Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

My, my! You are quite the patriot! And you have an awesome command of the written word. A double threat!

Not a Patriot, juat an idealist. A simply man who actually believes in walking the talk and living the things he believes in. Once this goes into effect, I would not be able to get medical care in Vermont, so there's no chance that I could ever go there.

I am afraid that you might be putting too much thought into my comments. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself.

The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.

Uh, I am not a right wing nutter.
Facts hurt ya?

Good luck to Vermont.
Watch them dump as many citizens as they can on Medicaid and ACA to avoid paying themselves.
SUCKERS

Is it only a matter of time before the nation follows suit?

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers Dead

Under a single-payer system, there is no role for health insurance companies such as Aetna and Cigna as the government pays all the medical bills. Many hope that the United States will implement a single-payer system.

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers To Be History - TheStreet

So under single-payer can an individual SUE the doctor?

Also I just realized lawyers will be AGAINST this movement...

Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year
Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

-- Up to 92% of US physicians practice defensive medicine.
-- 76% of physicians report that defensive medicine decreases patient access to healthcare.
-- 53% of physicians report delaying new techniques, procedures, and treatments due to fear of lawsuits.
-- Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
-- 79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.

BUT...
Physicians contracted by the federal government practice significantly less defensive medicine as they are protected against lawsuits by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
Only 48% practice defensive medicine compared to 92% of non-government physicians.

-- 89% of physicians support a patient’s right to be compensated fairly for true negligence.
SOURCE: Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

If the same Federal Tort Claims Act. applied to NON-government physicians that apply to physicians under Federal contracts this $850 billion could drop by 30% or more! A savings of nearly $250 billion a year. (92% becomes 48% a drop of 44% of physicians wasting money due to defensive medicine practices.)

I wonder what would happen if I asked you to prove that they have a lower quality of life?

And.....you might be the first person I have ever heard say that too much life isn't a good thing.

Higher taxes, "free" education, socialized healthcare, mass transit, and no legal ability to carry firearms. There's a bunch of the issues that equate to a lower quality of life so far as I'm concerned.

Then I'm guessing that you don't believe in the concept of an after-life, and I will leave it at that.

I am afraid that you might be putting too much thought into my comments. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself.

It requires absolutely no expenditure of mental resources to reply to a Liberal.

The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.

Its Zeke, toothless stumpbroke of USMB, weighing in from the single wide.
Hey Zeke, we aren't rooting for anything. It is an easily foreseeable outcome, at least if you aren't consuming a sixer of Blatz with breakfast.
Lower the cost of anything to free and I guarantee you'll give more of it away than if you had charged for it. Cap the compensation you can get for providing it to below market rates and you'll getmany fewer providers. This leads to shortages and rationing. It is Econ 101, a subject they don't teach in 1st grade, which is why you dont know it.

Hey Zeke, we aren't rooting for anything. It is an easily foreseeable outcome, at least if you aren't consuming a sixer of Blatz with breakfast.
Lower the cost of anything to free and I guarantee you'll give more of it away than if you had charged for it. Cap the compensation you can get for providing it to below market rates and you'll getmany fewer providers. This leads to shortages and rationing. It is Econ 101, a subject they don't teach in 1st grade, which is why you dont know it.

that's way over their heads, all they see is FREE free free and that make everything all good

that's way over their heads, all they see is FREE free free and that make everything all good

It's not free. The government pays for it. THey get their money from a stash somewhere. Right?

Also will this mean ALL health care workers will be government workers?
Also will the government run health agency the VA be the model?
Finally if there is a single payer then who makes up the difference in the loss $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local tax revenue ?

Hey it is the rabid rabbit. Blatz? Really rabbit? Is that what you drink? I shoulda known. You are classless and have no taste in beer.

But anyway. Anything that you are sure of, I know the opposite will happen.

Vermont is on the right path. The rabid rabbit hates it.

You get a job yet rabbit. Or is 40k posts jobs one? But are you EVER going to post anything remotely intelligent? 40 thousand posts of lies and bullshit. Oh boy. What a rabbit.

It's not free. The government pays for it. THey get their money from a stash somewhere. Right?

magic money trees they go pluck the money from

Folks have money for their $30,000 fancy motorcycles, boats, jet skis and big trucks but do not have money to pay their own damn health care bills.
Irresponsible. We have become a nation of milk weak sissies.

We've become a nation of citizens who feel they are ENTITLED..but that is what one party (Democrats especially, but Republicans are well on their way) has sold and pushed on them for years so this is the end results

and believe me they weren't doing it for YOUR BENEFIT or because they care for YOU

they see you enslaved to a government and they are YOUR MASTERS

you bought it so now you will get to live that way...sounds wonderful eh?

Vermont? With its 3.3% unemployment rate? hmmm....

btw,

the great state of Texas has 10 times as many people without health insurance as Vermont has people.

So pick your model.

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.

47,000 Americans were dying due to the health care system prior to ObamaCare and many more were going bankrupt.

No modern industrialized European country were or are seeing those kind of numbers.

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.

I agree.

Also when they have more people taking the "free" HC then they have paying for it and taxes go up to cover the costs you can bet your ass the taxpayers in Vt. will catch a clue.

Single payer is not an advance. Its a way for those who have to pay for those who don't. Just like the ACA.

You have different objectives than they do. They believe fairness = sameness. Single payer provides sameness.

Results count. The Canadians and Europeans live longer than we do, have better overall health, and a far lower infant mortality. Yet we pay much more for our inadaquete healthcare than they do.

All of this is twisted BS. Canada does not have to deal with an open southern border or the ramifications of such.

Maybe they can hire some soon to be fired VA administrators to run their program.

47,000 Americans were dying due to the health care system prior to ObamaCare and many more were going bankrupt.

No modern industrialized European country were or are seeing those kind of numbers.

Ignoring that you have no source for that, in Canada you are more likely to die of cancer or heart disease. Good treatment is expensive. And if you think it's expensive now, wait until it's free. The same, crappy care for all! What a mantra you have.

Forum List

Back