Vegetarian Meals

am I not allowed to have a vegetarian to share vegetarian recipes then ?

You're allowed, but of you post “vegetarian beef…” anything, then you're an idiot, and should expect to be treated as such.

I do not know why in the world you are being so aggressive about vegetarian food recipes Bob.

Bob has a beef about vegetarian food. :lol: see what I did? I used beef in a different type of expression Bob. And go fuck yourself. :laugh2:

Thanks for this thread, drifter! I love trying new vegan recipes, and there are tons of awesome vegan recipe channels on YouTube, so you can find pretty much anything.

I've posted this before, but I made a little recipe video, for tofu scramble breakfast tacos. Might as well share it here, lol.

I've tried tofu different ways, but can't eat it anymore because of the salt. Depends on what you do with it, that scramble is a pretty good alternative to the eggs, if you can eat it.

In response to the ignorant comments in post #22 and #25.

Real men protect and defend the innocent, defenseless and vulnerable.

Real men don't care about going along with the crowd to try to appear "manly" - they are confident and do what is right, no matter what people say.

Real men (and smart people) know that a diet high in animal products raises one's risk for cancer, heart disease and other preventable illnesses.

And on top of all that, eating too much meat is linked to erectile dysfunction.

Vegans have the opposite benefit, btw. So who's the real man? I'd say it's a no-brainer. :saythat:

meat-erectiledysfunction.jpg

3Wbj3X.md.jpg

:21:

How to make artificial meat from scratch?
Meat isn't a problem for me, but personally I dislike soy.
Too much soy can aggravate the thyroid and/or cause female problems for women.

I would use other sorts of beans, olives, portobello or plain white mushrooms, a little oregano, garlic, and parsley, depending on how much I want to emulate "meat" or how strictly "vegan" versus merely "vegetarian" the goals or requirements for the meal or diet are.

Beans or legumes together with corn or other grain do make out a complete dietary protein, and mushrooms are important in any vegetarian diet to add a "meaty" flavor with an extra assurance of all essential minerals in the diet.

I would use other sorts of beans, olives, portobello or plain white mushrooms, a little oregano, garlic, and parsley, depending on how much I want to emulate "meat" or how strictly "vegan" versus merely "vegetarian" the goals or requirements for the meal or diet are.

Beans or legumes together with corn or other grain do make out a complete dietary protein, and mushrooms are important in any vegetarian diet to add a "meaty" flavor with an extra assurance of all essential minerals in the diet.

I've got hyperthyroidism. It's a son of a gun, for sure. You have to be really selective in what you eat. I'm supposed to have more iodine radiation treatment here soon, so maybe that'll all change. Hopefully, it does anyway.

I'm a vegetarian my niece is vegan I don't have the discipline to be vegan. In the winter I like lentils.

I make my own Greek Yogurt. Strained for a day or so, and pumped with probiotics I have found that a relatively small amount, with some fruit, nuts, maybe a squeeze of raw honey, is extremely filling and keeps me good for most of the day.

Pretty much my breakfast most days.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I think that counts as a vegetarian meal. People would be shocked at how simple it is to make the yogurt and how much better it is than the store bought crap. YMMV.

Probiotics are really good for you. I have a yogurt maker but never used it. I am sure homemade yogurt the way you are making it is AMAZING!

In response to the ignorant comments in post #22 and #25.

Real men protect and defend the innocent, defenseless and vulnerable.

Real men don't care about going along with the crowd to try to appear "manly" - they are confident and do what is right, no matter what people say.

Real men (and smart people) know that a diet high in animal products raises one's risk for cancer, heart disease and other preventable illnesses.

And on top of all that, eating too much meat is linked to erectile dysfunction.

Vegans have the opposite benefit, btw. So who's the real man? I'd say it's a no-brainer. :saythat:

meat-erectiledysfunction.jpg

3Wbj3X.md.jpg

One of my friends who is 100% vegan said to em a long time ago (before I was vegetarian) that when I consume animals that I am consuming the pain anguish and fear the animal had in the last breath before being slaughtered. It really stuck with me when he said that talk about a guilt trip. Still, I am not as good as Vegans are I am only vegetarian.

I'm making this tomorrow.

My mom loves eggplant, I should make that for her next time she comes over for a mom/daughter day. Thanks for sharing it.

Looks really good.

Last edited:
This isn't the flame zone. It's sharing recipes with other vegetarians. No one is asking you to eat vegetarian.
Do you still eat dairy? Does that include eggs?
eggs are not dairy products

Eggs are poultry products

I actually don't like eggs except for in a recipe but vegetarians can eat them. I don't like eggs by themselves. I don't know what happened but my tastes have changed drastically in the past 5 years or so. Things I used to love I don't like anymore and things I used to hate I like. LOL

I know my tastes have changed a lot since going whole food plant based. Veggies I used to think were bitter now taste a little sweet to me. I'll eat a raw ear of corn and it's so sweet and delicious that there is no need for butter or salt

I don't use the term vegan very much anymore because a person can be vegan and live on french fries and soda so it's an almost meaningless term when discussing diets that are actually healthy

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you interested in the recipe?

Hell, no. I'm a real man, who does real work, and needs real food to keep my body going, not that fake pussy food that you're pushing.
This isn't the flame zone. It's sharing recipes with other vegetarians. No one is asking you to eat vegetarian.
Do you still eat dairy? Does that include eggs?
eggs are not dairy products

Eggs are poultry products

I actually don't like eggs except for in a recipe but vegetarians can eat them. I don't like eggs by themselves. I don't know what happened but my tastes have changed drastically in the past 5 years or so. Things I used to love I don't like anymore and things I used to hate I like. LOL
I know my tastes have changed a lot since going whole food plant based. Veggies I used to think were bitter now taste a little sweet to me. I'll eat a raw ear of corn and it's so sweet and delicious that there is no need for butter or salt

I don't use the term vegan very much anymore because a person can be vegan and live on french fries and soda so it's an almost meaningless term when discussing diets that are actually healthy
Same here I gave up sugar too and now use monk fruit in recipes for sweetness. And good corn does not need butter or salt. If I eat something not healthy I feel really sick.

Forum List

Back