VIDEO: Atheists Confounded as MIT Scientist Offers Proof that God Exists!

I opened this thread expecting some kind of weak and trite version of the First Cause dilemma. Instead, it turns out to be a pathetic apologist version of the First Cause dilemma with underlying grandiose delusions. This guy is saying "I'm a scientist and I don't know what this is, so it must be God."

I will send you $1000 Dollars, if you can quote from that video the SPECIFICS uttered by that Scientists, which sustain your 'feelings'.

(Now the reader should know, that having watched that video, I know for an incontrovertible fact, that there is NOTHING in that video which is even remotely close to what that contributor projects... So, don't sweat it, there's no risk here whatsoever.)
You mean you aren't confounded?

Theists please explain what is so convincing? Whatever created this universe as big as it is all for us? We couldn't even see beyond our solar system until the telescope.

This scientist is forgetting the rules of science. He wants it to be true too much to be unbiased. He's stretching. Like Jim carry in that movie where everything added up to 33.

Where's he stretching? Again... be specific.

Not the punitive father figure sitting on a throne meting out punishment for transgressors, but an “Incomprehensible” intelligence that Genesis was attempting to describe to us thousands of years ago.

Gerald Schroeder is a scientist with over thirty years of research and teaching experience. He earned his Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate degrees at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT). His doctorate thesis was supervised by physics professor Robley D. Evans. After five more years teaching in the MIT physics department Schroeder moved to Israel, where he joined the Weizmann Institute of Science. He later joined the Volcani Research Institute and ran a research laboratory at The Hebrew University. He holds Doctorate degrees in both Physics and Earth Sciences.

VIDEO: MIT scientist Gerald Schroeder explains the conclusive scientific discovery of God.

Enjoy... .

Now you have to convince us this god came here in the form of Jesus and performed magic.

What Magic did Jesus perform?

And please... be as specific as your intellectual limitations allow.

Walked on water healed the terminally sick was born of a virgin and turned 5 loaves and 3 fish into enough food for 5000

So who created it all? Allah, Vishnu, Zeuss, or one of the other ones?

List of deities - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

God created it.

You seem to be implying that because God is known through many names and understood from many perspectives that this somehow requires that God does not exist.

I assure you I exist, despite my being known as Son, Dad, Husband, Brother, Uncle, Papa, Boss, Buddy... All of which represent me, from distinct perspectives.

See how that works?
Cool beans. Please tell all the religions to stop using Him to spread their bullshit k thanks :thup:

In the context of this argument God can neither be proven or disproved.

False...

God is the Creator. You exist as a function of the Creation, therefore the Creation exist, ergo: God Exist.

Did you feel that there was something complex in there?

sealybobo said:
Now you have to convince us this god came here in the form of Jesus and performed magic.

Walked on water healed the terminally sick was born of a virgin and turned 5 loaves and 3 fish into enough food for 5000

What's magical about any of that? Looks like the simple manipulation of matter to me.

Are you trying to say that 'matter cannot be manipulated'?

God created it.

You seem to be implying that because God is known through many names and understood from many perspectives that this somehow requires that God does not exist.

I assure you I exist, despite my being known as Son, Dad, Husband, Brother, Uncle, Papa, Boss, Buddy... All of which represent me, from distinct perspectives.

See how that works?
Cool beans. Please tell all the religions to stop using Him to spread their bullshit k thanks :thup:

What bullshit is that? And please... be specific.

He is using a very old argument: The universe exists therefore it must have been created. It's not proof of anything, It's just a compelling argument that can never be proven one way or another as we cannot see back to before the universe existed. We cannot even see back to the beginning.

Another argument along those lines is that the physical laws are balanced in such a way to permit life to exist, therefore the universe must have been purposely created to allow life to flourish.

Both views assume the universe has a purpose. The only purpose that is evident is to undergo continually accelerating entropy until the universe reaches heat death many billions of years from now.

Gravity is a very old principle... still works perfectly. Momentum, inertia, electromagnetism, entropy, chaos... all very old conditions which have never been subject to antiquity.

In truth, the Universe does exist... and we know that at one point it is not exist. It follows, therefore that it was created.

We do not know the specifics of what it was that created it, but we call what that was: God.

That your subjective needs require that there not be God, is quite irrelevant, given that you exist and as such you stand as evidence of God, who created you.

LOL! Now the reader must have some idea of how that frost that contributors giblets.

