VIOLENCE: Republican promises “bullets not ballots” if Trump loses in 2024

And when BillyBob BoobToob has 100 long guns, Billy Bob can still only fire One at a Time.
It's been enough to keep the Russians from attacking us. You guys really overestimate not only the strength, but the authority, of the current govt, and you are seriously underestimating the ability, strength and resources of the people in this country. You think we're all like you 😉

My bad. Here's what you did say:

It's not a matter of feelings. If the party in power passes laws that the minority vehemently opposes, that drives division. It's bad government and only inspires the "revenge politics" cycle. The losing side skulks away vowing to undo everything being forced on them at the first opportunity. The truth is that pushing an agenda that only half the country supports is shortsighted and stupid, even if you can pull it off.

It's good government, and in the long run good politics, to take into account strong objections of the minority. Especially when it comes to legislation that pushes fundamental changes on society (eg ACA). Laws that don't have broad support will be targeted for repeal, modification, nullification, etc as soon as the other side regains power. That leaves us thrashing back and forth between extremes, with each side pushing harder and harder for their unpopular agenda (because they know much of what they accomplish will be undone).
Feeling divided isn’t a matter of feelings? :uhoh3:

Lemme give you some free wisdom. The party in power sets the agenda. Period.
It’s always been that way. It’s a battle of ideas.

If you are divided by that, it’s by choice. Either you didn’t know what I just posted and hadn’t factored it in or you’re just a thoughtless reactionary.

Instead of expecting the party in power to acquiesce to your feels, which will only bring you grief. Expect the party you align more with to have better ideas that put them in power.

We thrash back and forth because it’s really only the Dems who bother to actually legislate. Most often without any constructive input from the Republicans. This is where that good faith I mentioned becomes important.

Feeling divided isn’t a matter of feelings? :uhoh3:

Lemme give you some free wisdom. The party in power sets the agenda. Period.
It’s always been that way. It’s a battle of ideas.

If you are divided by that, it’s by choice. Either you didn’t know what I just posted and hadn’t factored it in or you’re just a thoughtless reactionary.

Instead of expecting the party in power to acquiesce to your feels, which will only bring you grief. Expect the party you align more with to have better ideas that put them in power.

We thrash back and forth because it’s really only the Dems who bother to actually legislate. Most often without any constructive input from the Republicans. This is where that good faith I mentioned becomes important.
Nope. The in-your-face, "revenge" politics of the two party pissing match is killing the nation. Winning an election isn't supposed to be a license to fuck the opposition blind.

Violence may well happen.

However, the right has no financing, no munitions, no sanctuary, no command, control, and communication.

I just hope the violent don't get their families slaughtered right along with them.

Nope. The in-your-face, "revenge" politics of the two party pissing match is killing the nation. Winning an election isn't supposed to be a license to fuck the opposition blind.
It’s the Republicans who operate on revenge rather than good faith.
See the doomed impeachment inquiry for an example of empty political puffery and petty revenge. They’d rather do that than be a partner in Biden’s legislative agenda. A partnership, that if done in good faith, would temper Biden’s policy initiatives while furthering their own.
They just don’t care.
McCarthy had to give his wack jobs the impeachment in the hopes of getting funding so the govt doesn’t shut down.
Totally dysfunctional on the right. Depraved.

See the doomed impeachment inquiry for an example of empty political puffery and petty revenge. They’d rather do that than be a partner in Biden’s legislative agenda. A partnership, that if done in good faith, would temper Biden’s policy initiatives while furthering their own.
They just don’t care.
McCarthy had to give his wack jobs the impeachment in the hopes of getting funding so the govt doesn’t shut down.
Heh.. ok. I guess there's just not much point in talking to a partisan about the insidious nature of partisan politics.

They just don’t care.
Dysfunctional depraved liar sez what?

Forum List

Back