go..."

He deleted his post.

After I posted the multiple data points, he reposted and gave the price of gas where he shops. That's why my post about gas prices in Oregon precedes his post about the price of gas at his Fred Meyer in Oregon.

I'm not psychic.

You got it exactly backwards over who was cherry picking.

Papageorgio
Cutter made a claim about the price of gas in Oregon. He then deleted his post while I was looking up what gas prices were throughout Oregon to see if he was correct.

Understand? He deleted his post! Read my post, and you will see that I ask, "Where'd the guy go..."

He deleted his post.

After I posted the multiple data points, he reposted and gave the price of gas where he shops. That's why my post about gas prices in Oregon precedes his post about the price of gas at his Fred Meyer in Oregon.

I'm not psychic.

So you call me out for hating good economic news. Got it.

2r2m9gp.jpg

Papageorgio

Get it now?

Partisan hackery does not get more asinine than these attempts to throw out red herrings.

same shit, different day with the shit garglers ... woe is me never fails to enter the scenario. A goose could lay a basket of golden eggs on their pillow and they would bitch about the way they were stacked in the basket and blame Obama for sitting them on the wrong damn pillow ..

2r2m9gp.jpg

Papageorgio

Get it now?

same shit, different day with the shit garglers ... woe is me never fails to enter the scenario. A goose could lay a basket of golden eggs on their pillow and they would bitch about the way they were stacked in the basket and blame Obama for sitting them on the wrong damn pillow ..

Say a extreme lefty whiner. You have no clue but that is nothing new.

Papageorgio

He deleted his post.

I'm not psychic.

Papageorgio
I will go on record right here as being wrong about that. It was a mistake to lump you in with partisans who try to piss on good news. I dragged you into a hasty generalization and deeply regret it.

You have my sincerest apologies.

Yesterday I went by Fred Mayer gas was $2.42. Went by later in the day gas was $2.71. So much for lower prices.
How much was it a year ago?

A dollar higher.

Prices lower, wages higher. Don't be so upset about it.

I don't know what planet you live on g5, but a wage increase of 3 cents over a month is will not help pay for the (again) rising cost of gas, and I don't understand how you see this as a major change. A 2% rise in wages over a year is pretty bad also:

"In February, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls
rose by 3 cents to $24.78. Over the year, average hourly earnings have risen by 2.0
percent. In February, average hourly earnings of private-sector production and
nonsupervisory employees were unchanged at $20.80."

Employment Situation Summary

That is what is called wage stagnation.

Last edited:
Papageorgio

He deleted his post.

I'm not psychic.

Papageorgio
I will go on record right here as being wrong about that. It was a mistake to lump you in with partisans who try to piss on good news. I dragged you into a hasty generalization and deeply regret it.

You have my sincerest apologies.

g5000, I humbly except your apology and wish to extend mine, it was not my fight to take up.

I don't care for many of Obama's policies as I believe they hurt our country. I don't want the economy to fail, to many are hurt.

Thank you again, I appreciate the apology.

Moreover at an average of 34 hours per workweek suggests that more people are taking more part time jobs than full time. The labor participation rate is still low, and people continue to leave the workforce, and are thusly not counted in the official statistic. There were 732,000 discouraged workers (or those who have left or failed to find work) which jumped an even 50,000 from January:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Looks great on the outside, looks not so good on the inside. Believe me, I want to celebrate as much as you, but the raw statistics say this isn't a real recovery. What we have here are people celebrating incrementalism.

Nothing in the link says anything about priced falling, except for oil.

Oh, okay. Then here's another one for you:
Falling Food and Gas Prices Stoke Consumer Confidence

We had a lot of whiners on this forum in the past year manufacturing bullshit about "skyrocketing" food prices and blaming Obama. Wanna see?

Soaring food and gas prices.....can't wait for the Skyrocketing electricity.....gee thanks Dimwits....:eusa_hand:

"thanks Dimwits".

I can't wait for him to thank the "Dimwits" for falling food and gas prices.

Consumer prices aren't falling, they simply aren't rising ATM.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Somebody is living in denial.

"The average price for all types of ground beef per pound hit its all-time high -- $3.884 per pound -- in the United States in July, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Five years ago, in July 2009, the average price for a pound of ground beef was $2.147, according to the BLS. In those five years, the average price has climbed by $1.737 per pound--or almost 81 percent.

The seasonally-adjusted price index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs also hit an all-time high in July, according to BLS.

In January 1967, when the BLS started tracking this measure, the index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs was 38.1. As of last July, it was 236.147. By this January, it hit 240.006. By June, it hit 253.318. And, in July, it climbed to a record 254.174.

“The food index rose 0.4 percent in July, its fifth increase at least that large in the last 6 months,”states the BLS. “The index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs has increased 7.6 percent over the [last 12 months] and the index for dairy and related products has risen 4.3 percent.”

Wrong... food prices are soaring.
See, Soggy?

Manufactured bullshit.

I provided link that food prices are dropping. You, on the other hand, Sassy, just made a completely bogus claim.

I will repeat this just for you.

"The average price for all types of ground beef per pound hit its all-time high -- $3.884 per pound -- in the United States in July, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Five years ago, in July 2009, the average price for a pound of ground beef was $2.147, according to the BLS. In those five years, the average price has climbed by $1.737 per pound--or almost 81 percent.

Theseasonally-adjusted price indexfor meats, poultry, fish, and eggs also hit an all-time high in July, according to BLS.

In January 1967, when the BLS started tracking this measure,the indexfor meats, poultry, fish, and eggs was 38.1. As of last July, it was 236.147. By this January, it hit 240.006. By June, it hit 253.318. And, in July, it climbed to a record 254.174.

“The food index rose 0.4 percent in July, its fifth increase at least that large in the last 6 months,”states the BLS. “The index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs has increased 7.6 percent over the [last 12 months] and the index for dairy and related products has risen 4.3 percent.”

2r2m9gp.jpg

I think you cherry picked, a quick search showed prices up to 3.19 a gal in Oregon. Nice try though
You do know that it is full service only in Oregon?

It doesn't change the price more than a penny a gallon.

Forum List

Back