Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

I really hope this continues.

It seems we need more laws.

It's amazing employers are this stupid.

But they are..and it seems legislation is the only way to correct this stupidity.

Force people to keep employees when they will lose money in doing so?

ROTFL

Naw.

Force employers to have reasonable rules about when they can fire an employee.

Political affliation is not protected.

Neither is there a law against firing people for "revenge".

The alternative is getting rid of those "Right to Work" laws and let Unions back in.

I'm good with either method.

Last edited:

But they are..and it seems legislation is the only way to correct this stupidity.

ROTFL

Naw.

The alternative is getting rid of those "Right to Work" laws and let Unions back in.

Is it reasonable to fire people when an employer believes that a government healthcare mandate will make such an employee marginally or less-than marginally profitable?

moron.

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

What type of legislation would you be in favor of? Would you demand that a government panel be consulted before firing an employee? If so, what would become of the unions?

It's a slippery slope you are on there pal.

No it's not.

Employers should not be able to fire people for their political affliations. Or, because their candidate lost.

Laws are meant to address stupidity.

ROTFL

Naw.

Is it reasonable to fire people when an employer believes that a government healthcare mandate will make such an employee marginally or less-than marginally profitable?

moron.

Sure.

They should be able to open the books and prove it.

Moron.

Those employers who want the right to hire and fire should get the message and get out. This isn't that country anymore.

Yes. The purge of non-essential employees - especially those who look like they might have voted for Obama, will continue in earnest.

Of course, me and all the boys at the club fired all such employees a very long time ago, except those who do the kitchen work and such.

As long as leftists are in power, please outsource whenever possible.

Stay classy San Diego!!!!

SO....let me guess: Fire all the blacks, mexicans, gays and women. Shouldnt that sum up firing anyone who "looks" like they voted for Obama?

Attitudes like yours have made it hard to be sympathetic towards your cause.

That guy must have a pretty lousy business model.

He should liquidate and let someone who can do it have a crack.

Considering the guy has 114 employees (you can bet he didnt start out with that many)
I would have to say he doing something right.
Way to pass judgement with absolutely no knowledge of his business acumen.

If he's got 114 employees he is RIPE to move to a better business climate. He should fire them all and move his whole business out of the country. Use that business model someplace where it will do some good.

Thats what I would do. Or at least to a business friendly state.....which are typically red.

ROTFL

Naw.

Is less projected marginal profitability for retaining an employee due to government legislation a reasonable reason to cut staffing, commie swallow?

ROTFL

Don't laugh....it's probably already in the works.

Those employers who want the right to hire and fire should get the message and get out. This isn't that country anymore.

Sure thing.

The sooner the better.

They can go find another country that offers all the opportunity, freedom, justice, and infrastructure the United States offers.

I've met a few business owners that tried it.

And came right back.

ROTFL

Naw.

Is less projected marginal profitability for retaining an employee due to government legislation a reasonable reason to cut staffing, commie swallow?

Gosh..your faggot assinine shit comes through like a rainbow flag, SniperFag.

No..you can't swallow my load, nazi.

In any case..unlike you, I have actually run a business.

And it should be pretty easy to justify letting people go..if profits are affected.

Easy answer: NEver, ever, spend one dime in a business that endorsed Romney. They wanna play that game, then fine.

Example: I only shop for food at Whole Foods now. They abide by a....non-right wing ideal system....and business is booming for them somehow, even offering health insurance for grocery clerks.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more time on Amazon.

According to the election...there are more non-extreme right wingers than there are right wingers who want to fire people for "looking like they voted for Obama" (translation: Fire all the blacks, mexicans and gays).

I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

He didnt say he fired Dem employees. Way to jump to conclusions...you stupid liberal piece of shit.
But I sure hope they were. It's about time for small business to make a stand.
The libs have unions on their side so I dont see this as out of the realm of fair play.

Who the hell would even think about hiring a liberal?

The American people. 2 days ago. Turn your TV on.

Easy answer: NEver, ever, spend one dime in a business that endorsed Romney. They wanna play that game, then fine.

Example: I only shop for food at Whole Foods now. They abide by a....non-right wing ideal system....and business is booming for them somehow, even offering health insurance for grocery clerks.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more time on Amazon.

According to the election...there are more non-extreme right wingers than there are right wingers who want to fire people for "looking like they voted for Obama" (translation: Fire all the blacks, mexicans and gays).

When you consider the fact that they are directly responsible for the increase in cost...I'd say thats fair.
Hmmmm......fire the people who tried to help the company. Seems counter productive to me.

Yes. The purge of non-essential employees - especially those who look like they might have voted for Obama, will continue in earnest.

Of course, me and all the boys at the club fired all such employees a very long time ago, except those who do the kitchen work and such.

As long as leftists are in power, please outsource whenever possible.

Stay classy San Diego!!!!

SO....let me guess: Fire all the blacks, mexicans, gays and women. Shouldnt that sum up firing anyone who "looks" like they voted for Obama?

Attitudes like yours have made it hard to be sympathetic towards your cause.

Elections have consequences.

If he is too stupid to to figure out how to get cost effective health insurance for his employees chances are that all them are going to lose their jobs from him going out of business.

In the meantime, millions of the most vulnerable will simply be lopped off the payrolls.

Elections have consequences.

Forum List

Back