And for me... that makes the entire issue... WELL WORTH THE CONSIDERIN' OF IT!
In the context of this argument God can neither be proven or disproved. Some intelligence may have actually caused the universe to come into being in it's current form but there is no way of verifying it. Science takes nothing on faith, yet this "scientist" is using scientific lingo to rationalize his beliefs and give the impression he has made some breakthrough but there are no new arguments. This particular argument comes from antiquity and is still nothing more than a thought experiment until God shows up to explain itself.

Apparently he showed up long before video and then disappeared without a trace for the last 2000 years or 500 if you believe Mohammed or 215 if you believe the Mormons.

God created it.

See how that works?

Be specific? I don't have the time to put such a long list together.

I opened this thread expecting some kind of weak and trite version of the First Cause dilemma. Instead, it turns out to be a pathetic apologist version of the First Cause dilemma with underlying grandiose delusions. This guy is saying "I'm a scientist and I don't know what this is, so it must be God."

I will send you $1000 Dollars, if you can quote from that video the SPECIFICS uttered by that Scientists, which sustain your 'feelings'.

(Now the reader should know, that having watched that video, I know for an incontrovertible fact, that there is NOTHING in that video which is even remotely close to what that contributor projects... So, don't sweat it, there's no risk here whatsoever.)

I watched the video too. His argument boils down to 1) The universe had a beginning, 2) Outside of the universe there is nothing, 3) The laws of physics must have "predated" the beginning of the universe, 4) Therefore, it must be God.

I think the problem here is that you probably don't know what First Cause arguments are. So you don't recognize this as being an incarnation of the First Cause argument.

What created god?
His argument is kind of that nothingness but god existed (and we humans suppossedly can't fathom nothingness). So what created god? And before god, was there nothingness? Or did god always exist? In which case there was never nothingness. It sounds kind of like a circular argument to me.

False...

God is the Creator. You exist as a function of the Creation, therefore the Creation exist, ergo: God Exist.

You are extrapolating the cause from the lingering effects. Point at God without using anything in the physical universe to describe "him". You cannot. We see a house and know it was built by someone because we see houses getting built all of the time. We have verifiable cause and effect. We have never seen a universe created so we have no frame of reference to explain this phenomena. Until we can somehow see past the beginning of time The Answer remains speculation.

God created it.

See how that works?

Be specific? I don't have the time to put such a long list together.

Nothing coming to mind?

Thaz kewl...

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

(You've done the very best you could. And I just wanted you to know that... )

sealybobo said:

What's magical about any of that? Looks like the simple manipulation of matter to me.

You guys are a hoot. George Carlin was right. Greatest bullshit story of all time. If you don't get it when someone is embellishing a legend and telling you a story about when their lord visited?;Why don't you believe Joe smith like millions of Mormons? Because you weren't born in Utah and you don't believe Allah because you weren't born in Saudi Arabia.

sealybobo said:

If anyone ever manipulated matter in that way show us. And it won't be a miracle when matter is manipulated it'll be science.

False...

You are extrapolating the cause from the lingering effects.

Yeah... because that is all that is possible TO DO.

Point at God without using anything in the physical universe to describe "him".

Happy to do so. God is the creator of the laws of the universe... Laws such as cause and effect; for instance, the law wherein one pays someone to not produce and the odds of them producing are slim to none... or the law which provides that what one generation tolerates the next will embrace and so on and so forth.

You cannot.

Ooops... I see you've got some revising to do, so I should let ya get to it.

Thanks for stopping by.

sealybobo said:

If anyone ever manipulated matter in that way show us. And it won't be a miracle when matter is manipulated it'll be science.

Oh it is science... on that we agree.

What is NOT science, is the notion which holds: 'we can't do it, so it can't be done'?

ROFLMNAO! But it is adorable.

What created god?

Is there some relevance to that?

If so, what would that relevance be?

One of the fundamental premises of first cause arguments is that there must be a cause to the universe's existence which is outside of the universe, because causality is a necessity for anything to happen. But the failing here is that it leads to an infinite regression searching for causes before the earliest identified cause. Thus, arguing that God must exist so as to satisfy causality implies the same necessity for a preceding cause for God's existence. Something must have preceded God. If the requirement for a preceding cause does not apply to God's existence, it can equally be dismissed for the universe's existence. Thus, the demand for causality becomes arbitrary, and the entire causal argument falls apart.

Forum List

Back